|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jacob crash into in Chapter One?
(a) A tree.
(b) A parked car.
(c) A snowbank.
(d) A pedestrian.
2. Why does Hank awaken and realize their tracks will be covered in Chapter Three?
(a) It snowed overnight.
(b) The trees were dropping leaves.
(c) The wind is blowing hard.
(d) It is raining.
3. Who kills Lou in Chapter Six?
4. How much money does Jacob ask to borrow for his rent in Chapter Five?
5. Who comes downstairs and tries to convince Lou to put away his gun in Chapter Six?
6. Hank's parents were killed how long after he was married?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 1 month.
7. When Hank returns to the car, whom does he see on a snowmobile in Chapter Three?
(a) Danny Thompson.
(b) Donald Smith.
(c) David Rodgers.
(d) Dwight Penderson.
8. Who is Lou's landlord?
(a) Sonny Major.
(b) Sonny Connor.
(c) Sonny Robins.
(d) Sonny Winters.
9. Where does Hank tell Carl he was heading in Chapter Two?
(a) The bank.
(b) The grocery store.
(c) The cemetery.
(d) The doctor.
10. Where does Jacob Mitchell live?
(a) Akron, Ohio.
(b) Ashenville, Ohio.
(c) Columbus Ohio.
(d) Cincinnati, Ohio.
11. Hank decides to stage a scene with ___________ and Nancy in bed in Chapter Six.
12. Whom does Jacob suggest that he and Hank tell about Penderson in Chapter Three?
13. Whom does Hank call from Lou's house in Chapter Six?
14. What does Hank smother Penderson with in Chapter Three?
(a) His jacket.
(b) A hat.
(c) His scarf.
(d) A pillow.
15. For how long has Carl been the town's police officer?
(a) 12 years.
(b) 33 years.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 40 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jacob's dog run in pursuit of in Chapter One?
2. What was the man on the snowmobile searching for in Chapter Three?
3. What is the name of Jacob's dog?
4. What is Carl's last name?
5. Where does Hank go to turn off the lights in the end of Chapter Six?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)