Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Hank ask Fred to monitor closely?
2. Why do some drug dealers become narks?
3. Where does Freck think he should go for detoxification?
4. What should Fred have done to find out the number of gears on the bike instead of adding the number of gears on the front tire?
5. What is the name of the agent Fred meets?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Arctor have sex with Connie?
2. How does Barris make cocaine from the Solarcaine?
3. Why are the hemphisperes similar to hands?
4. What artifacts does Freck decide to leave behind when he commits suicide?
5. How does Arctor make sure his roommates are away from the house for the whole day?
6. Why does an anonymous caller say he is suspicious of Arctor?
7. How is Arctor's car radio different from Barris' car radio?
8. Summarize the story.
9. Why is Fred going to be paid less in his next month's salary?
10. Why don't Kimberly neighbors like the apartment building they live in?
Compare drug research in the 1970s to drug research today. How would the book's depiction of drugs change if Dick wrote it today?
Philip K. Dick greatly influenced modern literature and, in particular, science fiction. Choose a book written after the novel that you think was influenced by Dick and discuss there similarities in terms of
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does Dick's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)