|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what century is A Single Shard set?
2. What did Tree-ear decide about not being allowed to use the potter's wheel?
(a) He would become a blacksmith.
(b) He would change Min's mind.
(c) He would move to another village.
(d) There is more than one way to make pottery.
3. What does the farmer do for Tree-ear?
(a) Hires him to weed his family garden.
(b) Gives him permission to dig clay in his fallow field.
(c) Allows him the spilled rice.
(d) Hires him to catch his chickens.
4. What does Crane-man tell Tree-ear about a long kept tradition?
(a) Traditions should change every ten years.
(b) It is silly to have a long kept tradition.
(c) It can be stronger than law.
(d) There is no law that governs tradition.
5. Why did potters try to find gray-brown clay?
(a) It was waterproof.
(b) It was considered holy.
(c) It was the strongest clay.
(d) It fused well with the celadon glaze.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tree-ear decide to do?
2. What animal did Tree-ear see on his first night of sleeping alone in the woods?
3. What does Tree-ear do when he does not find Min?
4. What was the problem with the sandals Crane-man gave Tree-ear?
5. Who was waiting out on the road for Tree-ear the morning after he and Min unloaded the kiln?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)