|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Arctor walk to?
2. Where does Arctor take a Yellow Cab to?
3. Who does Barris identify himself as?
4. What does Arctor think Barris may have given him?
5. Who does Fred wonder had bad breath?
Short Essay Questions
1. What story does Bruce tell Thelma?
2. What advice does Mike give Bruce?
3. Why is Fred going to be paid less in his next month's salary?
4. What artifacts does Freck decide to leave behind when he commits suicide?
5. How does Donna make up with Arctor?
6. What is Donna's substitute for sexual relations?
7. Why does Arctor think he should kill Barris?
8. What do Arctor and his roommates say about Donna?
9. What does Fred think about Arctor in Chapter 12?
10. Why is Arctor called Bruce in this chapter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is it important that drug addiction is addressed by someone who has experienced it? Do you think America has ever seriously addressed people like Dick's views on drugs?
Essay Topic 2
Choose two of the following and examine how it affects the tone of the novel and helps to express characters and themes:
2) Point of view
Essay Topic 3
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1970s? How does Dick express these concerns?
2) In what ways do you think the novel's meaning would change if it were set in today's society?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)