|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jacob Mitchell lives above what establishment?
2. Hank tells Lou they aren't going to divide the money until what season in Chapter Six?
3. While discussing what to do with the money in Chapter One, Hank concludes that to take it would be _______.
4. Where does Hank stuff the money in the plane in Chapter Three?
5. Hank reminds Jacob that he's responsible for whose actions in Chapter Four?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jacob cry in Chapter Three? What argument ensues between Jacob and Hank?
2. Why does Jacob spend the night at Hank's in Chapter Five? What agreement does he come to with Hank?
3. What does Hank discover about Penderson when he returns to the car in Chapter Three?
4. What argument does Hank, Lou and Jacob each make for what to do with the money in Chapter One?
5. Why does Hank call Jacob in the morning of Chapter Three?
6. What does Jacob ask Hank and Carl when he emerges from the truck in Chapter One?
7. Where does Hank find Sarah in the morning of Chapter Three?
8. When does Sarah return home from the hospital in Chapter Five? What does Jacob bring?
9. How do Hank and Jacob effectively set Lou up in Chapter Six?
10. Where do Lou, Hank, and Jacob go in Chapter Six? What does Lou reveal about his debts?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define and discuss the element of theme in literature. How is the theme of trust established in Chapter One?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the plot development of Alice McMartin, Vernon Bokovsky, and Stephen Bokovsky in the narrative. How does Sarah's discovery change their objectives and actions?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the character of Jacob in the narrative. How much older is Jacob than Hank? What is their relationship like?
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)