|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15 & 16 The River Yuyaparí & The Kingdom of Venezuela.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the main Spanish policy toward the New World?
(a) To gain as much money as possible
(b) To kill the natives
(c) To exploit the resources in the New World
(d) To convert and save the natives
2. What was the largest city in the Kingdom of Guatemala?
3. De Las Casas says that Avila was what?
4. Guzman bartered eighty natives for what?
(a) Land in Florida
(b) A chest of gold
(c) A horse
(d) A ship
5. What did the Spanish in Cuzcatlan make the slaves eat?
(a) Poison mushrooms
(b) Wild grasses
(c) Horse meat
(d) The prisoners that they took
Short Answer Questions
1. The river Yuyapari runs through which province?
2. What did the Spanish gain from killing Paris and his people?
3. What kind of reports were the Spanish in the New World sending to Spain?
4. The Council of the Indies was more concerned about what than natives?
5. About how many natives were killed in the Spanish search for gold?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)