|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Spanish want that the Guatemalans didn't have?
2. Who did their best to bring justice to the land?
(a) Christian missionaries
(b) The King and Queen
(c) Spanish commanders
(d) Spanish sailors
3. The troop of Spanish soldiers took about how many women and girls?
4. Who arrived in New Spain in 1525?
(a) Ferdinand de las Gracia
(b) Beltran Nuno de Guzman
(c) Antonio Christopher Bellan
(d) Alexandre de Pizzarro
5. When did the soldiers try to escape from the natives?
(d) The middle of the night
6. What was the main Spanish policy toward the New World?
(a) To exploit the resources in the New World
(b) To kill the natives
(c) To convert and save the natives
(d) To gain as much money as possible
7. What did the Spanish force Montezuma to tell the citizens?
(a) To give the Spanish all their belongings
(b) To covert to Christianity
(c) To kill themselves
(d) To stop fighting
8. About how many natives died of hunger in Nicaragua?
9. Only a small percentage of what was given to the Spanish purse?
10. The Spanish found that the gold in Cuzcatlan was mainly what?
11. Guzman bartered eighty natives for what?
(a) A ship
(b) A chest of gold
(c) Land in Florida
(d) A horse
12. How many people remained on the two islands when the Spaniards were done killing the natives?
13. Where did Avila go in 1522 or 1523?
14. Pedro Arias de Avila arrived in what year?
15. Which kingdom was considered the heart and soul of the island?
Short Answer Questions
1. On one occasion, 4000 natives carried loads. How many survived the ordeal?
2. Where were the slaves sent?
3. What did Avila and the Spaniards do when they arrived?
4. Who was the strongest of all the kings?
5. What was the original purpose of the expedition?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)