|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tree-ear also prepares the clay for __________.
(a) Pot molds.
(c) Min's brother.
(d) The kiln.
2. Why does Min send him there?
(a) To bring water from the rivers.
(b) To get some quartz to grind.
(c) To get powders from the apothecary.
(d) To chop wood.
3. What did the village potters begin to do at the kiln?
(a) Fight over taking turns.
(b) Use a different kind of wood.
(c) Pace restlessly.
(d) Load it with more pottery.
4. How did Tree-ear sometimes manage to get winter garments for him and Crane-man?
(a) Taking them from clothes lines.
(b) Begging door to door.
(c) Going through the trash at people's house.
(d) From the monks.
5. What does Min insist upon that makes Tree-ear's job even more tedious?
(a) Tree-ear must follow Min's helpful advice.
(b) Tree-ear must help Min sometimes.
(c) Processing the clay sometimes 4 or 5 times.
(d) Tree-ear must stand as Tree-ear is working.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Min?
2. What sloshed out of two bowls that Kang was carrying while Tree-ear was watching him?
3. Why did a potter want a vessel off the shelf in the kiln?
4. What does Tree-ear tell the farmer?
5. What does Tree-ear do when he does not find Min?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)