|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was killed when the boat he was on was caught in a storm?
2. Who was the strongest of all the kings?
3. What did the Spaniards make the captives eat?
(b) Wild chickens
(d) Wild grasses
4. The Spanish found that the gold in Cuzcatlan was mainly what?
5. What did the Spanish do to the nobles and leaders?
(a) Shot them
(b) Stoned them
(c) Hung them
(d) Burned them
6. Where were the highest citizens placed during the event?
(a) In the church
(b) Farthest from Montezuma
(c) On the highest hill in town
(d) Nearest Montezuma
7. Why was A Short Account of the Destruction of the Indies written?
(a) To let the Spanish government know about the glorious acts of its citizens in the New World
(b) To inform the King of Spain of the murder and gold hoarding that was taking place in the New World
(c) To analyze the social problems that had developed in the New World
(d) To record the history of Spain in the New World
8. Which kingdom was considered the heart and soul of the island?
9. Which group was rounded up first for the Spanish?
(a) Young men
(b) Young women
(d) The Elderly
10. What did the Spanish do with the children of the native people?
(a) Took them to Africa
(b) Sacrificed them
(c) Used them as servants
(d) Played with them
11. What did Hatuey ask the friar when the friar tried to convert him?
(a) If Spaniards were in heaven
(b) If his family could go to heaven to
(c) Whether God would save him
(d) When he would die
12. What did the captives begin dying of?
13. How many people did the Spanish kill around Mexico City?
14. What did Hatuey call the God of the Spaniards?
(d) The Queen
15. In 1511, the Spaniards landed where?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which kingdom had the best sugar and climate?
2. Who arrived in New Spain in 1525?
3. Where did some of the native people try to escape to?
4. When did the soldiers try to escape from the natives?
5. Avila sent about how many horsemen to kill off a region of people?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)