|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fred eat in the cafeteria?
2. What does Arctor say he saw people searching for?
3. What is Barris reading a book about?
4. What country was Fred's uncle born in?
5. How does Arctor say his best friend died?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Fred see Barris doing with mushrooms?
2. In what way can the reader see Connie as a pitiful character?
3. What is Arctor's excuse to the locksmith for his awful behavior on the phone?
4. What does Arctor tell Luckman he saw when he drove by the Maylar Microdot Corporation Building?
5. What does Fred's medical report about his current condition?
6. Why is Arctor called Bruce in this chapter?
7. How is Arctor's car radio different from Barris' car radio?
8. What does Fred think about Arctor in Chapter 12?
9. What does Fred see on the holoscan when he watches himself having sex with Connie?
10. Why are the hemphisperes similar to hands?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Dick's life. In what way do you think his life and personality are reflected in the book? In what ways is he like or unlike the main character?
Essay Topic 2
A SCANNER DARKLY is part of the science fiction genre.
1) What are the conventions of the genre in terms of character, language and plot?
2) In what way did the novel help to set the template for similar novels? Do modern novels still use the ideas used in A SCANNER DARKLY?
Essay Topic 3
What kind of person does an undercover cop need to be? Why does Bob Arctor not make a successful undercover cop?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)