|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had been recovered after the ransom was paid, according to the articles in Chapter Eight?
(a) Alice's clothes.
(b) The plane.
(c) Alice's jewelry.
(d) Alice's body.
2. To what does Hank sell Jacob's truck in Chapter Eight?
(a) A church.
(b) The feed store.
(c) A used car lot.
(d) A moving company.
3. In Chapter Ten, Hank arrives early at Carl's office and tells him that he has to go where before going out to the place?
(b) The police station.
(c) His office.
(d) The store.
4. How many funerals does Hank attend in Chapter Eight?
5. When had the armored car robbery taken place, according to the FBI Agent?
Short Answer Questions
1. The customer who arrives at the store as Hank is cleaning up in Chapter Twelve is wearing __________.
2. What FBI Agent does Hank meet in Chapter Nine?
3. Whom does Hank call after talking with Sarah on the phone in Chapter Eleven?
4. In the middle of the night in Chapter Nine, Hank briefly realizes that the simplest action for him now would be to do what?
5. What does Hank yell to the FBI Agent on his way out of Carl's office in Chapter Ten?
Short Essay Questions
1. What worries Hank about meeting with the "real" FBI agents in Chapter Eleven?
2. What are symbolic elements during the murder at Alexander's in Chapter Twelve?
3. What does Hank attempt to justify to Sarah in Chapter Seven?
4. Whom is Hank asked to identify in Chapter Eleven?
5. What does Hank discover from the FBI about the missing money in Chapter Eleven?
6. How does Hank meet Agent Baxter? What is his first impression of him?
7. What mode of action does Hank begin to question in Chapter Nine at night?
8. What excuse does Hank give Carl for not accompanying him in Chapter Ten? How does he feel about it?
9. What does Hank do in order to decide whether to go with Carl and Agent Baxter in Chapter Ten?
10. What is Sarah's response to the story told by Agent Baxter in Chapter Nine?
This section contains 1,006 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)