|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years was don Juan away from his apprenticeship?
(a) Three and a half years.
(b) Six and a half years.
(c) Four and a half years.
(d) Five and a half years.
2. What does don Juan point out to Carlos?
(a) That his world of opportunities and freedom cannot make him a man of knowledge.
(b) That his view of the boys is one sided.
(c) That his view of the children is shallow.
(d) That his perception is out of tune.
3. What did Mescalito teach?
(a) The right way to act.
(b) The right way to live.
(c) The right way to look at things.
(d) The right way to behave.
4. What were the people that Carlos had encountered when he had abandoned don Vincente's gift?
(b) Guardians of the gift that Carlos was supposed to harness.
(c) Allies of a man of knowledge.
5. Why did don Juan leave the room?
(a) Carlos is a blabbermouth and would keep talking regardless.
(b) All of these.
(c) He needed to go to the bathroom.
(d) He needed to gather more herbs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Carlos condense his field notes?
2. What brought both Carlos and don Juan back to their apprenticeships?
3. Why did the narrator lie to don Juan?
4. What are the Yoris?
5. How did don Genaro jump?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the difference between seeing and looking?
2. What was don Juan's explanation for the lights behind them?
3. Why couldn't Carlos articulate what he wanted to after his experience?
4. What is the difference between the first and second time Carlos smoked?
5. Why will Carlos never believe what actually went on with don Genaro at the waterfall?
6. What does don Juan point out in regards to Carlos' view of the shoeshine boys?
7. Provide an explanation as to why a man of knowledge is vastly valued profession for Carlos.
8. Why did Carlos leave his apprenticeship with don Juan?
9. What was don Juan's task as a practitioner?
10. How must someone approach Mescalito?
This section contains 1,002 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)