|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the Spanish go to Santa Marta?
2. The Province of Santa Marta is now known as what?
3. What was one of the deadliest jobs for the native slaves?
(a) Hauling goods for the Spanish
(b) Mining for Gold
(c) Harvesting wild grains
(d) Pearl fishing
4. In what year did de Soto arrive in the Mainland?
5. The Council of the Indies was more concerned about what than natives?
(b) Finding a passage through to Asia
Short Answer Questions
1. The natives were told that who betrayed them?
2. What kind of reports were the Spanish in the New World sending to Spain?
3. Who sent evidence of the atrocities to the Council of the Indies?
4. What did the people know in Santa Marta?
5. The power of Venezuela was given to which merchants?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)