|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 & 8 New Spain & New Spain Continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hatuey ask the friar when the friar tried to convert him?
(a) If his family could go to heaven to
(b) When he would die
(c) If Spaniards were in heaven
(d) Whether God would save him
2. The Spanish said that for every one Spaniard who died, how many natives would be killed?
3. Who was the king in Mexico City?
4. When did the soldiers try to escape from the natives?
(a) The middle of the night
5. What did Avila and the Spaniards do when they arrived?
(a) Redistributed the land among themselves
(b) Built churches for the natives
(c) Left the villagers alone
(d) Burned the villages and the crops
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the executioner do to quiet the screams?
2. Once removed from the region, what did the slaves die from?
3. How many people did the Spanish kill around Mexico City?
4. Which kingdom had the best sugar and climate?
5. What happened to Hatuey?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)