|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Barris want to smuggle across the border?
2. What film do Donna and Arctor discuss?
3. What does Arctor ask Donna if he can do?
4. What drugs does Fred take in the bathroom?
5. What book is the phrase through a mirror darkly from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the difference between Arctor as an informant and Barris as an informant?
2. Why are the hemphisperes similar to hands?
3. What is the Game?
4. What does Freck hallucinate?
5. What is Arctor's excuse to the locksmith for his awful behavior on the phone?
6. In what way can the reader see Connie as a pitiful character?
7. How does Donna make up with Arctor?
8. What does Arctor tell Luckman he saw when he drove by the Maylar Microdot Corporation Building?
9. Why is Fred going to be paid less in his next month's salary?
10. What artifacts does Freck decide to leave behind when he commits suicide?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What kind of person does an undercover cop need to be? Why does Bob Arctor not make a successful undercover cop?
Essay Topic 2
Pick two characters from the novel and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
Dick wrote A SCANNER DARKLY in the 1970s, but set it in 1994. Do you think it is an accurate portrayal of the future? What happened in the 1970s that suggested the future would evolve in that way?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)