|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the 13-year -ld kid that tried to hold up a Pontiac?
2. What has Barris made his silencer from?
3. How does Kinberly react when Arctor offers to take her to a friend's?
4. What does Barris want to write a best selling book about?
5. What kind of drug does Arctor ask Donna for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why don't Kimberly neighbors like the apartment building they live in?
2. What does Arctor accuse Barris of?
3. What happens if the right hemisphere takes control of someone's brain?
4. Why does Donna decline to go and see Jerry at the clinic?
5. What does Fred say that is not part of his prepared text?
6. Why did Fred become an undercover narcotics agent?
7. How did Thelma become a reminder to the three men about how straights are their foes?
8. What does Hank tell Fred he should do every few days?
9. Why does Barris not trust Arctor?
10. Why did Arctor's roomates visit Donna at her shop?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick two characters from the novel and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Dick's representations of the following areas and decide how close Dick's representations are to the real thing and how Dick makes his representations seem and feel real:
1) Drug addiction
2) Undercover police work
3) Drug dealing
Essay Topic 3
Philip K. Dick greatly influenced modern literature and, in particular, science fiction. Choose a book written after the novel that you think was influenced by Dick and discuss there similarities in terms of
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)