|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times did Carlos have to call don Juan for him to come?
(d) He never left.
2. How did don Elias appear to act?
(c) None of these.
3. What brought both Carlos and don Juan back to their apprenticeships?
(a) The desire to learn how to manipulate the world around them.
(b) The knowledge that there was no other way to live life.
(c) The desire to become all powerful.
(d) The social desire to learn the ways of a man of knowledge.
4. What can Carlos accomplish with his will that will greatly help him to overcome the guardian?
(a) He can vanquish the guardian.
(b) He can prevent the guardian from being able to hurt him.
(c) He can destroy the guardian.
(d) He can will the guardian to disappear.
5. Why can Carlos' view of the world not be final?
(a) Both of these.
(b) There are many interpretations of the world from different perspectives.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) There is only one perspective, and it is impossible to accurately assess.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did don Elias stop talking with Carlos?
2. What color of yellow was the sky?
3. What had Carlos obsessed about?
4. What could a master sorcerer do?
5. What color was the guardian originally?
Short Essay Questions
1. How can everything in life be controlled folly?
2. What is extremely impolite among the Yaquis?
3. Provide an explanation as to why a man of knowledge is vastly valued profession for Carlos.
4. Why did Carlos leave his apprenticeship with don Juan?
5. What does don Juan say about Carlos' progress?
6. What did Benigno and Lucio say in regards to don Juan?
7. What was the difference that appeared when don Juan and Carlos were talking about knowledge?
8. What could the guardian do if it got angry?
9. What was don Juan's explanation for the lights behind them?
10. What did the guardian look like?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)