|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Shadow of a Tree.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Van and Davy believe there is a creator of the universe?
(a) Because the Bible says so.
(b) Because there was so much order and beauty.
(c) Because the universe is so large.
(d) Because they were devout Christians.
2. Aside from Shakespeare, what other poet does Van admire?
3. What did Davy and Van see as being a blessing in heaven of their marriage?
(a) A family of geese.
(b) A storm.
(c) A flock of doves.
(d) A rainbow.
4. How did Van's parents feel about his marriage to Davy?
(a) They would not talk to him about it.
(b) They did not know about it.
(c) They disapproved of it.
(d) They approved of it.
5. Why does Van believe all the great moments in life must be felt?
(a) They lose their majesty if they are not felt.
(b) They define people.
(c) They only happen once.
(d) They do not make sense if they are not felt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What boat did Van and Davy buy in Miami after the War?
2. Where did Van and Davy live while the Grey Goose was being built?
3. Why did Van want his money back for the print in "The Shining Barrier?"
4. Where did Van and Davy go during their breaks from Yale?
5. What season was it when Davy and Van finally announced their marriage?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)