Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Spenser go after Candy is told to stop investigating the corruption story?
2. Who does Spenser find dead after he locates Peter Brewster's car?
3. Who arrives when Candy is questioning Sam Felton?
4. Where does Detective Samuelson take Spenser at the end of the novel?
5. Who fires Spenser?
Essay Topic 1
Many elements of A Savage Place seem ready made for the big screen: car chases, sex, corruption and murder, all on a large scale. Imagine that the author wrote this novel, not as a detective story, but as a narrative of the event. What elements would need to be changed? Consider things like names, settings, and events in your response.
Essay Topic 2
Is there a double standard between Spenser, as a man, and Candy, as a woman, in this novel?
Essay Topic 3
Uncovering corruption in A Savage Place has dire consequences for Candy and others.
1) Which characters best represent corruption in the novel?
2) How do the title and setting support the theme of corruption in the story?
3) How do Candy and Spenser's willingness to defy authority help or hinder her attempt to uncover the corruption in the film industry?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)