|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15 & 16 The River Yuyaparí & The Kingdom of Venezuela.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Guzman bartered eighty natives for what?
(a) Land in Florida
(b) A horse
(c) A chest of gold
(d) A ship
2. What did the Spanish in Cuzcatlan make the slaves eat?
(a) Horse meat
(b) The prisoners that they took
(c) Wild grasses
(d) Poison mushrooms
3. Pedro Arias de Avila arrived in what year?
4. Who fled to the mountains to hide from the Spanish?
(a) The women
(b) The lords
(c) The orphans
(d) The children
5. The German governor used the natives as what?
(c) Pack animals
Short Answer Questions
1. The Audiencia of Hispaniola decided it was in the best interest to continue what?
2. The Spanish found that the gold in Cuzcatlan was mainly what?
3. Who sent evidence of the atrocities to the Council of the Indies?
4. What did Avila want to do with the area that he governed?
5. What kind of reports were the Spanish in the New World sending to Spain?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)