|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 The Kingdom of Yucatan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Avila go in 1522 or 1523?
2. Why did "mixed" babies fetch a higher price?
(a) They had Spanish blood
(b) They were smarter than other natives
(c) They could become Spanish citizens
(d) They were more attractive
3. What did the Spanish gain from killing Paris and his people?
(a) His land
(c) Loyalty from other villages
(d) The Queen's approval
4. Where were the slaves sent?
(a) Columbia and England
(b) Panama and Peru
(c) Spain and France
(d) Cuba and Bahamas
5. What weapons did the natives use against the Spanish?
(a) Swords and horses
(b) Guns and cannons
(c) Holes in the road with sharpened stakes inside
(d) Fire as they burned the soldiers' quarters down
Short Answer Questions
1. About how many Spaniards did Paris and his men kill?
2. De Las Casas says that Avila was what?
3. The area experienced a shortage of what food?
4. What did they want to trade the natives for?
5. Avila sent about how many horsemen to kill off a region of people?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)