|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the thing that really prevented Carlos from the mixture?
(a) He didn't want to lose his clarity.
(b) All of these.
(c) He wanted to still be able to write.
(d) He was afraid of losing his mind.
2. How did Saceteca stop Carlos?
(a) With his will.
(b) By telling him he had nothing to teach him.
(c) By seeing.
(d) By dancing.
3. What was bothering Carlos in the car?
(a) He was hungry.
(b) The sun on the back of his neck.
(c) All of these.
(d) The heat.
4. What animal did don Juan compare to Lucio?
(a) A worm.
(b) An amoeba.
(c) A jellyfish.
(d) None of these.
5. What place was it safe for the color to have appeared on the guardian?
(a) Any of these.
(b) Its back.
(c) Its head.
(d) Its chest.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what point did don Vincente agree to help Carlos?
2. Why did don Elias stop talking with Carlos?
3. What did don Juan and Carlos eat?
4. What was don Juan reputed to know about?
5. Why can a man not be changed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is tricky regarding allies?
2. Why did the guardian stop Carlos?
3. Why, according to don Juan, can a blind man not truly laugh?
4. Why will Carlos never believe what actually went on with don Genaro at the waterfall?
5. What was the only important thing, according to don Juan, about Carlos' experience?
6. What was the confusion regarding allies and the smoke?
7. Why did Carlos leave his apprenticeship with don Juan?
8. What is the difference between a stranger and a practitioner?
9. What differences does don Juan offer between his protectors and the ones created by the Catholic faith?
10. What about don Juan's explanation had made Carlos feel uncomfortable?
This section contains 1,022 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)