|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 The Mainland.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Hatuey?
(a) He was burned alive
(b) He was shot and killed
(c) He was released and exiled to Mexico
(d) He was drawn and quartered
2. The natives were given the choice of converting to Christianity and swearing allegiance to Spain or what other choice?
(a) Be burned at the stake
(b) Leave their families
(c) Face military action
(d) Be exiled to South America
3. The troop of Spanish soldiers took about how many women and girls?
4. What did the Spanish do to the nobles and leaders?
(a) Shot them
(b) Hung them
(c) Stoned them
(d) Burned them
5. What did Avila want to do with the area that he governed?
(a) Settle it with Spaniards
(b) Give it back to the natives
(c) Create his own kingdom
(d) Mine diamonds
Short Answer Questions
1. Pedro Arias de Avila arrived in what year?
2. Where was King Guarionex sent?
3. The Spaniards said that they did everything in whose name?
4. When did Queen Isabella of Spain die?
5. What did the Spanish gain from killing Paris and his people?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)