|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the two men tell Fred are competing with each other in his brain?
2. What does Fred wish was in the police building?
3. Where does Fred go before his meeting with Hank?
4. Who does Barris identify himself as?
5. Who saved the wolf?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the hemphisperes similar to hands?
2. What is Arctor's excuse to the locksmith for his awful behavior on the phone?
3. What is the Game?
4. Why is Fred going to be paid less in his next month's salary?
5. How does Barris react to Luckman choking?
6. What does Fred see Barris doing with mushrooms?
7. What do the women tell Fred in the cafeteria?
8. What artifacts does Freck decide to leave behind when he commits suicide?
9. In what way can the reader see Connie as a pitiful character?
10. What advice does Mike give Bruce?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Dick's life. In what way do you think his life and personality are reflected in the book? In what ways is he like or unlike the main character?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does Dick's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
Essay Topic 3
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1970s? How does Dick express these concerns?
2) In what ways do you think the novel's meaning would change if it were set in today's society?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)