|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 The Mainland.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About how many natives were killed in the Spanish search for gold?
2. The natives were given the choice of converting to Christianity and swearing allegiance to Spain or what other choice?
(a) Be exiled to South America
(b) Leave their families
(c) Face military action
(d) Be burned at the stake
3. What did Hatuey do with the gold?
(a) Threw it in the river
(b) Buried it
(c) Hid it in the mountains
(d) Paid off the Spaniards
4. How did the natives react to the Spanish when they landed?
(a) They were hesitant about the encounter
(b) They were scared
(c) They tried to kill them
(d) They welcomed them
5. How many children died while De Las Casas was in Cuba?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was King Guarionex sent?
2. Queen Isabella was a strong advocate of what?
3. What did the Spanish do to the nobles and leaders?
4. How many kingdoms were there in Hispaniola?
5. When did the Spaniards arrive on Puerto Rico and Jamaica?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)