|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Carlos chained to?
(a) His notes.
(b) His reason.
(c) His rationalizations.
(d) His ally.
2. What was Carlos' complaint regarding living life like a warrior?
(a) That it was impossible to let go of the mind to that extent.
(b) Both of these.
(c) This would take a lifetime.
(d) Neither of these.
3. What sense captured Castaneda's attention?
4. What is Carlos looking for with his hands?
(a) All of these.
(b) Where they get warm.
(c) The direction he must head.
(d) The location of his spirit catcher.
5. What was don Juan doing with the string?
(a) Scaring Carlos.
(b) Summoning the rain.
(c) None of these.
(d) Catching the spirit of the watering hole.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Carlos going to get his best powers from?
2. Define sorcery.
3. What was the name of the sorceress that had attacked don Juan?
4. What did don Juan attempt to get Carlos to do this time he was under the influence of the little smoke?
5. Why does don Juan not hate anyone?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Carlos feel when don Genaro and don Juan were sitting with him?
2. What fascinated Carlos Castaneda when don Juan explained sorcery?
3. How was the promise in Carlos' childhood preventing him from getting past the guardian?
4. How did Carlos learn to travel with the water?
5. What did Carlos fail to do while in the forest and hearing all the sounds around him?
6. Why is it important that a warrior apologizes to the things he has hurt?
7. Why can't Carlos attempt to "see" again?
8. What was unique about Carlos' experience this time?
9. What happens to a man when he becomes a man of knowledge?
10. What was the only thought that brought comfort to Carlos while he was in the forest?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)