|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 & 18 The Mainland in the Region known as Florida & The River Plate.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. King Guarionex had everyone send what to the King and Queen?
(a) A gourd full of gold
(b) Ten horses
(c) Five diamonds
(d) Their first born sons
2. The natives equated the word "Christian" with what?
3. Once removed from the region, what did the slaves die from?
(a) Overwork and sadness
(b) Stoning and burning
(c) Malaria and boredom
(d) Stabbing and starvation
4. Which kingdom had the best sugar and climate?
5. Who did not want the natives to think that Christians were evil?
(a) The Friars
(b) Queen Isabella
(c) Hernan Cortes
(d) The Spanish soldiers
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the people like in Florida?
2. Where did Avila go in 1522 or 1523?
3. When one Spanish commander couldn't sleep because of the screams, what did he ask the executioner to do?
4. When did Queen Isabella of Spain die?
5. Who did their best to bring justice to the land?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)