|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Spenser and Candy have to wait to see Roger Hammond?
2. Who is Rachel Wallace?
3. What does Spenser suggest to Mickey in Chapter 4?
4. What does Spenser tell Candy to do when he calls her at the end of Chapter 7?
5. What does the person who calls Spenser in Chapter 3 tell him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the tone of Spenser's first conversation with Candy Sloan?
2. How does Candy feel about Spenser aiding her with the investigation?
3. How does Spenser first hear about Candy Sloan?
4. Is Spenser a sympathetic person?
5. Describe Spenser's personality.
6. Describe Candy's abduction.
7. Why does Spenser avoid the police sirens coming around the corner at the end of Chapter 7?
8. How are Candy's fears of sexism confirmed during her visit to Richard Hammond?
9. How is Mickey's hostility toward Spenser resolved?
10. Describe the relationship between Richard Hammond and the mob.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is Candy more logical or emotional by nature? Support your answer with examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Is there a double standard between Spenser, as a man, and Candy, as a woman, in this novel?
Essay Topic 3
How are exploitation, morality, and success interwoven in characters and themes in a Savage Place?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)