|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color was Carlos when he had come out of the water?
2. What did Carlos use to light the pipe?
(a) A coal.
(c) A lighter.
3. What did don Juan tell Carlos to stop doing?
(a) Looking at him.
(b) Looking for the guardian.
(c) Trying to see.
4. What does don Juan find extremely amusing about Carlos?
(a) The first time don Juan has really wanted to talk with Carlos, and he is quiet.
(b) Carlos is afraid of his ally.
(c) The one time he is supposed to talk he has nothing to say.
(d) Carlos doesn't want to meet his ally.
5. What direction did Carlos feel a change in?
(a) The South.
(b) The East.
(c) The North.
(d) The West.
6. What is Carlos' main problem?
(a) He insists on understanding everything, and somethings cannot be understood.
(b) He insists on rationalizing everything,
(c) He insists on putting everything in order, and sometimes things cannot be grouped.
(d) He insists on explaining everything, and some things cannot be explained.
7. What was the greenish glow in the flames, according to don Juan?
(a) A shadow.
(b) A spirit.
(c) A bubble.
(d) None of these.
8. What does a warrior do when he encounters an ally, according to don Genaro?
(a) Wets his pants.
(b) Runs away.
(c) Screams like a little girl.
(d) Curls up into a little ball.
9. What does don Juan say Carlos has that are good?
10. When was Carlos the closest to seeing?
(a) When he saw the green fog of the water.
(b) When he felt the reverberations of the spirit catcher.
(c) When he noticed don Juan's voice as well as the tone from the string.
(d) When he had felt cold.
11. What did don Juan attempt to get Carlos to do this time he was under the influence of the little smoke?
(a) See the guardian.
12. What sound did Carlos not hear?
13. What disturbed Carlos?
(a) How he had made a mistake.
(b) None of these.
(c) How he was being reprimanded.
(d) The way don Juan was angry with him.
14. What did Carlos have to do to protect don Juan?
(a) Both of these.
(b) None of these.
(c) Destroy a blackbird.
(d) Take aim at the sorceress.
15. What has don Juan's ally shared with him?
(a) The achievements of all his lifelong ambitions.
(b) His own death.
(c) His future.
(d) The correct way to die.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sensation did Carlos have the day after he saw the man?
2. What was the hardest thing for Castaneda to stop doing?
3. Why must a warrior become amicable with his own death?
4. Where is Carlos going to get his best powers from?
5. What captivated Carlos' attention?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)