|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 & 18 The Mainland in the Region known as Florida & The River Plate.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Spaniards make the captives eat?
(b) Wild grasses
(c) Wild chickens
2. Who did their best to bring justice to the land?
(a) Spanish sailors
(b) The King and Queen
(c) Spanish commanders
(d) Christian missionaries
3. Nicolas de Ovando asked the native people to do what at the festival they threw for him?
(a) Give him their gold
(b) Convert to Christianity
(c) Go into a straw hut
(d) Sacrifice their children
4. How long did it take for all of the people to be killed?
(a) Three months
(b) One year
(c) Five years
(d) Two days
5. What did the captives begin dying of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Avila and the Spaniards do when they arrived?
2. Pedro Arias de Avila arrived in what year?
3. Only a small percentage of what was given to the Spanish purse?
4. Why did the Spanish go to Santa Marta?
5. What post did Guzman hold?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)