|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Shining Barrier (The Pagan Love).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Van believe the pain he feels in losing Davy is worth?
(b) The joy of reuniting with her.
(c) The motivation to write a novel.
(d) The chance to travel the world.
2. What was the weather like when Van and Davy married?
3. Who was Laddie?
(a) Davy and Van's minister.
(b) Davy and Van's cat.
(c) Davy and Van's neighbor.
(d) Davy and Van's dog.
4. Why did Van want his money back for the print in "The Shining Barrier?"
(a) It was not his picture.
(b) It was cropped wrong.
(c) It was just black.
(d) It was tinted wrong.
5. Why did Davy and Van decide to get a sailboat?
(a) They could get one cheap.
(b) It was very romantic.
(c) They did not have to buy fuel.
(d) Davy loved sailing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Van say he once thought emotions were a symptom of?
2. What does Van say staying in Kensington did for him?
3. What did Van see when he looked at his boyhood house for the first time since leaving it?
4. What did Van and Davy do when they needed to make a decision?
5. What does Van say was his first aesthetic experience?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)