|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jacob Mitchell lives above what establishment?
(a) A bar.
(b) A hardware store.
(c) A police station.
(d) A barber shop.
2. Hank's parents were killed how long after he was married?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 3 years.
3. What does Jacob say he believes their parents did to escape their debts in Chapter Five?
(a) Ran away.
(b) Committed suicide.
(c) Changed their names.
(d) Declared bankruptcy.
4. Hank reminds Jacob that he's responsible for whose actions in Chapter Four?
(d) His own.
5. What is the name of Jacob's dog?
(d) Mary Beth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hank return to the bedroom when he goes to take a shower in Chapter Three?
2. What does Jacob's dog run in pursuit of in Chapter One?
3. What does Hank say he will do if there's any indication that he's going to be caught as an accomplice to the theft they've committed in Chapter Two?
4. Who comes downstairs and tries to convince Lou to put away his gun in Chapter Six?
5. Where do Hank, Lou, and Jacob go after leaving the bar in Chapter Six?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Sarah's motivations begin to evolve in Chapter Four? What does this indicate?
2. What does Hank find inside the crashed plane in Chapter One?
3. When and how did Hank's parents die?
4. Why does Jacob cry in Chapter Three? What argument ensues between Jacob and Hank?
5. When does Sarah return home from the hospital in Chapter Five? What does Jacob bring?
6. What plan does Sarah develop for Lou in Chapter Five? Why?
7. Who attempts to stop the violent argument in Chapter Six? What happens?
8. Where does Hank stow some of the money in Chapter Three? How does he hide the fact from Jacob?
9. What does Hank resolve to do if he is threatened with being caught in Chapter One? How much money is in the bag?
10. Where do Lou, Hank, and Jacob go in Chapter Six? What does Lou reveal about his debts?
This section contains 1,015 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)