Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Spenser go after Candy is told to stop investigating the corruption story?
2. Who does Spenser find dead after he locates Peter Brewster's car?
3. Who arrives when Candy is questioning Sam Felton?
4. Where does Detective Samuelson take Spenser at the end of the novel?
5. Who fires Spenser?
Spenser and Peter Brewster are portrayed as very powerful and competent men.
1) Compare and contrast these two characters.
2) Explain how each furthers the character development of the other.
3) Analyze Candy's attraction to both of these characters.
Uncovering corruption in A Savage Place has dire consequences for Candy and others.
1) Which characters best represent corruption in the novel?
2) How do the title and setting support the theme of corruption in the story?
3) How do Candy and Spenser's willingness to defy authority help or hinder her attempt to uncover the corruption in the film industry?
Ambition seems to fuel many elements of A Savage Place. Candy's ambition, in particular, to succeed at her job seems to lead her to her death. How would the story be different if Candy's main motivation was to right a wrong, rather than to pursue her career?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)