|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between Mickey and Candy?
2. Who does Spenser find in his hotel lobby in Chapter 3?
3. What best describes Mickey Rafferty's appearance?
4. What does Candy Sloan tell Spenser she does NOT want him to do in Chapter 2?
5. What does Spenser decide about the person waiting near Candy's car in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Richard Hammond's reaction to Candy's allegations of corruption.
2. What is revealed about Spenser by the way he deals with the man who follows Candy in Chapter 7?
3. How are Candy's fears of sexism confirmed during her visit to Richard Hammond?
4. How is Mickey involved in Candy's investigation?
5. How does their one night stand affect the working relationship between Candy and Spenser?
6. Describe Candy's conversation with Peter Brewster.
7. What is the tone of Spenser's first conversation with Candy Sloan?
8. Describe the relationship between Richard Hammond and the mob.
9. What clues does Spenser have in Chapters 6 and 7 that tell him Candy is on the right track with her investigation?
10. Describe Spenser's personality.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The relationships in A Savage Place are a bit complex. Answer the following questions on the relationships that follow.
1) How is Spenser's ability to act as a bodyguard affected once he has sex with Candy?
2) How is the reader's perception of Spenser based on his relationships with others?
3) Does Candy use the men she is involved with, or does she genuinely care for them?
Essay Topic 2
How are exploitation, morality, and success interwoven in characters and themes in a Savage Place?
Essay Topic 3
Spenser and Peter Brewster are portrayed as very powerful and competent men.
1) Compare and contrast these two characters.
2) Explain how each furthers the character development of the other.
3) Analyze Candy's attraction to both of these characters.
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)