|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kills the young blond man in Chapter 17?
2. Who do Candy and Spenser plan to go talk to, after hearing the message about Felton?
3. What does Candy think that Peter Brewster believes?
4. What does Spenser place between the cushions of his seat while Candy questions Sam Felton?
5. How does Spenser respond to the offer he receives from the person in Chapter 19?
Essay Topic 1
Violence in A Savage Place is often used with a purpose, on the part of the author. Select 2-3 issues of violence in the novel and analyze their effect on the story in ways that might include character and plot development, contrast, purpose and other literary techniques.
Essay Topic 2
The character of Spenser is one used by author Robert B. Parker in a numerous series of novels. What is it about the character of Spenser that makes readers want to read about him more than once? Discuss the specific character traits that make Spenser likable and easy for readers to relate to.
Essay Topic 3
Susan is an absent character who is only referred to in the story.
1) How would the novel be different if this character did not exist?
2) How would the novel be different if this character was present at events in the novel?
3) How would the novel be different if the lead character was a woman, and Spenser was the absent boyfriend?
This section contains 1,060 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)