|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue: The Second Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Van and Davy name their house "Mole End?"
(a) Because it was Davy's last house.
(b) Because of the moles in the yard.
(c) Because of a C.S. Lewis novel.
(d) Because it made Davy laugh.
2. What did Van see when he looked at his boyhood house for the first time since leaving it?
(a) It was smaller than he remembered.
(b) He saw it filled with the people he knows.
(c) He saw that it was falling apart.
(d) He saw it filled with strangers.
3. What did Van realize about his letters to Davy in "Epilogue: The Second Death?"
(a) He had to save them all.
(b) He should publish them.
(c) He could not write them anymore.
(d) He needed to write one a day.
4. What did Davy and Van decide to establish a code for before marriage?
(a) Their "inloveness."
(b) Their togetherness.
(c) Their respect.
(d) Their solitude.
5. When did Van return to Glenmerle for the first time?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Davy honor her love for Davy during their first summer together?
2. What first caught Van's attention when he first returned to Glenmerle?
3. What upset Van about his letters to Davy in "Epilogue: The Second Death?"
4. What did Van and Davy call their "shining barrier?"
5. What book did Van and Davy read together when she came home from the hospital?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)