Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the book Arctor takes off the shelf?
2. Which part of the brain provides back up?
3. What do Fred's fellow agents say Barris' mushroom is likely to be?
4. What does Donna say she is like inside?
5. What is the lockmith's name?
Essay Topic 1
Pick two characters from the novel and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 2
Examine counter culture in America.
1) What is counter culture and how was counter culture in the 1970s different from counter culture today?
2) Why is A SCANNER DARKLY seen as a counter culture book?
3) How does Dick show the clash between the counter culture and normal society and how does this clash affect society in general?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Dick's representations of the following areas and decide how close Dick's representations are to the real thing and how Dick makes his representations seem and feel real:
1) Drug addiction
2) Undercover police work
3) Drug dealing
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)