|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Severe Mercy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Davy and Van take boating lessons?
(a) They wanted to be in a boat race.
(b) They wanted to live at sea.
(c) They wanted to build a boat.
(d) The lessons were free.
2. What formed the X-shaped shadow Van looks at in "The Shadow of a Tree?"
(a) A tree.
(b) A ship's mast.
(c) A building.
(d) His body.
3. Why did C.S. Lewis say men are like dogs?
(a) They follow a master.
(b) They are too loyal to the pack.
(c) They are happy as long as they are fed.
(d) They need a companion.
4. How did Van feel about Davy's faith in "The Barrier Breached?"
(a) He was jealous.
(b) He was bored.
(c) He was entertained.
(d) He was inspired.
5. How does Van describe Davy?
(a) His first love.
(b) His best friend.
(c) His biggest mystery.
(d) His lost chance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Van go when he wanted to reject Christ in "The Way of Grief?"
2. Where did Van leave some of Davy's ashes?
3. What did Van and Davy call the "Grey Goose?"
4. How did Van want God to treat him in "The Barrier Breached?"
5. Why does Van seek eternity in "The Severe Mercy?"
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)