|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Shining Barrier (The Pagan Love).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Van and Davy call the "Grey Goose?"
(a) A house.
(b) Their love.
(c) A bird.
(d) A boat.
2. What part of Davy first caught Van's attention?
(a) Her smile.
(b) Her walk.
(c) Her eyes.
(d) Her hair.
3. What first caught Van's attention when he first returned to Glenmerle?
(a) The size.
(b) The lawn.
(c) The smell.
(d) The new people living there.
4. Why does Van say he decided to seek joy?
(a) It is the easiest emotion.
(b) It is most important emotion.
(c) It is the highest emotion.
(d) It is the most elusive emotion.
5. Why did Davy and Van take boating lessons?
(a) They wanted to live at sea.
(b) They wanted to build a boat.
(c) They wanted to be in a boat race.
(d) The lessons were free.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Van believe all the great moments in life must be felt?
2. Aside from Shakespeare, what other poet does Van admire?
3. What does Van say staying in Kensington did for him?
4. Why did Van want his money back for the print in "The Shining Barrier?"
5. Who was Laddie?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)