|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Spenser go by plane in Chapter 2?
2. Where does Spenser stay in Chapter 2?
3. Why does the person in Chapter 7 tell Candy that he believes Roger Hammond is lying?
4. What is Roger Hammond's job?
5. What is the relationship between Mickey and Candy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Candy's conversation with Peter Brewster.
2. Why does Spenser avoid the police sirens coming around the corner at the end of Chapter 7?
3. Why does Candy Sloan need a bodyguard?
4. Does Spenser have a strong sense of morals?
5. How well do Spenser and Candy work together?
6. Is Richard Hammond a powerful man?
7. Describe Richard Hammond's reaction to Candy's allegations of corruption.
8. Describe Spenser's personality.
9. Describe the relationship between Richard Hammond and the mob.
10. Is Candy's ambition a positive trait?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Other than Spenser, are there any characters in the novel that can be described as trustworthy or honest? Use examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How are the pace and tone of a Savage Place impacted by literary techniques like foreshadowing, contrast, and setting?
Essay Topic 3
How do the downfalls of characters like Candy, Peter Brewster, Mickey Rafferty, and others equate to morality and appearances?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)