|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Donan say came into her shop looking for Arctor?
2. What has Barris left for Donna?
3. What has Barris promised to fix?
4. What tipped the men off to the fact Fred had a hempishere split?
5. What has Barris made his silencer from?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Arctor use Donna?
2. What is the difference between Arctor as an informant and Barris as an informant?
3. How does Donna make up with Arctor?
4. What does Fred see on the holoscan when he watches himself having sex with Connie?
5. Why are the hemphisperes similar to hands?
6. What is Donna's substitute for sexual relations?
7. Why did Fred become an undercover narcotics agent?
8. How did Thelma become a reminder to the three men about how straights are their foes?
9. What does Arctor ruminate about the relationship between dealers and narcotics agents?
10. What happens if the right hemisphere takes control of someone's brain?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dick was a drug addict and it is said that A SCANNER DARKLY is semi-autobiographical, adhering to the rule that writers should write about what they know. Do you think it is obvious that Dick knows his subject? What difference do you think it makes to the story? Are there any moments where you think Dick does not portray a character or setting so well? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 2
Philip K. Dick greatly influenced modern literature and, in particular, science fiction. Choose a book written after the novel that you think was influenced by Dick and discuss there similarities in terms of
Essay Topic 3
What kind of person does an undercover cop need to be? Why does Bob Arctor not make a successful undercover cop?
This section contains 1,500 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)