|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Barris left for Donna?
2. What does Barris want to write a best selling book about?
3. What does Fabin use to collect the bugs?
4. Who does Fred think informed the police that he was a suspicious character?
5. What does Arctor use to disguise his voice?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Fred become an undercover narcotics agent?
2. Why does Arctor think someone may have tampered with his car?
3. Why does Donna decline to go and see Jerry at the clinic?
4. What does Arctor ruminate about the relationship between dealers and narcotics agents?
5. What does Fred say that is not part of his prepared text?
6. What is a scramble suit?
7. Who does Arctor have to find at the end of the chapter?
8. Why don't Kimberly neighbors like the apartment building they live in?
9. What problems does Arctor have with his car on the way home?
10. Describe Jerry's life.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Dick's writing style. How would you describe Dick's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? Does he use any specific writing techniques? What meaning does Dick's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 2
What kind of person does an undercover cop need to be? Why does Bob Arctor not make a successful undercover cop?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does Dick's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)