|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did C.S. Lewis tell Van and Davy during their final lunch together at Oxford?
(a) That he would see them again.
(b) That life is temptation.
(c) That Van had only begun his journey.
(d) That goodbyes are forever.
2. What did C.S. Lewis say about religions born in jungles?
(a) They were based on superstition.
(b) They were rarely recognized.
(c) They were just like Christianity.
(d) They were focused on the devil.
3. What season was it when Davy and Van finally announced their marriage?
4. Who did Van and Davy invite over for company during their first year at Oxford?
(a) They do not invite people over.
(b) Other Christians.
(c) People of other religions.
5. What eventually happens to the sand in "The Sands?"
(a) It blows away.
(b) It becomes a pearl.
(c) It builds a beach.
(d) It wears Van down.
Short Answer Questions
1. Aside from Shakespeare, what other poet does Van admire?
2. When did Van and Davy secretly marry?
3. Where did Van and Davy live while the Grey Goose was being built?
4. Why did Van go to Blackwell's Booksellers?
5. Where did Van and Davy go during their breaks from Yale?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did C.S. Lewis respond to Van's desire for the presence of God to be obvious?
2. What was Davy's "sin picture?"
3. Why did Davy and Van decide not to have children?
4. What did Van and Davy do when they invited people over to their apartment near Oxford?
5. Why did Van and Davy call their schooner Grey Goose?
6. How did Van react the first time he returns to Glenmerle?
7. What happened when Van and Davy started reading C.S. Lewis novels?
8. What confused Van about world religions in "Encounter with Light?"
9. Why did Davy and Van sail to Oxford at the end of "The Shadow of a Tree?"
10. What was Davy and Van's wedding like?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)