|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people were tried for their actions in the New World by the Council of the Indies?
2. Which island did Juan Bono arrive on?
3. In what year did the expeditions to the river Plate take place?
4. The province of Cartagena was located down the coast of what?
5. What was the topic of this letter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who was Beltran Nuno de Guzman? What positions did he serve in? Why did he flee from Mexico City? How did he treat the natives that he encountered? Give at least three specific examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What role did gold play in the events in the New World? Why did the Spanish want to obtain gold? What actions did this lead to in the New World?
Essay Topic 3
How did the Spanish treat the natives in the New World? Give at least three specific examples from the book to back up your answer. Why did they treat them like this?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)