|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of car does Donna drive?
2. What does Freck do when he thinks about all his friends who are junkies?
3. What kind of medication does Bruce ask for?
4. Which part of the brain provides back up?
5. What is the lockmith's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the hemphisperes similar to hands?
2. Why is Fred going to be paid less in his next month's salary?
3. Why does Arctor have sex with Connie?
4. What is the Game?
5. What is Arctor's excuse to the locksmith for his awful behavior on the phone?
6. What do the women tell Fred in the cafeteria?
7. What artifacts does Freck decide to leave behind when he commits suicide?
8. What story does Bruce tell Thelma?
9. What advice does Mike give Bruce?
10. What does Barris tell Hank and Fred about Arctor's recent behavior?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does Dick's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
Essay Topic 2
Dick's view of future earth is what is called a dystopian vision. Discuss what is meant by dystopian? How does Dick show his dystopian vision in his settings and characters?
Essay Topic 3
Examine counter culture in America.
1) What is counter culture and how was counter culture in the 1970s different from counter culture today?
2) Why is A SCANNER DARKLY seen as a counter culture book?
3) How does Dick show the clash between the counter culture and normal society and how does this clash affect society in general?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)