Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Spenser go after Candy is told to stop investigating the corruption story?
2. Who does Spenser find dead after he locates Peter Brewster's car?
3. Who arrives when Candy is questioning Sam Felton?
4. Where does Detective Samuelson take Spenser at the end of the novel?
5. Who fires Spenser?
Essay Topic 1
Uncovering corruption in A Savage Place has dire consequences for Candy and others.
1) Which characters best represent corruption in the novel?
2) How do the title and setting support the theme of corruption in the story?
3) How do Candy and Spenser's willingness to defy authority help or hinder her attempt to uncover the corruption in the film industry?
Essay Topic 2
The symbolism of the novel as a scene in a movie is supported with car chases, agents, and good-looking LA reporters.
1) What symbolic element in the book best represents the underlying movie industry theme of A Savage Place?
2) What symbolic elements best denotes the gap between appearance and morality in the book?
3) What symbolic element, if it was not included in the novel, would have the greatest impact in its absence, and why?
Essay Topic 3
Is there a double standard between Spenser, as a man, and Candy, as a woman, in this novel?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)