|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book does Fabin use to research bugs?
2. Who does Freck want to make look like a fool?
3. What type of bugs does Fabin believe is plaguing him?
4. How do some narks become very rich?
5. What does Barris say he has rigged under the couch?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Charles remember from the time he and Jerry were roommates?
2. What does Hank tell Fred he should do every few days?
3. How does Jerry try to get rid of the aphids?
4. Why does Fred have to visit Room 203?
5. What tipped the medical staff off to the fact that Fred had a hemisphere split?
6. Describe Luckman's comedy routine?
7. How does Arctor use Donna?
8. What is a scramble suit?
9. What happens if the right hemisphere takes control of someone's brain?
10. Why don't Kimberly neighbors like the apartment building they live in?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dick was a drug addict and it is said that A SCANNER DARKLY is semi-autobiographical, adhering to the rule that writers should write about what they know. Do you think it is obvious that Dick knows his subject? What difference do you think it makes to the story? Are there any moments where you think Dick does not portray a character or setting so well? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 2
What kind of person does an undercover cop need to be? Why does Bob Arctor not make a successful undercover cop?
Essay Topic 3
Philip K. Dick greatly influenced modern literature and, in particular, science fiction. Choose a book written after the novel that you think was influenced by Dick and discuss there similarities in terms of
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)