|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What topic did the Dominicans send a monk out to preach on?
2. A witness to the killing of King Atahualpa was from what Order?
3. What was Pizzarro's first act in the New World?
4. How was King Atahualpa killed?
5. What did the Spaniards burn on the king?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why did the Spanish enslave the native people? What tasks were the slaves made to do? What effect did the enslavement have on the native people and on their societies?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Pizzarro's conquest of Peru. Why was he in Peru? How did he treat the native people there? Give at least two specific examples to back up your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Who was Montezuma? What did the Spanish do to him and his people? Give specific examples from the book. Why did the Spanish do these things? How did Montezuma and his people react?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)