|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did C.S. Lewis warn Van can attack his faith in "Thou Art the King of Glory?"
(a) The vices of love.
(b) The outside world.
(c) The enemy of his soul.
(d) The other world religions.
2. Where did Van and Davy talk during their first date?
(a) Near the sea.
(b) By the fireplace.
(c) On the porch.
(d) In a barn.
3. Who was Laddie?
(a) Davy and Van's minister.
(b) Davy and Van's neighbor.
(c) Davy and Van's cat.
(d) Davy and Van's dog.
4. Who did Van and Davy invite over for company during their first year at Oxford?
(b) They do not invite people over.
(c) People of other religions.
(d) Other Christians.
5. What composer did Van and Davy enjoy listening to at St. Ebbe's?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Van and Davy go during their breaks from Yale?
2. Whose death did Van learn about while he is stationed in Hawaii?
3. What denomination of Christianity did Van and Davy consider themselves to be in "Thou Art the King of Glory?"
4. What did Davy and Van decide to establish a code for before marriage?
5. Why did C.S. Lewis say he started researching Christianity?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Lewis say in his letters about the simplification of religions?
2. Why did Davy and Van sail to Oxford at the end of "The Shadow of a Tree?"
3. What did Van and Davy do when they invited people over to their apartment near Oxford?
4. Why did Van and Davy call their schooner Grey Goose?
5. How did the bombing of Pearl Harbor affect Van and Davy?
6. What did Van say happened when he decided to seek the highest of emotions?
7. Why did Davy feel guilty after the man in the park exposed himself to her?
8. What did Van write in "The Sands?"
9. What was Davy and Van's wedding like?
10. What ground rules did Davy and Van create before getting married?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)