|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the silencer no good?
2. What has Barris promised to fix?
3. What did Thelma want the three men to destroy?
4. Where does Charles say Jerry is staying?
5. What do straights think Arctor looks like?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Fred become an undercover narcotics agent?
2. What does Arctor accuse Barris of?
3. How did Thelma become a reminder to the three men about how straights are their foes?
4. How does Jerry try to get rid of the aphids?
5. What tipped the medical staff off to the fact that Fred had a hemisphere split?
6. Describe Jerry's life.
7. What happens if the right hemisphere takes control of someone's brain?
8. How does Arctor make sure his roommates are away from the house for the whole day?
9. What does Charles remember from the time he and Jerry were roommates?
10. What is a scramble suit?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick two characters from the novel and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Dick's life. In what way do you think his life and personality are reflected in the book? In what ways is he like or unlike the main character?
Essay Topic 3
A SCANNER DARKLY is part of the science fiction genre.
1) What are the conventions of the genre in terms of character, language and plot?
2) In what way did the novel help to set the template for similar novels? Do modern novels still use the ideas used in A SCANNER DARKLY?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)