|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the benefactor have to stay with the apprentice when he sees the green fog?
2. Why must a warrior become amicable with his own death?
3. What was the greenish glow in the flames, according to don Juan?
4. How did Carlos feel when he couldn't get up?
5. What was in the field?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is there only one entrance for death in the body?
2. What was the only way to dull the edge off of learning about one's death was?
3. Why is it important that a warrior apologizes to the things he has hurt?
4. How did Carlos learn to travel with the water?
5. What did don Genaro's tap feel like to Carlos?
6. Why can't Carlos 'see' accurately?
7. What happens to a man when he becomes a man of knowledge?
8. What mistake did Carlos make when he looked at don Juan?
9. What is the difference between the way regular people treat the world, and the way a warrior treats the world?
10. What is a negative type of spirit and what are the consequences to having one of these kinds of spirits take notice of you?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the use of hallucinogens in aboriginal culture. How are hallucinogens viewed by our culture? How is someone viewed that can manipulate the use of a hallucinogen in aboriginal culture? How is someone viewed that can manipulate hallucinogens in our culture?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Native American use of hallucinogens. Do you think it is acceptable for Native Americans to use controlled substances? Why? Compare the old European way of life and use of substances to that of the Native Americans. How are we similar? How do we differ?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the human fascination with understanding. How could it limit us in the search for universal truth? In what situations do we blindly accept what we are told? How do you think this is possible?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)