|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the book Arctor takes off the shelf?
2. Which part of the brain provides back up?
3. What do Fred's fellow agents say Barris' mushroom is likely to be?
4. What does Donna say she is like inside?
5. What is the lockmith's name?
Essay Topic 1
Look at the structure of the novel.
1) How does Dick use character and dialogue to drive the narrative?
2) Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the novel's themes?
3) Aside from the main character, examine the way Dick uses the other characters in the story. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 2
Choose two of the following and examine how it affects the tone of the novel and helps to express characters and themes:
2) Point of view
Essay Topic 3
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does Dick's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)