|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14 The Pearl Coast, Paria, and Trinidad.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. New Spain was founded in what year?
2. What resource did the Spanish begin using up?
3. What did Hatuey do with the gold?
(a) Threw it in the river
(b) Hid it in the mountains
(c) Paid off the Spaniards
(d) Buried it
4. Which group was rounded up first for the Spanish?
(a) Young women
(b) The Elderly
(d) Young men
5. The citizens of Mexico City were forced to do what before they were killed?
(c) Pledge loyalty to Spain
(d) Covert to Christianity
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children died while De Las Casas was in Cuba?
2. What characteristic did Angulo want to see in a commander?
3. When did Queen Isabella of Spain die?
4. Fray Juan Fernandez de Angulo sent a letter to whom?
5. Nicolas de Ovando was granted the title of governor in 1501 for which kingdom?
This section contains 149 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)