Chapter 1 Hispaniola
1. Why was A Short Account of the Destruction of the Indies written?
(a) To let the Spanish government know about the glorious acts of its citizens in the New World
(b) To record the history of Spain in the New World
(c) To analyze the social problems that had developed in the New World
(d) To inform the King of Spain of the murder and gold hoarding that was taking place in the New World
2. What was the original purpose of the expedition?
(a) Claim the land for Spanish purposes
(b) Convert the native people to Christianity
(c) Find a passage through to Africa
(d) Find gold
3. Only a small percentage of what was given to the Spanish purse?
4. Which Christian missionary was present?
(a) De Rey
(b) De Las Casas
5. What was the first territory on which the Spanish landed?
(a) Island of San Salvador
(b) Island of Sagres
(c) Island of Genoa
(d) Island of Hispaniola
This section contains 3,422 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)