|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 & 18 The Mainland in the Region known as Florida & The River Plate.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did they want to trade the natives for?
(a) Gold coins
(b) Stolen idols
(c) Wild dogs
(d) Other natives
2. King Guarionex had everyone send what to the King and Queen?
(a) Ten horses
(b) Five diamonds
(c) Their first born sons
(d) A gourd full of gold
3. The Audiencia of Hispaniola decided it was in the best interest to continue what?
(a) The slave trade
(b) Exploring the New World
(c) Killing the natives
(d) Building ships
4. Only a small percentage of what was given to the Spanish purse?
5. Who led the conquest of the Yucatan?
(a) Francisco de Montejo
(b) Ferdinand de la Cristano
(c) Beltran de Avila
(d) Hernan Cortes
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened if the natives obeyed the Spanish?
2. Who did not want the natives to think that Christians were evil?
3. Why did the native people take up arms?
4. The natives were told that who betrayed them?
5. Why did the Spanish not abide by the rules?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)