|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 & 8 New Spain & New Spain Continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Spaniards do to Queen Huguanama?
(a) Burned her
(b) Hanged her
(c) Shot her
(d) Stoned her
2. The natives were given the choice of converting to Christianity and swearing allegiance to Spain or what other choice?
(a) Be exiled to South America
(b) Leave their families
(c) Face military action
(d) Be burned at the stake
3. Which group was rounded up first for the Spanish?
(a) The Elderly
(c) Young men
(d) Young women
4. How many children died while De Las Casas was in Cuba?
5. How many people did the Spaniards kill on the day they decided to go on a killing spree?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was King Guarionex sent?
2. The Spanish said that for every one Spaniard who died, how many natives would be killed?
3. What did the Spanish send after the people who escaped to the mountains?
4. What resource did the Spanish begin using up?
5. What did Avila and the Spaniards do when they arrived?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)