|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Spenser say killed Candy and Franco, when he is in Peter Brewster's office?
2. Why does a news crew come to Peter Brewster's office?
3. What best describes the way Spenser spends his days in Chapter 22?
4. Where does Sam Felton invite Spenser and Candy, in Chapter 16?
5. Why does Candy get defensive towards Spenser after she returns from her dinner date?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Candy feel safe around Peter Brewster?
2. Why does Spenser lock himself in the office with Brewster and Simms?
3. Why does Spenser go to Peter Brewster's office after Candy is killed?
4. Which characters in the novel get what they deserve?
5. Why do Candy and Spenser go to visit Sam Felton?
6. Describe the events leading to Candy's death at the oil field.
7. What does Spenser do after finding Candy's dead body?
8. How does Candy feel about using sex to get information from Peter Brewster?
9. What leads Spenser to suspect that Sam Felton is behind the attacks on Candy?
10. How do Candy and Spenser get into Sam Felton's house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ambition seems to fuel many elements of A Savage Place. Candy's ambition, in particular, to succeed at her job seems to lead her to her death. How would the story be different if Candy's main motivation was to right a wrong, rather than to pursue her career?
Essay Topic 2
How are the pace and tone of a Savage Place impacted by literary techniques like foreshadowing, contrast, and setting?
Essay Topic 3
Other than Spenser, are there any characters in the novel that can be described as trustworthy or honest? Use examples to support your answer.
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)