Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Spenser go after Candy is told to stop investigating the corruption story?
2. Who does Spenser find dead after he locates Peter Brewster's car?
3. Who arrives when Candy is questioning Sam Felton?
4. Where does Detective Samuelson take Spenser at the end of the novel?
5. Who fires Spenser?
Essay Topic 1
Violence in A Savage Place is often used with a purpose, on the part of the author. Select 2-3 issues of violence in the novel and analyze their effect on the story in ways that might include character and plot development, contrast, purpose and other literary techniques.
Essay Topic 2
Susan is an absent character who is only referred to in the story.
1) How would the novel be different if this character did not exist?
2) How would the novel be different if this character was present at events in the novel?
3) How would the novel be different if the lead character was a woman, and Spenser was the absent boyfriend?
Essay Topic 3
Uncovering corruption in A Savage Place has dire consequences for Candy and others.
1) Which characters best represent corruption in the novel?
2) How do the title and setting support the theme of corruption in the story?
3) How do Candy and Spenser's willingness to defy authority help or hinder her attempt to uncover the corruption in the film industry?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)