|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hatuey fled from Hispaniola to where?
(b) Puerto Rico
2. What did the Spanish do to the villages?
(a) Praised them
(b) Burned them
(c) Built them up
(d) Moved them to the mountains
3. Avila established a system of licenses where the Spanish could demand what?
4. What post did Guzman hold?
(a) Governor of Mexico City
(b) Governor of Panama
(c) Admiral of Honduras
(d) Mayor of Utatlan
5. The lord named Paris lived close to where?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Guzman flee inland?
2. What resource did the Spanish begin using up?
3. What was the main Spanish policy toward the New World?
4. When did Queen Isabella of Spain die?
5. The Spaniards said that they did everything in whose name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did the Spaniards first land in the Indies? What happened in this first encounter?
2. What did Hatuey tell his people? What happened to Hatuey?
3. Did the peace last in the village? Why or why not?
4. What did the Spanish gain in the New World? How did they gain what they did?
5. Why were German merchants given control of the slave trade in Venezuela? What effect did this have?
6. What was the kingdom of Xaragua like? Who led this kingdom?
7. How did Avila treat the people in Nicaragua? Give specific examples from the book.
8. What happened to the natives that first escaped the Spaniards? What did the Spaniards do when the natives killed one of the soldiers?
9. What happened between Pizzarro and King Atahualpa? How was Atahualpa killed?
10. What were the Friars worried about? What did they do in response to this worry?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)