|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hank tell Carl he has to go home in Chapter Ten?
(a) His dog died.
(b) Amanda is sick.
(c) He has a fever.
(d) He is expecting company.
2. The customer who arrives at the store as Hank is cleaning up in Chapter Twelve is wearing __________.
(a) A leather jacket.
(c) An army uniform.
(d) A fur coat.
3. How much money does Hank take for the gun in Chapter Eight?
4. Where does Carl want Hank to take him and the FBI Agent in Chapter Nine?
(a) His favorite fishing spot.
(b) Where he heard the plane crash.
(c) Where he last saw Carl.
(d) Where he last saw Lou.
5. Whom does Hank call after talking with Sarah on the phone in Chapter Eleven?
(a) The CIA.
(b) The FBI.
6. What is the name of the officer who takes Hank's statement in Chapter Eleven?
7. What does Hank ask to borrow from Carl in Chapter Ten?
(a) A chainsaw.
(b) A gun.
(c) A ladder.
(d) His car.
8. How much does Hank bid for a condo in Chapter Eight?
9. How old is the woman who arrives at the store when Hank is trying to clean up in Chapter Twelve?
10. How much does Carl offer Hank for a gun in Chapter Eight?
11. Who is the older of two brothers who kidnapped and killed a girl described in the newspaper in Chapter Eight?
(a) Vernon Bokovsky.
(b) Malcolm Bokovsky.
(c) David Bokovsky.
(d) Stephen Bokovsky.
12. How many people were killed in the house during the kidnapping described in the newspaper in Chapter Eight?
13. What does the store clerk grab for protection in Chapter Twelve?
(a) A corkscrew.
(b) A shotgun.
(c) A knife.
(d) A wine bottle.
14. The kidnappers from the news articles in Chapter Eight disguised themselves as ___________.
(b) Police officers.
(c) Jazz musicians.
15. Where does Hank tell the police on the phone he is from in Chapter Eleven?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does the FBI Agent in Chapter Eleven tell Hank the kidnappers demanded?
2. Who did Baxter turn out to be in Chapter Eleven?
3. What does Hank do to help him decide whether to go with Carl and the FBI Agent in Chapter Ten?
4. Hank admits the FBI Agent might be __________after reviewing the newspaper clippings in Chapter Nine.
5. What does Carl ask Hank if he'd sell him in Chapter Eight?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)