|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Spenser go after Candy is told to stop investigating the corruption story?
2. Who does Spenser find dead after he locates Peter Brewster's car?
3. Who arrives when Candy is questioning Sam Felton?
4. Where does Detective Samuelson take Spenser at the end of the novel?
5. Who fires Spenser?
Essay Topic 1
How are exploitation, morality, and success interwoven in characters and themes in a Savage Place?
Essay Topic 2
Susan is an absent character who is only referred to in the story.
1) How would the novel be different if this character did not exist?
2) How would the novel be different if this character was present at events in the novel?
3) How would the novel be different if the lead character was a woman, and Spenser was the absent boyfriend?
Essay Topic 3
Rejection of authority in A Savage Place is an important theme in both character and plot development. Analyze the importance of each character's response to authority in the story: Spenser, Candy, the mob, Sam Felton and Peter Brewster.
This section contains 1,026 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)