|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tool does Hank discover inside a trunk in Chapter Eight?
2. What part of the serial numbers did the FBI record of the money in Chapter Eleven?
3. What does Carl ask Hank if he'd sell him in Chapter Eight?
4. To what does Hank sell Jacob's truck in Chapter Eight?
5. What do Hank and Sarah do with the money in Chapter Twelve?
Short Essay Questions
1. What mode of action does Hank begin to question in Chapter Nine at night?
2. How does Hank respond when Sarah asks if he would kill her for the money in Chapter Eight?
3. What does Hank tell Sheriff McKellroy and Collins in Chapter Eleven?
4. Whose funerals does Hank attend in Chapter Eight? What stories emerge?
5. Where does Hank go with Sheriff McKellroy and Collins after the station in Chapter Eleven? Why?
6. What does Hank discover from the FBI about the missing money in Chapter Eleven?
7. Why does Agent Baxter tell Hank he is investigating in the area in Chapter Nine?
8. Who found Carl's body? Where? Who tells Hank?
9. To whom does Hank sell Jacob's truck and other belongings in Chapter Eight?
10. What causes Hank distress while giving his statement to the FBI agents in Chapter Eleven?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss Hank, Lou, and Jacob's actions and objectives in taking Lou to Wrangler's in Chapter Six. What does Hank hope will come of the setup? What are Jacob's hopes for the situation?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the character of Dwight Penderson in the narrative and his role in the plot of the novel. Why did Penderson approach Jacob?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the emotional and physical conflicts presented in Chapter Six. How does this chapter mark the beginning of the climax of the novel?
This section contains 942 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)