|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people did the Spaniards kill on the day they decided to go on a killing spree?
2. When the natives did not obey the claims of the Spanish, they were labeled what?
3. Where did Avila go in 1522 or 1523?
4. What advantage did the Spaniards have over the native people?
(a) Knowledge of the land
(d) More people
5. Why did the native people take up arms?
(a) A Spanish commander raped the chief's wife
(b) They ran out of food
(c) The Spanish took over their homes
(d) The Spanish threatened to leave
6. Who arrived in New Spain in 1525?
(a) Alexandre de Pizzarro
(b) Beltran Nuno de Guzman
(c) Antonio Christopher Bellan
(d) Ferdinand de las Gracia
7. What did the captives begin dying of?
8. Why did the Spanish not abide by the rules?
(c) Their aggressive natures
(d) The attack by the native people
9. Which kingdom had the best sugar and climate?
10. Avila sent about how many horsemen to kill off a region of people?
11. The troop of Spanish soldiers took about how many women and girls?
12. In 1511, the Spaniards landed where?
13. The area experienced a shortage of what food?
14. What did the Spaniards make the captives eat?
(a) Wild grasses
(b) Wild chickens
15. Hatuey fled from Hispaniola to where?
(c) Puerto Rico
Short Answer Questions
1. On one occasion, 4000 natives carried loads. How many survived the ordeal?
2. What did the Spanish gain from killing Paris and his people?
3. When did the Spaniards arrive on Puerto Rico and Jamaica?
4. What did the executioner do to quiet the screams?
5. About how many natives died of hunger in Nicaragua?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)