|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14 The Pearl Coast, Paria, and Trinidad.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was one of the deadliest jobs for the native slaves?
(a) Pearl fishing
(b) Harvesting wild grains
(c) Mining for Gold
(d) Hauling goods for the Spanish
2. Who was the strongest of all the kings?
3. Who fled to the mountains to hide from the Spanish?
(a) The children
(b) The orphans
(c) The lords
(d) The women
4. What did the Spanish do to the leader of the Michoacan?
(a) Stoned him to death in the square
(b) Burned down his home while he was inside
(c) Impaled him on sharpened stakes
(d) Roasted his feet over a fire
5. What did the people know in Santa Marta?
(a) How to predict the future
(b) How to hide from the Spanish
(c) How to extract gold
(d) How to make guns
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Spanish do with the children of the native people?
2. Avila established a system of licenses where the Spanish could demand what?
3. The natives were determined to kill whom after their children were taken?
4. What did the Spanish do to the women and girls?
5. What did Bono have the natives build?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)