|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Candy to apologize for his behavior soon after she is taken off the corruption story?
2. What does Spenser promise Detective Samuelson?
3. Who do Candy and Spenser eat lunch with at the beginning of Chapter 19?
4. Who does Spenser say killed Candy and Franco, when he is in Peter Brewster's office?
5. Where is Spenser nearly run off by police after reporting the murder?
Essay Topic 1
Ambition seems to fuel many elements of A Savage Place. Candy's ambition, in particular, to succeed at her job seems to lead her to her death. How would the story be different if Candy's main motivation was to right a wrong, rather than to pursue her career?
Essay Topic 2
Candy and Susan are used to represent different aspects of femininity as the only two women in A Savage Place. Compare and contrast these two woman and their impact on the story, and the author's message about women in the world today.
Essay Topic 3
Is Candy more logical or emotional by nature? Support your answer with examples from the novel.
This section contains 1,040 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)