|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the people using to pick up the microdots?
2. What does Donna say she and Mike have created by setting up Arctor?
3. What does the poem say the worm eats?
4. What kind of medication does Bruce ask for?
5. What does Donna do with the stamps?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare drug research in the 1970s to drug research today. How would the book's depiction of drugs change if Dick wrote it today?
Essay Topic 2
Pick two characters from the novel and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Dick's writing style. How would you describe Dick's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? Does he use any specific writing techniques? What meaning does Dick's style give to the story?
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)