|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 & 18 The Mainland in the Region known as Florida & The River Plate.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was de Soto's plan?
(a) To rob the natives of their wealth
(b) To kill as many natives as possible
(c) To escape into Canada
(d) To take over the New World
2. Why did Guzman flee inland?
(a) His soldiers staged a mutiny
(b) A new Audiencia had been appointed
(c) He heard of a gold find
(d) He feared the natives
3. A Spanish commander's actions were reported to whom?
(a) Royal Court
(b) Audiencia of Hispaniola
(c) Council of Castile
(d) Council of the Indies
4. The son of the chief in the Yucatan was sold for what?
(a) A horse
(b) Passage to Spain
(c) Two pieces of gold
5. Fray Juan Fernandez de Angulo sent a letter to whom?
(a) Hernan Cortes
(b) Queen Isabella
(c) King of Spain
(d) Beltran Avila
Short Answer Questions
1. About how many natives were killed in the Spanish search for gold?
2. What weapons did the natives use against the Spanish?
3. About how many pounds were the slaves required to carry?
4. Nicolas de Ovando was granted the title of governor in 1501 for which kingdom?
5. Which Christian missionary was present?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)