|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 The Mainland.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Spaniards make the captives eat?
(b) Wild chickens
(c) Wild grasses
2. What did the Spanish do to the women and girls?
(a) Killed them with swords
(b) Banished them to Cuba
(c) Married them
(d) Sent them to Spain as slaves
3. Why did the Spanish not abide by the rules?
(b) The attack by the native people
(c) Their aggressive natures
4. How many people did the Spaniards kill on the day they decided to go on a killing spree?
5. Where was King Guarionex sent?
(c) New Spain
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children died while De Las Casas was in Cuba?
2. In 1511, the Spaniards landed where?
3. Which Christian missionary was present?
4. What did the executioner do to quiet the screams?
5. The Spanish said that for every one Spaniard who died, how many natives would be killed?
This section contains 159 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)