|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Spenser nearly run off by police after reporting the murder?
2. What do Candy and Spenser argue about after Samuelson leaves?
3. What did Peter Brewster do when he found out about Roger Hammond's financial problems?
4. Where does Candy invite Spenser in Chapter 22?
5. What best describes the roles Candy assigns herself and Spenser in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. What leads Spenser to suspect that Sam Felton is behind the attacks on Candy?
2. Describe what happens when Spenser confronts Brewster at the Oceania offices.
3. Why does Spenser refuse the extra week's pay he is offered by Candy's boss?
4. What indications are there that Candy and Spenser are in danger at Sam Felton's house?
5. Which characters in the novel get what they deserve?
6. Does Spenser respect Candy?
7. How does Candy feel about using sex to get information from Peter Brewster?
8. Why do Candy and Spenser go to visit Sam Felton?
9. What does Spenser do after finding Candy's dead body?
10. Why does Spenser decide to tell Detective Samuelson about the bribe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How are exploitation, morality, and success interwoven in characters and themes in a Savage Place?
Essay Topic 2
Candy and Susan are used to represent different aspects of femininity as the only two women in A Savage Place. Compare and contrast these two woman and their impact on the story, and the author's message about women in the world today.
Essay Topic 3
How are the pace and tone of a Savage Place impacted by literary techniques like foreshadowing, contrast, and setting?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)