|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did don Juan tell Carlos to sit in?
(a) A chair.
(b) None of these.
(c) A tree.
(d) A water hole.
2. Why does the benefactor have to stay with the apprentice when he sees the green fog?
(a) The fog can be dangerous.
(b) The fog might consume the apprentice.
(c) All of these.
(d) The fog is similar to a guardian.
3. What kind of bird did she change into?
(a) A crow.
(b) A falcon.
(c) A hawk.
(d) A blackbird.
4. What was the hardest thing for Castaneda to stop doing?
(a) None of these.
(b) Thinking too much.
(c) Listening to himself think.
(d) Talking to himself.
5. What is Carlos' problem?
(a) He doesn't listen well enough.
(b) He's willing to abandon himself.
(c) All of these.
(d) He's too willing to commit to something he doesn't understand.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the guardian become nothing?
2. What was the item that don Juan had told to put inside the witch?
3. What must Carlos be before meeting an ally?
4. What is Carlos looking for with his hands?
5. What sense captured Castaneda's attention?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Carlos learn to travel with the water?
2. Why is it important that a warrior apologizes to the things he has hurt?
3. Why is the water dangerous?
4. What did Carlos fail to do while in the forest and hearing all the sounds around him?
5. How must people treat the world?
6. What fascinated Carlos Castaneda when don Juan explained sorcery?
7. Why can't Carlos 'see' accurately?
8. Explain what the 'fog' is.
9. How is will different from seeing?
10. What mistake did Carlos make when he looked at don Juan?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)