|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is revealed to have been a collection agent for a loan shark?
2. Who do Candy and Spenser suspect keeps sending the thugs after them?
3. Where does Spenser go, after finding the dead bodies?
4. How are Simms and Franco connected?
5. What best describes Sam Felton as he answers Candy's questions?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the importance of Spenser teaching Candy how to shoot a gun?
2. How do Candy and Spenser get into Sam Felton's house?
3. Why do Candy and Spenser go to visit Sam Felton?
4. What are Spenser's feelings about Candy's relationship with Peter Brewster?
5. Why does Candy refuse to let Spenser console her in Chapter 12?
6. Does Spenser respect Candy?
7. What indications are there that Candy and Spenser are in danger at Sam Felton's house?
8. Does Candy feel safe around Peter Brewster?
9. Describe Franco's visit to Sam Felton's house.
10. Why does Candy hinder the police investigation into Mickey Rafferty's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sex in A Savage Place is used, much like murder, as a means to an end.
1) What does Spenser and Candy's one night stand represent?
2) How is the fact that Candy and Peter Brewster have sex important to the pace of the story?
3) How are sex, murder and the movie industry connected in this novel?
Essay Topic 2
The character of Spenser is one used by author Robert B. Parker in a numerous series of novels. What is it about the character of Spenser that makes readers want to read about him more than once? Discuss the specific character traits that make Spenser likable and easy for readers to relate to.
Essay Topic 3
How do the downfalls of characters like Candy, Peter Brewster, Mickey Rafferty, and others equate to morality and appearances?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)