|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Fred think informed the police that he was a suspicious character?
2. What drug do Barris, Arctor and Luckman take?
3. What does Dan Mancher do for a living?
4. What was Fabin's older brother according to Luckman's comedy routine?
5. What does Fabin use to collect the bugs?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Luckman's comedy routine?
2. What do Hank and Fred discuss at their meeting?
3. What tipped the medical staff off to the fact that Fred had a hemisphere split?
4. Why don't Kimberly neighbors like the apartment building they live in?
5. Why does Arctor think someone may have tampered with his car?
6. What is a scramble suit?
7. Why does an anonymous caller say he is suspicious of Arctor?
8. Why does Fred have to visit Room 203?
9. Why did Arctor's roomates visit Donna at her shop?
10. What does Arctor ruminate about the relationship between dealers and narcotics agents?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick two characters from the novel and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Dick's representations of the following areas and decide how close Dick's representations are to the real thing and how Dick makes his representations seem and feel real:
1) Drug addiction
2) Undercover police work
3) Drug dealing
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does Dick use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)