|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Van and Davy invite over for company during their first year at Oxford?
(b) They do not invite people over.
(c) People of other religions.
(d) Other Christians.
2. What did Davy let go of during her first flight?
(b) Her hat.
(c) Her shoe.
(d) A letter.
3. What does Van say is dangerous about making decisions in "Encounter with Light?"
(a) Including God.
(b) Including emotion.
(c) Not talking to Davy first.
(d) Not sleeping well beforehand.
4. How long did Van stay in Kensington?
(a) Three years.
(b) One year.
(c) Two years.
(d) Four years.
5. When did Van return to Glenmerle for the first time?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Van and Davy talk during their first date?
2. Where did a man expose himself to Davy?
3. Who did Van write for after the War?
4. Who bombed Pearl Harbor?
5. What did Davy and Van see as being a blessing in heaven of their marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Van and Davy do as soon as the war ended?
2. Why did Davy and Van decide to live at sea?
3. What did Van and Davy decide to do after leaving their first year at Oxford?
4. How did Van say he was awakened to his emotions?
5. What did Van observe about Lewis as a teacher?
6. How did Lewis respond when Van considered changing his major to Theology?
7. What did Van say happened when he decided to seek the highest of emotions?
8. How did Van say spending a year in Kensington changed him?
9. How did Van connect Glenmerle to Davy?
10. Why did Davy and Van sail to Oxford at the end of "The Shadow of a Tree?"
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)