|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Candy get defensive towards Spenser after she returns from her dinner date?
2. Where does Spenser follow Candy and Peter Brewster on the night someone plans to meet with Franco?
3. What does Spenser tell Peter Brewster that Brewster is going to do?
4. What does Candy tell Samuelson about the bribe?
5. What was Sam Felton's involvement in the corruption?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Spenser try to keep Candy safe from Peter Brewster?
2. Why does Spenser refuse the extra week's pay he is offered by Candy's boss?
3. What prediction does Spenser make about Franco, and what is it's result?
4. How do Candy and Spenser get into Sam Felton's house?
5. What is the connection between Peter Brewster and Sam Felton?
6. What are Spenser's feelings about Candy's relationship with Peter Brewster?
7. How does Candy feel about using sex to get information from Peter Brewster?
8. Describe what happens when Spenser confronts Brewster at the Oceania offices.
9. Why do Candy and Spenser go to visit Sam Felton?
10. Does Spenser respect Candy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How are exploitation, morality, and success interwoven in characters and themes in a Savage Place?
Essay Topic 2
Candy and Susan are used to represent different aspects of femininity as the only two women in A Savage Place. Compare and contrast these two woman and their impact on the story, and the author's message about women in the world today.
Essay Topic 3
Violence in A Savage Place is often used with a purpose, on the part of the author. Select 2-3 issues of violence in the novel and analyze their effect on the story in ways that might include character and plot development, contrast, purpose and other literary techniques.
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)