|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Spenser tell to call Detective Samuelson?
2. What does Candy tell Spenser that Peter Brewster has when they have dinner together in Chapter 23?
3. What does Candy tell Samuelson about the bribe?
4. What do Candy and Spenser argue about after Samuelson leaves?
5. What was Sam Felton's involvement in the corruption?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the connection between Peter Brewster and Sam Felton?
2. What prediction does Spenser make about Franco, and what is it's result?
3. What are Spenser's feelings about Candy's relationship with Peter Brewster?
4. Why does Spenser lock himself in the office with Brewster and Simms?
5. Does Spenser respect Candy?
6. Why does Candy hinder the police investigation into Mickey Rafferty's death?
7. Why does Spenser decide to tell Detective Samuelson about the bribe?
8. How does Candy react to being told to stop working on the corruption investigation story?
9. How do Candy and Spenser get into Sam Felton's house?
10. Describe what happens when Spenser confronts Brewster at the Oceania offices.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How are the pace and tone of a Savage Place impacted by literary techniques like foreshadowing, contrast, and setting?
Essay Topic 2
Candy and Susan are used to represent different aspects of femininity as the only two women in A Savage Place. Compare and contrast these two woman and their impact on the story, and the author's message about women in the world today.
Essay Topic 3
Rejection of authority in A Savage Place is an important theme in both character and plot development. Analyze the importance of each character's response to authority in the story: Spenser, Candy, the mob, Sam Felton and Peter Brewster.
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)