|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellen suggest Fred use?
2. Why does Freck leave Arctor's house?
3. What does Arctor give Connie in exchange for sex?
4. What does Arctor think Barris may have given him?
5. What are Arctor and Barris working on when Freck arrives?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the women tell Fred in the cafeteria?
2. What artifacts does Freck decide to leave behind when he commits suicide?
3. What does Fred think about Arctor in Chapter 12?
4. What is the difference between Arctor as an informant and Barris as an informant?
5. How does Barris react to Luckman choking?
6. What does Fred see Barris doing with mushrooms?
7. Why is Fred going to be paid less in his next month's salary?
8. What does Barris tell Hank and Fred about Arctor's recent behavior?
9. What is Arctor's excuse to the locksmith for his awful behavior on the phone?
10. What story does Bruce tell Thelma?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does Dick use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
Why is it important that drug addiction is addressed by someone who has experienced it? Do you think America has ever seriously addressed people like Dick's views on drugs?
Essay Topic 3
Dick wrote A SCANNER DARKLY in the 1970s, but set it in 1994. Do you think it is an accurate portrayal of the future? What happened in the 1970s that suggested the future would evolve in that way?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)