|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jacob's dog run in pursuit of in Chapter One?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A cat.
(c) A deer.
(d) A fox.
2. Hank reminds Jacob that he's responsible for whose actions in Chapter Four?
(d) His own.
3. Who strikes the man on the snowmobile in Chapter Three?
4. Sarah and the baby come home how many days after childbirth in Chapter Five?
5. What is the name of Jacob's dog?
(d) Mary Beth.
6. When Hank returns to the car, whom does he see on a snowmobile in Chapter Three?
(a) Dwight Penderson.
(b) Danny Thompson.
(c) Donald Smith.
(d) David Rodgers.
7. Who kills Nancy in Chapter Six?
8. Where did Hank attend college?
(a) University of Ohio.
(b) Cincinnati University.
(c) University of Columbus.
(d) University of Toledo.
9. Who suggests that Hank should get Lou to confess to Penderson's murder in Chapter Five?
10. Who shoots Jacob in Chapter Six?
11. Jacob Mitchell lives above what establishment?
(a) A police station.
(b) A hardware store.
(c) A barber shop.
(d) A bar.
12. What does Hank find his wife doing when he returns to the bedroom in Chapter Three?
(b) Staring at him.
(d) Counting the money.
13. Why does Hank awaken and realize their tracks will be covered in Chapter Three?
(a) The trees were dropping leaves.
(b) The wind is blowing hard.
(c) It is raining.
(d) It snowed overnight.
14. Who comes downstairs and tries to convince Lou to put away his gun in Chapter Six?
15. How many bullets does Jacob put into his rifle in Chapter One?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Hank and Jacob go together in Chapter Five?
2. What is the name of Hank's baby in Chapter Five?
3. How many people are shot in Chapter Six?
4. What is the predominant breed of Jacob's dog?
5. Why does Hank return to the bedroom when he goes to take a shower in Chapter Three?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)