|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the Spanish go to Santa Marta?
2. What was de Soto's plan?
(a) To kill as many natives as possible
(b) To rob the natives of their wealth
(c) To escape into Canada
(d) To take over the New World
3. In what year did the expeditions to the river Plate take place?
4. The power of Venezuela was given to which merchants?
5. Where did Bono sail to with the slaves?
(d) Puerto Rico
6. Who did the Spaniards take captive?
(a) Chief Paria
(b) Chief Alonso
(c) Chief Paniola
(d) Chief Higueroto
7. A witness to the killing of King Atahualpa was from what Order?
(a) Saint Peter
(b) Saint Michael
(c) Saint Francis
(d) Saint Joseph
8. Brother Marcos felt that the Spanish actions were what?
(a) An offense to God
(d) An illustration of Spanish dominance
9. Who did not want the natives to think that Christians were evil?
(a) The Spanish soldiers
(b) The Friars
(c) Queen Isabella
(d) Hernan Cortes
10. What was one of the deadliest jobs for the native slaves?
(a) Hauling goods for the Spanish
(b) Harvesting wild grains
(c) Pearl fishing
(d) Mining for Gold
11. Who was the first adventurer to lay eyes on New Granada?
(d) De Soto
12. What information did Quesada demand in Bogota?
(a) How to extract gold
(b) Which man was king
(c) Who the heir was
(d) Where the gold was hidden
13. What did they want to trade the natives for?
(a) Gold coins
(b) Wild dogs
(c) Stolen idols
(d) Other natives
14. A Spanish commander's actions were reported to whom?
(a) Council of Castile
(b) Audiencia of Hispaniola
(c) Council of the Indies
(d) Royal Court
15. In what years were the people of Cartagena killed?
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the people like in Florida?
2. The natives were told that who betrayed them?
3. The Council of the Indies was more concerned about what than natives?
4. What did Quesada cut off the native people?
5. Who led the conquest of the Yucatan?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)