1. In what century is A Single Shard set?
2. In which area of Korea is the novel set?
(a) The heart of Korea.
(b) Western coast.
(c) Northern mountains.
(d) Eastern coast.
3. What is the name of the vase that has dozens of birds inlaid inside medallions surrounded by clouds?
(a) Thousand Cranes Vase.
(b) The Cranes Landing Vase.
(c) The Forging of a Thousand Sands Vase.
(d) The Vase of a Thousand Herons.
4. Who is Tree-ear?
(a) The village potter.
(b) The daughter of the village baker.
(c) The son of the village commissioner.
(d) A young orphan.
5. For what is Tree-ear scavenging?
(a) Bits of leather.
(b) Bits of thread.
6. What was the farmer carrying?
(a) A rice bag that has a leak.
(b) A bag of turnips.
(c) A hoe.
(d) A letter.
7. What does Tree-ear tell the farmer?
(a) About finding a piece of jade.
(b) About the new family in town.
(c) Nothing; he is not allowed to talk to the farmer.
(d) About the hole in the rice bag.
This section contains 5,243 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)