|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fred eat in the cafeteria?
2. What drugs does Fred take in the bathroom?
3. What does Arctor say will linger in his heart forever?
4. What does George call Arctor?
5. What does Ellen suggest Fred use?
Short Essay Questions
1. What story does Bruce tell Thelma?
2. How does Barris dismiss a call from one of Arctor's creditors?
3. What advice does Mike give Bruce?
4. What do Arctor and his roommates say about Donna?
5. What artifacts does Freck decide to leave behind when he commits suicide?
6. Why are the hemphisperes similar to hands?
7. Why does Arctor have sex with Connie?
8. Why is Arctor called Bruce in this chapter?
9. What does Arctor tell Luckman he saw when he drove by the Maylar Microdot Corporation Building?
10. Why does Donna claim she does not have sex with anyone?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Dick's representations of the following areas and decide how close Dick's representations are to the real thing and how Dick makes his representations seem and feel real:
1) Drug addiction
2) Undercover police work
3) Drug dealing
Essay Topic 2
Why is it important that drug addiction is addressed by someone who has experienced it? Do you think America has ever seriously addressed people like Dick's views on drugs?
Essay Topic 3
Compare drug research in the 1970s to drug research today. How would the book's depiction of drugs change if Dick wrote it today?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)