|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Spenser suggest that Franco killed Felton, in response to Candy's suspicion?
2. What does Spenser think about the possibility that Peter Brewster might harm Candy?
3. What does Candy decide to reveal to the police about Mickey's involvement in the corruption investigation in Chapter 16?
4. How are Spenser and Candy received at the place they look for Sam Felton, in Chapter 16?
5. Why does a news crew come to Peter Brewster's office?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the events leading to Candy's death at the oil field.
2. Describe what happens when Spenser confronts Brewster at the Oceania offices.
3. What does Spenser do after finding Candy's dead body?
4. Describe Spenser's relationship with Detective Samuelson.
5. Why does Candy hinder the police investigation into Mickey Rafferty's death?
6. Describe Franco's visit to Sam Felton's house.
7. How does Candy react to being told to stop working on the corruption investigation story?
8. Why does Spenser decide to tell Detective Samuelson about the bribe?
9. Why do Candy and Spenser go to visit Sam Felton?
10. What is the connection between Peter Brewster and Sam Felton?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The character of Spenser is one used by author Robert B. Parker in a numerous series of novels. What is it about the character of Spenser that makes readers want to read about him more than once? Discuss the specific character traits that make Spenser likable and easy for readers to relate to.
Essay Topic 2
How are the pace and tone of a Savage Place impacted by literary techniques like foreshadowing, contrast, and setting?
Essay Topic 3
How do the downfalls of characters like Candy, Peter Brewster, Mickey Rafferty, and others equate to morality and appearances?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)