|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 The Kingdom of Yucatan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was King Guarionex sent?
(d) New Spain
2. What did the Spanish do to the villages?
(a) Built them up
(b) Moved them to the mountains
(c) Praised them
(d) Burned them
3. What was the main Spanish policy toward the New World?
(a) To gain as much money as possible
(b) To exploit the resources in the New World
(c) To kill the natives
(d) To convert and save the natives
4. The natives were given a break from the Spaniards when gold was discovered where?
(d) South Africa
5. What post did Guzman hold?
(a) Governor of Mexico City
(b) Governor of Panama
(c) Mayor of Utatlan
(d) Admiral of Honduras
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Guzman flee inland?
2. What did Avila want to do with the area that he governed?
3. The natives equated the word "Christian" with what?
4. Who led the conquest of the Yucatan?
5. The lord named Paris lived close to where?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)