|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 3 - 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was don Juan's intention?
(a) None of these.
(b) To convince Lucio's friends that peyote was a sane, and wondrous experience.
(c) To encourage Lucio to do peyote and find his way.
(d) To bring enlightenment to Lucio.
2. What are the Yoris?
(a) The tourists.
(b) The Americans.
(c) The capitalists.
(d) The Mexicans.
3. Why did don Elias stop talking with Carlos?
(a) He didn't appreciate that Carlos had left Juan.
(b) He didn't want to teach Carlos.
(c) He didn't like what Carlos had to say.
(d) He didn't trust Carlos' motives.
4. What was the definition of stranger?
(a) Someone who lacked the ability to make intelligent interpretations of the units of meaning.
(b) All of these.
(c) Someone who didn't understand the properties of psychotropic plants.
(d) Someone who couldn't interpret their experience for themselves.
5. Why was coming into contact with an ally dangerous?
(a) All of these.
(b) They are capable of trickery at the behest of the brujo to whom they are connected.
(c) They can harm someone who doesn't protect themselves.
(d) They can bring out the worst in people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mescalito teach Eligio?
2. What does don Juan say that Carlos lacks?
3. What was responsible for Carlos' vision?
4. What did don Juan and Carlos eat?
5. What did Carlos think was don Juan's reason for responding in such a manner to him?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)