|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. De las Casas believed that the truth would make the reader what?
(a) More angry
(b) Less surprised
(c) More sad
(d) More compassionate
2. In what years were the people of Cartagena killed?
3. What did they want to trade the natives for?
(a) Stolen idols
(b) Other natives
(c) Wild dogs
(d) Gold coins
4. What was one of the deadliest jobs for the native slaves?
(a) Hauling goods for the Spanish
(b) Pearl fishing
(c) Mining for Gold
(d) Harvesting wild grains
5. When Pizzarro reached the coast, which island did he sail to?
(a) Puerto Rico
Short Answer Questions
1. The power of Venezuela was given to which merchants?
2. The natives were determined to kill whom after their children were taken?
3. De las Casas says that no one should doubt the kindness of whom?
4. De las Casas said that the longer men are in the New World, what happens?
5. A Spanish commander's actions were reported to whom?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)