|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people were driven out of Venezuela?
(a) 4 to 5 million
(b) 80 to 90 thousand
(c) 6 to 7 thousand
(d) 3 to 5 hundred
2. Who confronted Juan Bono?
(a) The King of Spain
(c) De las Casas
(d) Fray Juan Fernandez
3. The Audiencia of Hispaniola decided it was in the best interest to continue what?
(a) Killing the natives
(b) Exploring the New World
(c) The slave trade
(d) Building ships
4. Where did the Spanish adventurer sail to with the natives that he captured?
(a) Mexico City
(c) Puerto Rico
5. Brother Marcos said that the Peruvians where what?
(a) The most afraid
(b) The dumbest
(c) The trickiest
(d) The nicest
6. When Pizzarro reached the coast, which island did he sail to?
(d) Puerto Rico
7. What happened to the chief who was taken hostage?
(a) He was dropped off a cliff
(b) He was sold as a slave
(c) He was killed in front of his people
(d) He was sent to Spain
8. What is known about the expeditions to the river Plate?
(a) Five expeditions were lost before one succeeded
(b) De Soto died during one
(c) The natives conquered the Spanish at last
(d) The Spanish continued their brutal ways
9. De las Casas says that the native died without what?
(a) The Sacraments
(d) Knowledge of Spain
10. The Province of Santa Marta is now known as what?
11. Brother Marcos felt that the Spanish actions were what?
(a) An offense to God
(b) An illustration of Spanish dominance
12. What did Bono have the natives build?
(b) A cage for the slaves
(c) A house
(d) A church
13. Pizzarro told the people of Tumba that he was going to make them members of what?
(a) A club of death
(b) The Spanish Crown
(c) His troop of soldiers
(d) The Council of the Indies
14. A Spanish commander's actions were reported to whom?
(a) Council of Castile
(b) Audiencia of Hispaniola
(c) Royal Court
(d) Council of the Indies
15. Francisco Pizzarro journeyed to where?
Short Answer Questions
1. The river Yuyapari runs through which province?
2. Why did the Spanish go to Santa Marta?
3. How many years had the atrocities been going on when de las Casas wrote the book?
4. Who was king of New Granada?
5. What were the people like in Florida?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)