|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tried to intervene when the Spanish captured Hatuey?
(a) A Spanish commander
(b) A Franciscan Friar
(c) His wife
(d) Queen Isabella
2. Hatuey fled from Hispaniola to where?
(a) Puerto Rico
3. What did the natives have to carry?
(a) Chests of gold
(c) The Spanish
4. On one occasion, 4000 natives carried loads. How many survived the ordeal?
5. How many people did the Spaniards kill on the day they decided to go on a killing spree?
6. King Guarionex had everyone send what to the King and Queen?
(a) A gourd full of gold
(b) Five diamonds
(c) Ten horses
(d) Their first born sons
7. Who fled to the mountains to hide from the Spanish?
(a) The children
(b) The women
(c) The orphans
(d) The lords
8. Who was killed when the boat he was on was caught in a storm?
9. About how many Spaniards did Paris and his men kill?
10. What did the Spanish do to the nobles and leaders?
(a) Shot them
(b) Hung them
(c) Stoned them
(d) Burned them
11. What advantage did the Spaniards have over the native people?
(a) More people
(b) Knowledge of the land
12. Why did Guzman flee inland?
(a) A new Audiencia had been appointed
(b) He heard of a gold find
(c) His soldiers staged a mutiny
(d) He feared the natives
13. About how many natives died of hunger in Nicaragua?
14. Once removed from the region, what did the slaves die from?
(a) Stoning and burning
(b) Stabbing and starvation
(c) Malaria and boredom
(d) Overwork and sadness
15. When did the Spaniards arrive on Puerto Rico and Jamaica?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Spanish force Montezuma to tell the citizens?
2. Who arrived in New Spain in 1525?
3. What happened to Hatuey?
4. What made it hard for the natives to run away?
5. What happened if the natives obeyed the Spanish?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)