|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Carlos' friend lonely?
(a) He never raised a family.
(b) He died without 'seeing'.
(c) He believed in his beliefs and rationalism, instead of in the world around him.
(d) None of these.
2. What animal did don Juan compare to Lucio?
(a) An amoeba.
(b) A jellyfish.
(c) None of these.
(d) A worm.
3. How did Carlos look different?
(a) He looked full of pride.
(b) None of these.
(c) He looked like he had achieved something of great importance.
(d) He was getting fat and soft.
4. Where did the men agree the tequila was made?
(a) The high mountains of Chihuahua.
(b) The low lands of the Guadalajara.
(c) The Pico de Orizaba.
(d) The lowlands of the Lake Chapala.
5. What is so interesting to note about Mescalito's treatment of Carlos?
(a) Mescalito wants to involve Carlos in providing lessons for men.
(b) Mescalito wants to create a business deal with Carlos.
(c) Mescalito has never been so gentle as he was with Carlos.
(d) Mescalito is compassionate towards Carlos.
Short Answer Questions
1. How big did the guardian appear to be?
2. What could a master sorcerer do?
3. What is the only thing that tempers the spirit?
4. What place was it safe for the color to have appeared on the guardian?
5. What color was the guardian originally?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the confusion regarding allies and the smoke?
2. What about don Juan's explanation had made Carlos feel uncomfortable?
3. What is the difference between a stranger and a practitioner?
4. What about Castaneda's behavior did don Genaro find amusing and why?
5. Why didn't Carlos 'see' the people that were around when he had left the plants?
6. Why will Carlos never believe what actually went on with don Genaro at the waterfall?
7. What did Benigno and Lucio say in regards to don Juan?
8. What is extremely impolite among the Yaquis?
9. Why does each chapter end on a dramatic note?
10. What is the difference between seeing and looking?
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)