|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Van do after reading C.S. Lewis' books?
(a) Burned the books.
(b) Wrote his own book.
(c) Wrote a letter to Lewis.
(d) Returned the books.
2. How did Van feel about the history of Christianity in "Encounter with Light?"
(a) It was the only truth.
(b) It was violent.
(c) It was appealing.
(d) It was a lie.
3. What did C.S Lewis believe was pursuing Van?
(a) A career in religion.
(b) The police.
(c) The Holy Spirit.
4. How did reading C.S. Lewis' work make Davy feel?
(b) At peace.
5. Why did Van and Davy make sure they spend time outside while they are at Oxford?
(a) To honor God's work.
(b) To take breaks from school.
(c) To enjoy the warm weather.
(d) To protect their relationship.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Van and Davy secretly marry?
2. How did Van describe Christianity after seeing the cross-like shadow?
3. Why did Van consider changing his major to theology?
4. What boat did Van and Davy buy in Miami after the War?
5. How long had Davy been dead when Van returned to Glenmerle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Davy and Van's wedding like?
2. Why did Van and Davy call their schooner Grey Goose?
3. How did Van say he was awakened to his emotions?
4. How did Van say spending a year in Kensington changed him?
5. What did Van and Davy decide to do after leaving their first year at Oxford?
6. Why did Van and Davy choose to attend St. Ebbe's?
7. What did Van and Davy do when they invited people over to their apartment near Oxford?
8. What ground rules did Davy and Van create before getting married?
9. How did C.S. Lewis compare himself to Van in his letters?
10. Why did Davy and Van sail to Oxford at the end of "The Shadow of a Tree?"
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)