|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 & 18 The Mainland in the Region known as Florida & The River Plate.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people did the Spanish kill around Mexico City?
2. What did the Spanish force Montezuma to tell the citizens?
(a) To stop fighting
(b) To covert to Christianity
(c) To give the Spanish all their belongings
(d) To kill themselves
3. Who sent evidence of the atrocities to the Council of the Indies?
(b) Spanish settlers
(d) German merchants
4. Guzman bartered eighty natives for what?
(a) Land in Florida
(b) A horse
(c) A chest of gold
(d) A ship
5. De Soto argued that what be cut from the survivors of his massacres?
Short Answer Questions
1. The power of Venezuela was given to which merchants?
2. The natives were determined to kill whom after their children were taken?
3. Why did the native people take up arms?
4. New Spain was founded in what year?
5. Which kingdom was run by a brother and sister?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)