|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 14 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only thing that tempers the spirit?
(a) The idea of death.
(b) The idea of travel.
(c) The idea of eternity.
(d) The idea of love.
2. What is a unit of meaning?
(a) A part of a whole idea that don Juan was attempting to communicate.
(b) All of these.
(c) A single aspect of genuine understanding.
(d) All the single elements relating to the knowledge that don Juan was trying to teach him.
3. What was in the field?
(a) A Mexican peasant farmer.
(b) A vulture.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A wolf.
4. What is don Juan's trump card against the witch?
(a) His warrior attitude.
(b) His little smoke.
(c) His allies.
(d) Carlos himself.
5. When does the guardian become nothing?
(a) When Carlos admits to himself that the guardian has no control over him.
(b) When Carlos ignores it.
(c) When Carlos feels nothing towards it.
(d) When Carlos no longer reacts to it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Carlos use to light the pipe?
2. What did the guardian warn Carlos not to do?
3. What was don Juan reputed to know about?
4. What does the Spanish word of Brujo translate to?
5. What surprised Carlos in regard to don Genaro?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)