|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Fred go before his meeting with Hank?
2. How does Arctor say his best friend died?
3. Who does Arctor imagine Connie is?
4. What is the name of the game the staff teaches the New-Path residents?
5. Which character chokes on food?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Fred's medical report about his current condition?
2. How is Arctor's car radio different from Barris' car radio?
3. What is the Game?
4. What is Arctor's excuse to the locksmith for his awful behavior on the phone?
5. How does Barris react to Luckman choking?
6. What does Barris tell Hank and Fred about Arctor's recent behavior?
7. What does Fred think about Arctor in Chapter 12?
8. Why is Arctor called Bruce in this chapter?
9. What is Donna's substitute for sexual relations?
10. Why does Arctor think he should kill Barris?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What kind of person does an undercover cop need to be? Why does Bob Arctor not make a successful undercover cop?
Essay Topic 2
Philip K. Dick greatly influenced modern literature and, in particular, science fiction. Choose a book written after the novel that you think was influenced by Dick and discuss there similarities in terms of
Essay Topic 3
Dick's view of future earth is what is called a dystopian vision. Discuss what is meant by dystopian? How does Dick show his dystopian vision in his settings and characters?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)