|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gets charged with withholding information in Chapter 18?
2. Where does Spenser go, after finding the dead bodies?
3. Where does Sam Felton invite Spenser and Candy, in Chapter 16?
4. By the end of Chapter 18, who does Spenser suspect of being behind the bribes, murders, and the attacks on Candy?
5. What is the first thing that Sam Felton does when Spenser and Candy join him, after his invitation, in Chapter 17?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Spenser lock himself in the office with Brewster and Simms?
2. What leads Spenser to suspect that Sam Felton is behind the attacks on Candy?
3. Describe the events leading to Candy's death at the oil field.
4. What does Candy learn about the corruption investigation from Peter Brewster?
5. What leads Spenser to suspect that Franco is running the corruption scheme?
6. Why do Candy and Spenser go to visit Sam Felton?
7. Why does Spenser go to Peter Brewster's office after Candy is killed?
8. Why does Spenser decide to tell Detective Samuelson about the bribe?
9. Does Candy feel safe around Peter Brewster?
10. How does Candy react to being told to stop working on the corruption investigation story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do the downfalls of characters like Candy, Peter Brewster, Mickey Rafferty, and others equate to morality and appearances?
Essay Topic 2
How are exploitation, morality, and success interwoven in characters and themes in a Savage Place?
Essay Topic 3
Ambition seems to fuel many elements of A Savage Place. Candy's ambition, in particular, to succeed at her job seems to lead her to her death. How would the story be different if Candy's main motivation was to right a wrong, rather than to pursue her career?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)