|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Shadow of a Tree.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened when Davy remembered mocking people for having religious faith?
(a) She never mocked people.
(b) She thought she needed it too.
(c) She thought she was right.
(d) She thought she judged them too fast.
2. What did Van and Davy call their "shining barrier?"
(a) Their marriage code.
(b) Their values.
(c) The fence around Glenmerle.
(d) Their love.
3. What does Van say made him realize the feelings of pain and longing while in Kensington?
(a) Watching the sun rise.
(b) Watching the sun set.
(c) Looking at the night sky.
(d) Seeing the tides change.
4. What did Davy call the farmhouse she and Van lived in while waiting for the Grey Goose to be built?
(a) Cow's Tail Chateau.
(b) Horsebite Hall.
(c) Mockingbird Manor.
(d) Frog-jump Farm.
5. Whose death did Van learn about while he is stationed in Hawaii?
(a) Davy's mother.
(b) His mother.
(c) Davy's father.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Van honor his love for Davy during their first summer together?
2. Why does Van believe all the great moments in life must be felt?
3. Why did Van and Davy believe there is a creator of the universe?
4. How did Van and Davy come up with their code before marriage?
5. Aside from Shakespeare, what other poet does Van admire?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)