|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Spenser lock in Peter Brewster's office?
2. Who do Candy and Spenser eat lunch with at the beginning of Chapter 19?
3. Where does Sam Felton invite Spenser and Candy, in Chapter 16?
4. Who does Spenser decide to tell about Mickey's involvement in the corruption story, in Chapter 18?
5. What does the person who tells Candy to stop working on the corruption investigation offer Spenser at the same time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the connection between Peter Brewster and Sam Felton?
2. Does Spenser respect Candy?
3. Describe Franco's known background.
4. What is the importance of Spenser teaching Candy how to shoot a gun?
5. Does Candy feel safe around Peter Brewster?
6. What does Spenser do after finding Candy's dead body?
7. Describe the events leading to Candy's death at the oil field.
8. Why does Spenser refuse the extra week's pay he is offered by Candy's boss?
9. Why does Candy hinder the police investigation into Mickey Rafferty's death?
10. Why does Spenser decide to tell Detective Samuelson about the bribe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How are the pace and tone of a Savage Place impacted by literary techniques like foreshadowing, contrast, and setting?
Essay Topic 2
Morality in A Savage Place is often shown in shades of gray rather than in black and white. Compare Spenser and Candy in regards to having a strong sense of morals. Discuss how their morality differs, if they stand up for what they believe in, and how these things impact their lives in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Susan is an absent character who is only referred to in the story.
1) How would the novel be different if this character did not exist?
2) How would the novel be different if this character was present at events in the novel?
3) How would the novel be different if the lead character was a woman, and Spenser was the absent boyfriend?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)