|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Candy get defensive towards Spenser after she returns from her dinner date?
2. Why do Candy and Spenser go to Candy's house the day after Samuelson's visit?
3. What does Candy think that Peter Brewster believes?
4. What does Candy tell Samuelson about the bribe?
5. What best describes the way Spenser spends his days in Chapter 22?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Spenser and Peter Brewster are portrayed as very powerful and competent men.
1) Compare and contrast these two characters.
2) Explain how each furthers the character development of the other.
3) Analyze Candy's attraction to both of these characters.
Essay Topic 2
Susan is an absent character who is only referred to in the story.
1) How would the novel be different if this character did not exist?
2) How would the novel be different if this character was present at events in the novel?
3) How would the novel be different if the lead character was a woman, and Spenser was the absent boyfriend?
Essay Topic 3
The relationships in A Savage Place are a bit complex. Answer the following questions on the relationships that follow.
1) How is Spenser's ability to act as a bodyguard affected once he has sex with Candy?
2) How is the reader's perception of Spenser based on his relationships with others?
3) Does Candy use the men she is involved with, or does she genuinely care for them?
This section contains 1,106 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)