|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had been recovered after the ransom was paid, according to the articles in Chapter Eight?
(a) Alice's body.
(b) Alice's clothes.
(c) Alice's jewelry.
(d) The plane.
2. What do Hank and Sarah do with the money in Chapter Twelve?
(a) Spend it all.
(b) Burn it.
(c) Donate it to charity.
(d) Scatter it in the street.
3. In Chapter Seven, Sarah says that if Jacob recovers, both she and Hank will _____.
(a) Have less money.
(b) Need to commit suicide.
(c) Go to jail.
(d) Have to kill him.
4. How old was the girl who had been kidnapped in the newspaper articles in Chapter Eight?
5. Where is the store where Sarah spent one of the bills in Chapter Eleven?
(a) On the same road as her home.
(b) Next to a used car lot.
(c) Near the airport.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the younger of the two brothers who had kidnapped and killed a girl described in the newspaper in Chapter Eight?
2. What does Hank do to help him decide whether to go with Carl and the FBI Agent in Chapter Ten?
3. Whose apartment does Hank go to in order to removing the belongings in Chapter Eight?
4. How long does Hank stay waiting at the police station in Chapter Eleven?
5. What is the name of the sheriff who calls Hank in Chapter Ten?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Hank distress while giving his statement to the FBI agents in Chapter Eleven?
2. Who found Carl's body? Where? Who tells Hank?
3. Why does Agent Baxter tell Hank he is investigating in the area in Chapter Nine?
4. What is Sarah's response to the story told by Agent Baxter in Chapter Nine?
5. What does Hank purchase for Sarah's birthday in Chapter Eight?
6. Where does Hank go with Sheriff McKellroy and Collins after the station in Chapter Eleven? Why?
7. How does Hank respond when Sarah asks if he would kill her for the money in Chapter Eight?
8. How does Hank attempt to trick Agent Baxter in Chapter Ten? What happens?
9. Whom is Hank asked to identify in Chapter Eleven?
10. What does Hank tell Sheriff McKellroy and Collins in Chapter Eleven?
This section contains 968 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)