|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had not been recovered after the ransom was paid, according to the articles in Chapter Eight?
2. What is the name of the subdivision where Hank and Sarah live?
3. What does Hank ask to borrow from Carl in Chapter Ten?
4. Whom does Hank call after talking with Sarah on the phone in Chapter Eleven?
5. What is the name of the county whose sheriff calls Hank in Chapter Ten?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Sarah's response to the story told by Agent Baxter in Chapter Nine?
2. Who found Carl's body? Where? Who tells Hank?
3. What does Hank tell Sheriff McKellroy and Collins in Chapter Eleven?
4. What does Hank find in Jacob's apartment in Chapter Eight?
5. Why does Agent Baxter tell Hank he is investigating in the area in Chapter Nine?
6. What do the FBI agents respond after hearing Hank's statement in Chapter Eleven?
7. What is Sarah's belief about Jacob in Chapter Seven? What happens to him?
8. What worries Hank about meeting with the "real" FBI agents in Chapter Eleven?
9. What newspaper clippings does Hank discover in Chapter Eight?
10. What does Hank discover from the FBI about the missing money in Chapter Eleven?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the evolution of Hank and Sarah's relationship in Chapter Seven. How do Hank and Sarah differ over the issue of Jacob?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the author Scott Bechtel Smith. For what major works is Smith most known? What screenplays has the author adapted and/or written?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Jacob's role in setting up Lou in Chapter Six. What internal conflicts does Jacob face in this scenario and why? Whom does he choose in the end?
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)