|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Spenser and Candy do after stopping by his hotel on the day she returns to work?
2. How does Rachel Wallace react to the way Spenser answers the phone?
3. Why does the person in Chapter 7 tell Candy that he believes Roger Hammond is lying?
4. What does Spenser suggest to Mickey in Chapter 4?
5. What did Mickey see that instigated Candy's investigation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Spenser's personality.
2. What clues does Spenser have in Chapters 6 and 7 that tell him Candy is on the right track with her investigation?
3. Describe the relationship between Richard Hammond and the mob.
4. Is Mickey reliable?
5. Why does Spenser avoid the police sirens coming around the corner at the end of Chapter 7?
6. Is Candy's ambition a positive trait?
7. Describe Candy's abduction.
8. How is Mickey involved in Candy's investigation?
9. Describe Mickey Rafferty.
10. Is Candy concerned about other people?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Candy and Susan are used to represent different aspects of femininity as the only two women in A Savage Place. Compare and contrast these two woman and their impact on the story, and the author's message about women in the world today.
Essay Topic 2
How are the pace and tone of a Savage Place impacted by literary techniques like foreshadowing, contrast, and setting?
Essay Topic 3
How are exploitation, morality, and success interwoven in characters and themes in a Savage Place?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)