|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Spenser call at the end of Chapter 17?
2. Where does Candy invite Spenser in Chapter 22?
3. Why does a news crew come to Peter Brewster's office?
4. How are Simms and Franco connected?
5. Who does Spenser find dead after he locates Peter Brewster's car?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the connection between Peter Brewster and Sam Felton?
2. Why does Candy refuse to let Spenser console her in Chapter 12?
3. Does Candy feel safe around Peter Brewster?
4. What indications are there that Candy and Spenser are in danger at Sam Felton's house?
5. How does Spenser try to keep Candy safe from Peter Brewster?
6. What are Spenser's feelings about Candy's relationship with Peter Brewster?
7. Why does Spenser lock himself in the office with Brewster and Simms?
8. Why do Candy and Spenser go to visit Sam Felton?
9. What leads Spenser to suspect that Sam Felton is behind the attacks on Candy?
10. What does Spenser do after finding Candy's dead body?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ambition seems to fuel many elements of A Savage Place. Candy's ambition, in particular, to succeed at her job seems to lead her to her death. How would the story be different if Candy's main motivation was to right a wrong, rather than to pursue her career?
Essay Topic 2
Is Candy more logical or emotional by nature? Support your answer with examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 3
The symbolism of the novel as a scene in a movie is supported with car chases, agents, and good-looking LA reporters.
1) What symbolic element in the book best represents the underlying movie industry theme of A Savage Place?
2) What symbolic elements best denotes the gap between appearance and morality in the book?
3) What symbolic element, if it was not included in the novel, would have the greatest impact in its absence, and why?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)