|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What poem does Arctor recite at the locksmith's?
2. What does Ellen suggest Fred use?
3. What book is the phrase through a mirror darkly from?
4. What do the medical officers ask Fred to give them?
5. What does Arctor presume the $20 the locksmith wants is for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What story does Bruce tell Thelma?
2. What advice does Mike give Bruce?
3. Why does Donna claim she does not have sex with anyone?
4. What do the women tell Fred in the cafeteria?
5. Why is Arctor called Bruce in this chapter?
6. What do Arctor and his roommates say about Donna?
7. How is Arctor's car radio different from Barris' car radio?
8. What does Fred see Barris doing with mushrooms?
9. How does Barris react to Luckman choking?
10. What is Donna's substitute for sexual relations?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dick wrote A SCANNER DARKLY in the 1970s, but set it in 1994. Do you think it is an accurate portrayal of the future? What happened in the 1970s that suggested the future would evolve in that way?
Essay Topic 2
Pick two characters from the novel and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
Compare drug research in the 1970s to drug research today. How would the book's depiction of drugs change if Dick wrote it today?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)