|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Connie morph into?
2. What is the name of the game the staff teaches the New-Path residents?
3. What drugs does Fred take in the bathroom?
4. What does Arctor think Barris may have given him?
5. What does Freck try to overdose on?
Essay Topic 1
Pick two characters from the novel and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 2
Examine counter culture in America.
1) What is counter culture and how was counter culture in the 1970s different from counter culture today?
2) Why is A SCANNER DARKLY seen as a counter culture book?
3) How does Dick show the clash between the counter culture and normal society and how does this clash affect society in general?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the characters in the book and compare him/her to their character in the film A SCANNER DARKLY. What similarities does the character in the film share with its counterpart in the novel? How do the filmmakers update the character for a more modern audience? Why are these changes necessary?
This section contains 942 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)