|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disturbed Carlos?
(a) That don Juan didn't care about him.
(b) The lack of progress on his book.
(c) The fact that don Juan's bones all cracked.
(d) The darkness.
2. Who was not an apprentice of Genaro's?
(b) I don't know.
(c) Don Juan.
3. What had Carlos obsessed about?
(a) Gaining an ally.
(c) Meeting Mescalito.
(d) He was not obsessed.
4. How does Saceteca see?
(a) He sees.
(b) He interprets his surroundings much like we do.
(c) He sings.
(d) He dances.
5. Why does Carlos think he is better off than the shoeshine boys?
(a) Carlos feels that their entire existence is taken up in the pursuit of food.
(b) Carlos feels that he lives better.
(c) Carlos feels his world is more intellectually open to him.
(d) Carlos feels that knowledge cannot be acquired by their lifestyle.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Carlos closest to 'seeing'?
2. What brought both Carlos and don Juan back to their apprenticeships?
3. Why was coming into contact with an ally dangerous?
4. What did Mescalito allow Carlos to do?
5. What did the guardian warn Carlos not to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Carlos leave his apprenticeship with don Juan?
2. What about don Juan's explanation had made Carlos feel uncomfortable?
3. What was the only important thing, according to don Juan, about Carlos' experience?
4. Why didn't Carlos 'see' the people that were around when he had left the plants?
5. How can everything in life be controlled folly?
6. What did the guardian look like?
7. What could the guardian do if it got angry?
8. What was the confusion regarding allies and the smoke?
9. What was the difference that appeared when don Juan and Carlos were talking about knowledge?
10. What is extremely impolite among the Yaquis?
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)