|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fray Juan Fernandez de Angulo sent a letter to whom?
(a) Queen Isabella
(b) Hernan Cortes
(c) King of Spain
(d) Beltran Avila
2. Why did "mixed" babies fetch a higher price?
(a) They were more attractive
(b) They had Spanish blood
(c) They could become Spanish citizens
(d) They were smarter than other natives
3. In what year did the settlers travel inland from Santa Marta?
4. What did Quesada cut off the native people?
5. Why were the Friars forced to abandon the mission?
(a) They gave up their faith because of the injustices
(b) The soldiers remained
(c) The King told them to
(d) The Friars were all killed
6. Brother Marcos felt that the Spanish actions were what?
(a) An illustration of Spanish dominance
(d) An offense to God
7. How many people were tried for their actions in the New World by the Council of the Indies?
8. The river Yuyapari runs through which province?
9. The power of Venezuela was given to which merchants?
10. Hernando de Soto arrived in what part of the New World?
11. A witness to the killing of King Atahualpa was from what Order?
(a) Saint Joseph
(b) Saint Michael
(c) Saint Francis
(d) Saint Peter
12. Who was the first adventurer to lay eyes on New Granada?
(d) De Soto
13. How many Castilians did Pizzarro ransom King Atahualpa for?
(a) 15 million
(b) 50 million
(c) 25 million
(d) 1 million
14. What characteristic did Angulo want to see in a commander?
15. Who did the natives murder?
(a) The Spanish commander
(b) Two missionaries
(c) Several slaves of the Spanish
(d) The chief's wife
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did it take Pizzarro and his men to eat all of the food on the island?
2. De las Casas says that the Spaniards never did what in the New World?
3. What topic did the Dominicans send a monk out to preach on?
4. Which island did Juan Bono arrive on?
5. The natives were told that who betrayed them?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)