|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Candy and Spenser plan to go talk to, after hearing the message about Felton?
2. How does Spenser respond to the offer he receives from the person in Chapter 19?
3. Where does Sam Felton invite Spenser and Candy, in Chapter 16?
4. Why does a news crew come to Peter Brewster's office?
5. Who does Spenser say is planning to kill Franco?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Candy and Susan are used to represent different aspects of femininity as the only two women in A Savage Place. Compare and contrast these two woman and their impact on the story, and the author's message about women in the world today.
Essay Topic 2
Rejection of authority in A Savage Place is an important theme in both character and plot development. Analyze the importance of each character's response to authority in the story: Spenser, Candy, the mob, Sam Felton and Peter Brewster.
Essay Topic 3
Susan is an absent character who is only referred to in the story.
1) How would the novel be different if this character did not exist?
2) How would the novel be different if this character was present at events in the novel?
3) How would the novel be different if the lead character was a woman, and Spenser was the absent boyfriend?
This section contains 1,055 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)