|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The son of the chief in the Yucatan was sold for what?
(b) Two pieces of gold
(c) A horse
(d) Passage to Spain
2. What was de Soto's plan?
(a) To take over the New World
(b) To rob the natives of their wealth
(c) To kill as many natives as possible
(d) To escape into Canada
3. Who confronted Juan Bono?
(b) Fray Juan Fernandez
(c) The King of Spain
(d) De las Casas
4. The Province of Santa Marta is now known as what?
5. Brother Marcos felt that the Spanish actions were what?
(b) An offense to God
(c) An illustration of Spanish dominance
Short Answer Questions
1. De las Casas said that the longer men are in the New World, what happens?
2. How many people were driven out of Venezuela?
3. In what year did the expeditions to the river Plate take place?
4. What was the topic of this letter?
5. De las Casas says that no one should doubt the kindness of whom?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)