|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the object that Tree-ear is holding?
(a) Tree-ear drops it, and it breaks.
(b) Tree-ear gives it to Min.
(c) Tree-ear asks to learn how to make it.
(d) Tree-ear gives it to Crane-man.
2. What was Tree-ear's secret about one of the bowls put out for display?
(a) Tree-ear made one of the petal decorations.
(b) He had changed the glaze on it.
(c) It had an unknown flaw.
(d) It was mostly his work.
3. What is Min's response to Tree-ear's request?
(a) He says he does not let anyone watch him work.
(b) He tells Tree-ear to take the crane figure to his guardian.
(c) He reluctantly agrees.
(d) He says the apples are quite sour.
4. What does Crane-man offer?
(a) To send Tree-ear to Crane-man's brother for an apprenticeship.
(b) To take Tree-ear to find his uncle.
(c) To talk to the healer about the apprenticeship.
(d) To help Tree-ear.
5. What kind of branch did Tree-ear bring Min for a vase on display?
(a) A branch of cherry blossoms.
(b) A flowering plum branch.
(c) He did not get a branch for any vase.
(d) A whip-o-willow branch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Min send Tree-ear to the seashore?
2. What story does Crane-man tell Tree-ear?
3. In what century is A Single Shard set?
4. What did Min make more than other potters?
5. Who is Min?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)