|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sarah suggest they do with the money in Chapter Four?
(a) Bury it.
(b) Burn it.
(c) Invest it.
(d) Spend it.
2. What was the man on the snowmobile searching for in Chapter Three?
(a) Another trail.
(b) The fox.
(d) A stream.
3. Where does Hank go to turn off the lights in the end of Chapter Six?
4. Lou threatens to tell the police about ________ if Hank doesn't give him his share of the money in Chapter Four.
(a) The plane.
(b) The money.
(c) Penderson's murder.
(d) A past crime.
5. What does Hank purchase in order to carry out his plans for Lou in Chapter Five?
(a) A tape recorder.
(b) A gun.
6. To whom had Hank's father given his pickup truck before he died?
7. Whom does Hank call from Lou's house in Chapter Six?
8. Who comes downstairs and tries to convince Lou to put away his gun in Chapter Six?
9. What board game do Hank and Jacob play in Chapter Five?
(d) Trivial Pursuit.
10. What does Sarah suggest they use while playing a board game in Chapter Five?
(b) Poker chips.
(c) Their imaginations.
(d) Real money.
11. For how long has Carl been the town's police officer?
(a) 33 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 12 years.
(d) 40 years.
12. Where is Penderson buried in Chapter Four?
(a) St. Jude's Episcopal Church.
(b) A veterans cemetary.
(c) The city cemetary.
(d) An elegant mausoleum.
13. Hank reminds Jacob that he's responsible for whose actions in Chapter Four?
(b) His own.
14. Where did Hank attend college?
(a) University of Columbus.
(b) University of Ohio.
(c) University of Toledo.
(d) Cincinnati University.
15. What gift does Jacob bring Sarah and the baby in Chapter Five?
(a) A teddy bear.
(c) A ball.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Hank estimate to be in the bag in Chapter One?
2. Whose savings does Lou say he's spent in Chapter Six?
3. What song does Jacob's gift to Sarah and the baby play in Chapter Five?
4. Who does Hank say murdered Penderson in Chapter Four?
5. What does Jacob say he believes their parents did to escape their debts in Chapter Five?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)