|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the older of two brothers who kidnapped and killed a girl described in the newspaper in Chapter Eight?
(a) Malcolm Bokovsky.
(b) Stephen Bokovsky.
(c) Vernon Bokovsky.
(d) David Bokovsky.
2. How much time does Hank have before the liquor store closes in Chapter Eleven?
(a) 20 minutes.
(b) 45 minutes.
(c) An hour.
(d) 2 hours.
3. In Chapter Ten, Hank arrives early at Carl's office and tells him that he has to go where before going out to the place?
(a) The police station.
(b) His office.
(d) The store.
4. Whom did Vernon Bokovsky kidnap and murder?
(a) Heidi Benton.
(b) Alice McMartin.
(c) Sophie Marvin.
(d) Marsha Holmes.
5. What FBI Agent does Hank meet in Chapter Nine?
(a) Agent Neal Baxter.
(b) Agent Paul Boyers.
(c) Agent John Bernard.
(d) Agent Mark Botwin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tool does Hank discover inside a trunk in Chapter Eight?
2. What had been recovered after the ransom was paid, according to the articles in Chapter Eight?
3. What is the name of the store where Sarah spent one of the bills in Chapter Eleven?
4. How many funerals does Hank attend in Chapter Eight?
5. Who states that the kidnapping made sense but that the FBI Agent's story does not in Chapter Nine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hank do in order to decide whether to go with Carl and Agent Baxter in Chapter Ten?
2. What do the FBI agents respond after hearing Hank's statement in Chapter Eleven?
3. What excuse does Hank give Carl for not accompanying him in Chapter Ten? How does he feel about it?
4. What does Hank attempt to justify to Sarah in Chapter Seven?
5. What is Sarah's response to the story told by Agent Baxter in Chapter Nine?
6. What is Sarah's belief about Jacob in Chapter Seven? What happens to him?
7. Where does Hank go with Sheriff McKellroy and Collins after the station in Chapter Eleven? Why?
8. Whose funerals does Hank attend in Chapter Eight? What stories emerge?
9. What does Hank say he'll have to do if he goes to the plane in Chapter Nine? What is Sarah's response?
10. What mode of action does Hank begin to question in Chapter Nine at night?
This section contains 988 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)