1. Why was A Short Account of the Destruction of the Indies written?
To inform the King of Spain of the murder and gold hoarding that was taking place in the New World
2. What was the original purpose of the expedition?
Convert the native people to Christianity
3. Only a small percentage of what was given to the Spanish purse?
4. Which Christian missionary was present?
De Las Casas
5. What was the first territory on which the Spanish landed?
Island of Hispaniola
This section contains 3,422 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)