|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue: The Second Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Van feel about the emptiness of the second death?
(a) It is more difficult than the first.
(b) It is more comforting than the first.
(c) It is more necessary than the first.
(d) It is more confusing than the first.
2. What surprised Van and Davy about the Christians they meet in England?
(a) They were all young.
(b) They did not judge each other.
(c) They were willing to share the gospel.
(d) They were well-educated.
3. What does the Tao focus on?
(a) A complex agreement.
(b) A set of rules.
(c) A series of rituals.
(d) A code of conduct.
4. What does Van believe the pain he feels in losing Davy is worth?
(a) The chance to travel the world.
(c) The joy of reuniting with her.
(d) The motivation to write a novel.
5. What does Van realize he would have done if Davy did not die?
(a) He would have lost his own faith.
(b) He would have had children with her.
(c) He would have taken advantage of her.
(d) He would have tried to pull her from religion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Van say he once thought emotions were a symptom of?
2. How does Van describe Davy?
3. What makes Van call Davy's religion an obedience in "The Severe Mercy?"
4. Where did Jane come from when she visited Van and Davy?
5. Why did Van and Davy make sure they spend time outside while they are at Oxford?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)