|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Min tell Tree-ear to do about setting up the planks for his display?
(a) Put the planks so the ocean was to the front.
(b) Set the larger planks on the top.
(c) Set them so the sea was in the background.
(d) Scatter seashells around the pottery to distract the emissary.
2. What is Tree-ear's response to Crane-man's offer?
(a) He does not know his uncle.
(b) He does not want help.
(c) He is happy with Crane-man.
(d) He does not want to be a healer.
3. What did Crane-man try to do during the day when Tree-ear was working?
(a) Catch a flounder.
(b) Catch a rabbit.
(c) Bake bread with acorn flour.
(d) Sleep in the shade.
4. Who is Tree-ear?
(a) The village potter.
(b) The son of the village commissioner.
(c) A young orphan.
(d) The daughter of the village baker.
5. What type of pottery did Tree-ear plan to be his first one?
(a) A water carrier.
(b) A cornus twist.
(c) A perfume bottle.
(d) A prunus vase.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Min insist upon that makes Tree-ear's job even more tedious?
2. For what is Tree-ear scavenging?
3. What was the farmer carrying?
4. What did the village potters begin to do at the kiln?
5. What does Tree-ear rotate doing?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)