|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was King Guarionex sent?
(d) New Spain
2. The area experienced a shortage of what food?
3. What did the Spanish in Cuzcatlan make the slaves eat?
(a) The prisoners that they took
(b) Horse meat
(c) Poison mushrooms
(d) Wild grasses
4. Who was the strongest of all the kings?
5. Which group was rounded up first for the Spanish?
(a) Young women
(c) Young men
(d) The Elderly
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children died while De Las Casas was in Cuba?
2. About how many Spaniards did Paris and his men kill?
3. What did Hatuey call the God of the Spaniards?
4. About how many natives were killed in the Spanish search for gold?
5. Why did the native people take up arms?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Paris? How did the encounter go between his territory and the Spanish? What happened afterward?
2. How did Avila treat the people in Nicaragua? Give specific examples from the book.
3. Who was de las Casas? What was his reason for being in the New World?
4. What did Pizzarro do in Tumba to the natives? Give specific details from the book.
5. Where was the province of Cartagena located? What happened in this province when the Spanish arrived?
6. What was the purpose of the expeditions? Was this purpose accomplished? Why or why not?
7. What did the Germans do to the prisoners that they took? Give specific examples from the book.
8. What did Hatuey tell his people? What happened to Hatuey?
9. How did the Guatemalans fight back against the Spanish? Were they successful? Why or why not?
10. How did the Spaniards treat the native people that they encountered? Give examples from the book.
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)