|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color was Carlos when he had come out of the water?
2. What is Carlos' problem?
(a) All of these.
(b) He's willing to abandon himself.
(c) He's too willing to commit to something he doesn't understand.
(d) He doesn't listen well enough.
3. What was the nature of don Juan's lesson?
(a) It was a serious test of his conviction to being a man of knowledge.
(b) It was entrapment.
(c) It was a trick.
(d) It was a serious test of Castaneda's faith in him.
4. What is don Juan's trump card against the witch?
(a) His allies.
(b) His little smoke.
(c) Carlos himself.
(d) His warrior attitude.
5. What were the branches for?
(a) A weapon.
(b) To keep Carlos warm.
(c) To make him feel better.
(d) Special protection.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where would someone find a spirit that could be an ally?
2. What was in the field?
3. How can a spirit cause the death of a person?
4. When did Carlos lose sight of don Genaro on the mountain?
5. What must Carlos be before meeting an ally?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is there only one entrance for death in the body?
2. What mistake did Carlos make when he looked at don Juan?
3. Explain what the 'fog' is.
4. What was the difference between the eyes when Carlos 'sees' don Juan?
5. What was the only thought that brought comfort to Carlos while he was in the forest?
6. What did don Genaro's tap feel like to Carlos?
7. How did Carlos feel when don Genaro and don Juan were sitting with him?
8. What was unique about Carlos' experience this time?
9. What is a negative type of spirit and what are the consequences to having one of these kinds of spirits take notice of you?
10. What fascinated Carlos Castaneda when don Juan explained sorcery?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)