|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The son of the chief in the Yucatan was sold for what?
(b) Passage to Spain
(c) A horse
(d) Two pieces of gold
2. What did the natives hand over to the Friars?
(a) Their first born sons
(b) Their idols
(c) Their gold
(d) Their medicine
3. Who was the first adventurer to lay eyes on New Granada?
(d) De Soto
4. Who confronted Juan Bono?
(b) The King of Spain
(c) De las Casas
(d) Fray Juan Fernandez
5. A witness to the killing of King Atahualpa was from what Order?
(a) Saint Joseph
(b) Saint Francis
(c) Saint Michael
(d) Saint Peter
6. Who did Angulo say were unworthy to be called Christians?
(a) Spanish soldiers
(b) Santa Marta natives
(c) The King and Queen
(d) Cuba natives
7. De las Casas says that the Spaniards never did what in the New World?
(a) Loved the New World
(b) Obeyed the King
(c) Preached the Christian faith
(d) Spared the natives
8. Why did de Soto kill the natives?
(a) To strike fear in the hearts of other natives
(b) They attacked him
(c) They failed to obey him fast enough
(d) He liked killing natives
9. What was the punishment for murder in Spain?
(b) Burning at the stake
10. Who did Brother Marcos de Niza write to?
(a) The Audiencia of Hispaniola
(b) Francisco Pizzarro
(c) The King of Spain
(d) The Council of the New World
11. What happened to the chief who was taken hostage?
(a) He was sent to Spain
(b) He was dropped off a cliff
(c) He was sold as a slave
(d) He was killed in front of his people
12. What action was taken because of Brother Marcos' letter?
(a) No action was taken
(b) Pizzarro had to pay a small fine
(c) Pizzarro was called back to Spain
(d) The Spanish were ordered to leave Peru
13. What did Bono have the natives build?
(a) A house
(b) A church
(d) A cage for the slaves
14. What information did Quesada demand in Bogota?
(a) Who the heir was
(b) How to extract gold
(c) Which man was king
(d) Where the gold was hidden
15. How long did it take for all of the people to be killed?
(a) Three months
(b) Five years
(c) One year
(d) Two days
Short Answer Questions
1. The natives were determined to kill whom after their children were taken?
2. Fray Juan Fernandez de Angulo sent a letter to whom?
3. The German governor used the natives as what?
4. What injury did the pearl fishers develop?
5. How long did it take Pizzarro and his men to eat all of the food on the island?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)