|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What direction did Carlos feel a change in?
(a) The South.
(b) The East.
(c) The North.
(d) The West.
2. What is always heralded by great pain?
(a) A strong will.
(b) Fine sight.
(c) A fine power.
(d) A strong power.
3. What is Carlos chained to?
(a) His reason.
(b) His ally.
(c) His rationalizations.
(d) His notes.
4. Where does death enter through you?
(a) Your third eye.
(b) Your eyes.
(c) Your belly.
(d) Your head.
5. What was the purpose of the crouched position?
(a) To make getting up quickly possible.
(b) None of these.
(c) To allow Carlos to remained hidden, but vigil.
(d) To allow Carlos to take the woman by surprise.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of the day is a bad time for sorcerers?
2. What was the item that don Juan had told to put inside the witch?
3. What is different in every man?
4. What sound did Carlos not hear?
5. What was Carlos' irrational fear based on?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it important that a warrior apologizes to the things he has hurt?
2. What mistake did Carlos make in his first attempt to get up? How did he finally succeed?
3. What was the only way to dull the edge off of learning about one's death was?
4. What mistake did Carlos make when he looked at don Juan?
5. What was the difference between the eyes when Carlos 'sees' don Juan?
6. What did don Genaro's tap feel like to Carlos?
7. Why can't Carlos attempt to "see" again?
8. How did Carlos feel when don Genaro and don Juan were sitting with him?
9. What fascinated Carlos Castaneda when don Juan explained sorcery?
10. What strange occurrence happened when Carlos just simply listened?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)