Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the book Arctor takes off the shelf?
2. Which part of the brain provides back up?
3. What do Fred's fellow agents say Barris' mushroom is likely to be?
4. What does Donna say she is like inside?
5. What is the lockmith's name?
Essay Topic 1
Choose two of the following and examine how it affects the tone of the novel and helps to express characters and themes:
2) Point of view
Essay Topic 2
Compare drug research in the 1970s to drug research today. How would the book's depiction of drugs change if Dick wrote it today?
Essay Topic 3
Dick was a drug addict and it is said that A SCANNER DARKLY is semi-autobiographical, adhering to the rule that writers should write about what they know. Do you think it is obvious that Dick knows his subject? What difference do you think it makes to the story? Are there any moments where you think Dick does not portray a character or setting so well? What effect does it have on the story?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)