|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 & 18 The Mainland in the Region known as Florida & The River Plate.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Spaniards arrive on Puerto Rico and Jamaica?
2. The province of Cartagena was located down the coast of what?
(b) Santa Marta
(c) Santa Clara
3. What weapons did the natives use against the Spanish?
(a) Swords and horses
(b) Guns and cannons
(c) Holes in the road with sharpened stakes inside
(d) Fire as they burned the soldiers' quarters down
4. Who did the natives murder?
(a) Several slaves of the Spanish
(b) The Spanish commander
(c) Two missionaries
(d) The chief's wife
5. What did the natives hand over to the Friars?
(a) Their first born sons
(b) Their medicine
(c) Their gold
(d) Their idols
Short Answer Questions
1. De las Casas argued that the Spanish had lost what, which made it possible for them to commit the injustices that they did?
2. What was the largest city in the Kingdom of Guatemala?
3. What happened to the chief who was taken hostage?
4. What did the Spanish do to the women and girls?
5. Hatuey fled from Hispaniola to where?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)