|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the hardest thing for Castaneda to stop doing?
(a) None of these.
(b) Talking to himself.
(c) Listening to himself think.
(d) Thinking too much.
2. What was don Juan going to attempt to teach Carlos this time?
(a) To gain the water as an ally.
(b) All of these.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) To use the water in order to move.
3. How can a spirit cause the death of a person?
(a) By causing him to run over a precipice.
(b) All of these.
(c) By causing his death of fright.
(d) By letting objects fall on him.
4. What time of the day is a bad time for sorcerers?
(a) The afternoon.
(b) The night.
(c) The evening.
(d) The morning.
5. When does an ally have substance?
(a) When they chase the sorcerer.
(b) When they are fleeing the sorcerer.
(c) When they are approaching the sorcerer.
(d) When one struggles with them.
6. What was the purpose of the crouched position?
(a) To make getting up quickly possible.
(b) To allow Carlos to take the woman by surprise.
(c) None of these.
(d) To allow Carlos to remained hidden, but vigil.
7. What were the branches for?
(a) To keep Carlos warm.
(b) To make him feel better.
(c) Special protection.
(d) A weapon.
8. What is don Juan's trump card against the witch?
(a) Carlos himself.
(b) His warrior attitude.
(c) His little smoke.
(d) His allies.
9. What did don Juan attempt to get Carlos to do this time he was under the influence of the little smoke?
(b) See the guardian.
10. What does the smoke give the men of knowledge?
(d) The grasping speed to heed their allies.
11. What is Carlos' main problem?
(a) He insists on rationalizing everything,
(b) He insists on explaining everything, and some things cannot be explained.
(c) He insists on putting everything in order, and sometimes things cannot be grouped.
(d) He insists on understanding everything, and somethings cannot be understood.
12. What is the last thing Carlos must learn to do in order to be a warrior?
(a) Stop talking to himself and stop thinking too much.
(b) Vanquish the sorceress.
(c) Learn how to constantly invoke controlled folly.
(d) Follow the path with the heart.
13. What was Carlos' irrational fear based on?
(a) The fear that he was being watched.
(b) The paranoia that the woman was hunting him.
(c) The pressure of the need to perform.
(d) The focus on which he had to exert.
14. What does don Juan say Carlos has that are good?
15. What didn't Carlos understand about the ways to living like a warrior?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) Both of these.
(c) The idea that a man perceives things differently when he sees.
(d) The indifference regarding his own demise.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the nature of don Juan's lesson?
2. When did Carlos lose sight of don Genaro on the mountain?
3. What does don Juan find extremely amusing about Carlos?
4. What was the name of the sorceress that had attacked don Juan?
5. Why does the benefactor have to stay with the apprentice when he sees the green fog?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)