|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Fred think informed the police that he was a suspicious character?
2. What do the three men find in the ashtray when they get back home?
3. Who does Freck want to make look like a fool?
4. What does Fabin frequently spray himself with?
5. What does Fabin believe is plaguing him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems does Arctor have with his car on the way home?
2. How does Charles plan to get Donna into bed?
3. What does Arctor accuse Barris of?
4. Why don't Kimberly neighbors like the apartment building they live in?
5. What does Hank tell Fred he should do every few days?
6. How did Thelma become a reminder to the three men about how straights are their foes?
7. What does Fred say that is not part of his prepared text?
8. Describe Luckman's comedy routine?
9. What do Hank and Fred discuss at their meeting?
10. What is a scramble suit?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Dick's writing style. How would you describe Dick's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? Does he use any specific writing techniques? What meaning does Dick's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 2
Dick's view of future earth is what is called a dystopian vision. Discuss what is meant by dystopian? How does Dick show his dystopian vision in his settings and characters?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does Dick use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)