|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 The Kingdoms of Hispaniola.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the natives react to the Spanish when they landed?
(a) They tried to kill them
(b) They welcomed them
(c) They were scared
(d) They were hesitant about the encounter
2. Only a small percentage of what was given to the Spanish purse?
3. Nicolas de Ovando was granted the title of governor in 1501 for which kingdom?
4. Which kingdom was considered the heart and soul of the island?
5. Which kingdom had the best sugar and climate?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Spaniards said that they did everything in whose name?
2. When did Queen Isabella of Spain die?
3. Why did the Spanish not abide by the rules?
4. Which kingdom was run by a brother and sister?
5. Why did the native people take up arms?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)