Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the book Arctor takes off the shelf?
2. Which part of the brain provides back up?
3. What do Fred's fellow agents say Barris' mushroom is likely to be?
4. What does Donna say she is like inside?
5. What is the lockmith's name?
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does Dick use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
Dick's view of future earth is what is called a dystopian vision. Discuss what is meant by dystopian? How does Dick show his dystopian vision in his settings and characters?
Essay Topic 3
Look at the structure of the novel.
1) How does Dick use character and dialogue to drive the narrative?
2) Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the novel's themes?
3) Aside from the main character, examine the way Dick uses the other characters in the story. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)