|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the officer who takes Hank's statement in Chapter Eleven?
2. What had been recovered after the ransom was paid, according to the articles in Chapter Eight?
(a) The plane.
(b) Alice's clothes.
(c) Alice's body.
(d) Alice's jewelry.
3. How much money does Hank take for the gun in Chapter Eight?
4. The story emerges that who had been belligerent on the night of the murders in Chapter Eight?
5. Who suspected Nancy had been having an affair in Chapter Eight?
(d) A coworker.
6. How old was the girl who had been kidnapped in the newspaper articles in Chapter Eight?
7. When does Hank plan on meeting Carl and the FBI Agent the next day in Chapter Nine?
(a) 9 a.m.
(b) 6 p.m.
(c) 12 p.m.
(d) 10 a.m.
8. What is the name of the county whose sheriff calls Hank in Chapter Ten?
(a) Freemont County.
(b) Fulton County.
(c) Ferris County.
(d) Forest County.
9. Why does Hank tell Carl he has to go home in Chapter Ten?
(a) Amanda is sick.
(b) He has a fever.
(c) He is expecting company.
(d) His dog died.
10. What does Hank do to the customer who arrives as he's trying to clean up and leave the store in Chapter Twelve?
(a) Knocks her out.
(b) Locks her in a cooler.
(c) Ties her up.
(d) Kills her.
11. What does Hank take from the trunk in his car before entering the store in Chapter Twelve?
(a) His wallet.
(b) A backpack.
(c) A machete.
(d) A gun.
12. Who had found Carl's body in Chapter Eleven?
(a) Carl's son.
(b) Carl's wife.
(c) Carl's brother.
(d) Carl's sister.
13. How does Sarah feel about the FBI Agent's being killed in Chapter Eleven?
14. To what does Hank sell Jacob's truck in Chapter Eight?
(a) The feed store.
(b) A church.
(c) A used car lot.
(d) A moving company.
15. What is the name of the store where Sarah spent one of the bills in Chapter Eleven?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Carl ask Hank to come on the phone in Chapter Nine?
2. Whom does Hank call after talking with Sarah on the phone in Chapter Eleven?
3. Where does Jacob undergo surgery in Chapter Seven?
4. What happened to the pilot's face in the airplane, according to Hank in Chapter Eight?
5. Hank admits the FBI Agent might be __________after reviewing the newspaper clippings in Chapter Nine.
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)