|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Spenser suggest that Franco killed Felton, in response to Candy's suspicion?
2. What does the news crew do at Peter Brewster's office?
3. Why doesn't Candy want to talk to Samuelson?
4. What best describes the way Spenser spends his days in Chapter 22?
5. What does Spenser hear after finding Peter Brewster's car the night of the meeting with Franco?
Essay Topic 1
Is Candy more logical or emotional by nature? Support your answer with examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Uncovering corruption in A Savage Place has dire consequences for Candy and others.
1) Which characters best represent corruption in the novel?
2) How do the title and setting support the theme of corruption in the story?
3) How do Candy and Spenser's willingness to defy authority help or hinder her attempt to uncover the corruption in the film industry?
Essay Topic 3
Sex in A Savage Place is used, much like murder, as a means to an end.
1) What does Spenser and Candy's one night stand represent?
2) How is the fact that Candy and Peter Brewster have sex important to the pace of the story?
3) How are sex, murder and the movie industry connected in this novel?
This section contains 1,102 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)