|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Genaro do?
(a) Made the water ripple.
(b) None of these.
(c) Made the sky darken.
(d) Made the earth tremble.
2. What did don Juan attempt to get Carlos to do this time he was under the influence of the little smoke?
(c) See the guardian.
3. What sensation did Carlos have the day after he saw the man?
4. When did Carlos lose sight of don Genaro on the mountain?
(a) When he rationalized his mind out of the sight.
(b) When don Genaro disappeared.
(c) When don Genaro tapped him on the shoulder.
(d) When he realized that he couldn't see a man that far away.
5. What does a warrior do when he encounters an ally, according to don Genaro?
(a) Runs away.
(b) Screams like a little girl.
(c) Curls up into a little ball.
(d) Wets his pants.
6. What did the fog consist of?
(a) Tiny snowflakes.
(b) None of these.
(c) Tiny bubbles.
(d) Tiny pebbles.
7. What should scare Carlos, according to don Juan?
(a) The idea of doing the same thing for the rest of his life.
(b) The idea of never finding the world.
(c) The idea of never seeing.
(d) The idea of living a mediocre life.
8. What is always heralded by great pain?
(a) Fine sight.
(b) A strong will.
(c) A fine power.
(d) A strong power.
9. Why does don Juan not hate anyone?
(a) He has become a warrior.
(b) He learned that neither Mexican nor indian is better than the other.
(c) He has learned to forgive his aggressors.
(d) He has learned that all paths in life are equal.
10. What did don Juan tell Carlos to stop doing?
(a) Looking at him.
(b) Looking for the guardian.
(d) Trying to see.
11. How many points are men capable of handling?
12. What was the most important thing for Carlos to find?
(a) Holes in the fabric of space and time.
(b) Holes that were in the realm of seeing.
(c) Holes in which rabbits dwelt.
(d) Holes in which game dwelt.
13. How are don Juan and Carlos different when referring to their childhoods?
(a) All of these.
(b) Don Juan wasn't involved with being mean.
(c) Don Juan wasn't violent; Carlos was.
(d) Carlos was a nicer boy than don Juan.
14. Where would someone find a spirit that could be an ally?
(a) In cities.
(b) In urban, highly accessible locations.
(c) In suburban locations.
(d) In remote, inaccessible locations.
15. What does don Juan find extremely amusing about Carlos?
(a) Carlos is afraid of his ally.
(b) Carlos doesn't want to meet his ally.
(c) The first time don Juan has really wanted to talk with Carlos, and he is quiet.
(d) The one time he is supposed to talk he has nothing to say.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Carlos' complaint regarding living life like a warrior?
2. What book did Carlos want to discuss?
3. What was in the field?
4. What did Carlos see when he had opened his eyes after focusing on the sound?
5. What did don Juan see when he looked into Carlos?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)