|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The power of Venezuela was given to which merchants?
2. The son of the chief in the Yucatan was sold for what?
(a) A horse
(c) Two pieces of gold
(d) Passage to Spain
3. What was one of the deadliest jobs for the native slaves?
(a) Pearl fishing
(b) Hauling goods for the Spanish
(c) Harvesting wild grains
(d) Mining for Gold
4. How many people were driven out of Venezuela?
(a) 80 to 90 thousand
(b) 3 to 5 hundred
(c) 6 to 7 thousand
(d) 4 to 5 million
5. The province of Cartagena was located down the coast of what?
(b) Santa Marta
(c) Santa Clara
Short Answer Questions
1. Who led the conquest of the Yucatan?
2. What injury did the pearl fishers develop?
3. What did the natives hand over to the Friars?
4. What was Pizzarro's first act in the New World?
5. Brother Marcos said that the Peruvians where what?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)