|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language does Arctor use to recite the poetry?
2. What film do Donna and Arctor discuss?
3. What does Arctor say he saw people searching for?
4. What does Luckman claim Donna likes to steal?
5. What does Freck joke about Barris owning?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Barris react to Luckman choking?
2. What does Barris tell Hank and Fred about Arctor's recent behavior?
3. How is Arctor's car radio different from Barris' car radio?
4. What does Fred see on the holoscan when he watches himself having sex with Connie?
5. How does Donna make up with Arctor?
6. What artifacts does Freck decide to leave behind when he commits suicide?
7. What is Arctor's excuse to the locksmith for his awful behavior on the phone?
8. What do the women tell Fred in the cafeteria?
9. Why are the hemphisperes similar to hands?
10. What do Arctor and his roommates say about Donna?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does Dick use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
Compare drug research in the 1970s to drug research today. How would the book's depiction of drugs change if Dick wrote it today?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Dick's life. In what way do you think his life and personality are reflected in the book? In what ways is he like or unlike the main character?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)