|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Arctor have to edit himself out of the tapes?
2. What is the animal in the drawing?
3. What does Arctor use to disguise his voice?
4. What did Thelma want the three men to destroy?
5. What does Arctor mix the Solarcaine with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Donna decline to go and see Jerry at the clinic?
2. What do Hank and Fred discuss at their meeting?
3. How does Arctor use Donna?
4. How does Arctor make sure his roommates are away from the house for the whole day?
5. What happens if the right hemisphere takes control of someone's brain?
6. What does Fred say that is not part of his prepared text?
7. How did Thelma become a reminder to the three men about how straights are their foes?
8. How does Jerry try to get rid of the aphids?
9. Who does Arctor have to find at the end of the chapter?
10. Why did Arctor's roomates visit Donna at her shop?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose two of the following and examine how it affects the tone of the novel and helps to express characters and themes:
2) Point of view
Essay Topic 2
Examine Dick's representations of the following areas and decide how close Dick's representations are to the real thing and how Dick makes his representations seem and feel real:
1) Drug addiction
2) Undercover police work
3) Drug dealing
Essay Topic 3
Examine Dick's writing style. How would you describe Dick's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? Does he use any specific writing techniques? What meaning does Dick's style give to the story?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)