|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Arctor use to disguise his voice?
2. What animal does Fred say he sees in the drawing?
3. Where is Fred summoned to after his meeting with Hank?
4. What does Barris say he will help Charles do for 98 cents?
5. What do straights think Arctor looks like?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Arctor's roomates visit Donna at her shop?
2. Why don't Kimberly neighbors like the apartment building they live in?
3. What tipped the medical staff off to the fact that Fred had a hemisphere split?
4. Why does Fred have to visit Room 203?
5. Why does Donna decline to go and see Jerry at the clinic?
6. What does Arctor ruminate about the relationship between dealers and narcotics agents?
7. Who does Arctor have to find at the end of the chapter?
8. How do Arctor and his roommates become paranoid when they arrive home?
9. What does Hank tell Fred he should do every few days?
10. What is a scramble suit?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dick was a drug addict and it is said that A SCANNER DARKLY is semi-autobiographical, adhering to the rule that writers should write about what they know. Do you think it is obvious that Dick knows his subject? What difference do you think it makes to the story? Are there any moments where you think Dick does not portray a character or setting so well? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 2
Dick wrote A SCANNER DARKLY in the 1970s, but set it in 1994. Do you think it is an accurate portrayal of the future? What happened in the 1970s that suggested the future would evolve in that way?
Essay Topic 3
What kind of person does an undercover cop need to be? Why does Bob Arctor not make a successful undercover cop?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)