|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Hank tell Carl he was heading in Chapter Two?
(a) The grocery store.
(b) The bank.
(c) The doctor.
(d) The cemetery.
2. What does Hank bring with him from the plane in Chapter One?
(a) A wallet.
(b) A duffel bag.
(c) A suitcase.
(d) A paper bag.
3. What does Jacob crash into in Chapter One?
(a) A pedestrian.
(b) A parked car.
(c) A snowbank.
(d) A tree.
4. What beverage do Hank and Jacob overindulge on in Chapter Five?
5. How long is the hike back to Hank's truck in Chapter Two?
(a) 2 miles.
(b) 1/2 mile.
(c) 3 miles.
(d) 1 mile.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long has Carl been the town's police officer?
2. What does Jacob tell Hank he intends to buy in Chapter Four?
3. Where does Hank stuff the money in the plane in Chapter Three?
4. How were Hank's parents killed?
5. Whom does Hank call to say that they have to return to the plane to be certain they didn't overlook anything in Chapter Three?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Sarah's motivations begin to evolve in Chapter Four? What does this indicate?
2. What does Hank find inside the crashed plane in Chapter One?
3. What does Jacob ask Hank and Carl when he emerges from the truck in Chapter One?
4. Why does Jacob cry in Chapter Three? What argument ensues between Jacob and Hank?
5. What does Hank discover about Penderson when he returns to the car in Chapter Three?
6. When and how did Hank's parents die?
7. Where does Jacob Mitchell live? Why does he meet with Hank in the beginning of Chapter One?
8. What do Hank, Lou, and Jacob question about the money from the plane after finding it in Chapter One?
9. What recollection of his parents does Hank have in the beginning of Chapter Three?
10. Why does Hank call Jacob in the morning of Chapter Three?
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)