|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Carlos always find difficult after he had finished with the little smoke?
2. Where did the men agree the tequila was made?
(a) The low lands of the Guadalajara.
(b) The lowlands of the Lake Chapala.
(c) The Pico de Orizaba.
(d) The high mountains of Chihuahua.
3. How did Saceteca stop Carlos?
(a) By telling him he had nothing to teach him.
(b) By seeing.
(c) By dancing.
(d) With his will.
4. What was Carlos' duty at the mitote?
(a) To keep the fire going.
(b) To make sure to bring water.
(c) To call a doctor if something went wrong.
(d) To induce vomiting in case of overdose.
5. What was the thing that really prevented Carlos from the mixture?
(a) He was afraid of losing his mind.
(b) All of these.
(c) He didn't want to lose his clarity.
(d) He wanted to still be able to write.
6. What does an ally look like to a crow?
(a) None of these.
(b) An egg of light.
(c) A ball of light.
(d) A real person.
7. How could a skilled sorcerer bring about a specialized range of perception?
(a) Through the belief in the images presented to the apprentice.
(b) Through the manipulation of social cues.
(c) Through the adaptation to the apprentices visions.
(d) Through the examination of the world around them from the eyes of the apprentice.
8. What do real people look like when you 'see' them?
(a) Luminous eggs.
(b) Balls of light.
(c) Real people.
9. What does don Juan point out to Carlos?
(a) That his view of the boys is one sided.
(b) That his view of the children is shallow.
(c) That his world of opportunities and freedom cannot make him a man of knowledge.
(d) That his perception is out of tune.
10. What was the first thing Carlos saw on the mat?
(a) A fly.
(b) A gnat.
(c) A spider.
(d) A bee.
11. Why was coming into contact with an ally dangerous?
(a) They can harm someone who doesn't protect themselves.
(b) They are capable of trickery at the behest of the brujo to whom they are connected.
(c) They can bring out the worst in people.
(d) All of these.
12. How did don Genaro jump?
(a) Both of these.
(b) He loosed his tentacles.
(c) He attached his fibers to different rocks.
(d) Neither of these.
13. What color of yellow was the sky?
(b) Pale yellow.
(d) Fluorescent yellow.
14. What was bothering Carlos in the car?
(a) The heat.
(b) The sun on the back of his neck.
(c) He was hungry.
(d) All of these.
15. How many times did Carlos have to call don Juan for him to come?
(a) He never left.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years was don Juan away from his apprenticeship?
2. What place was it safe for the color to have appeared on the guardian?
3. Why did don Juan leave the room?
4. What did Carlos fear when he came to Mexico?
5. What was the one thing that Genaro did just for Carlos?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)