|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hatuey fled from Hispaniola to where?
(a) Puerto Rico
2. When did Queen Isabella of Spain die?
3. When did the Spaniards arrive on Puerto Rico and Jamaica?
4. Where were the slaves sent?
(a) Panama and Peru
(b) Spain and France
(c) Columbia and England
(d) Cuba and Bahamas
5. What did the Spanish want that the Guatemalans didn't have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Spanish do to the women and girls?
2. Which kingdom was considered the heart and soul of the island?
3. Guzman bartered eighty natives for what?
4. When did the soldiers try to escape from the natives?
5. The area experienced a shortage of what food?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Guzman head inland? What did he do to the leader of the Michoacans?
2. Where did the Spaniards first land in the Indies? What happened in this first encounter?
3. Why did some of the natives lose faith in the Dominicans? What did they do? How did the Dominicans feel about this?
4. Why did de las Casas write his book? What did he hope to accomplish?
5. What was the kingdom of Xaragua like? Who led this kingdom?
6. How did the Spanish kill the native people in Cuba? What did some of the native people do to avoid the torture and brutal killings?
7. What did Pizzarro do in Tumba to the natives? Give specific details from the book.
8. Who was de las Casas? What was his reason for being in the New World?
9. Who led the conquest in Yucatan? How did he secure this position? What did he do in the conquest?
10. Who was Paris? How did the encounter go between his territory and the Spanish? What happened afterward?
This section contains 923 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)