Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing Candy wants to do when she returns to work?
2. What does the person look like who is waiting near Candy's car in Chapter 7?
3. What best describes Mickey Rafferty's mood when Spenser first meets him?
4. Who threatens to complain to Candy's boss after she says she has a witness to a bribe payoff?
5. Who is Sam Felton?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Candy's abduction.
2. Which characters in the novel get what they deserve?
3. Why does Candy refuse to let Spenser console her in Chapter 12?
4. Does Spenser respect Candy?
5. Why does Candy hinder the police investigation into Mickey Rafferty's death?
6. What leads Spenser to suspect that Franco is running the corruption scheme?
7. Does Candy feel safe around Peter Brewster?
8. Describe Mickey Rafferty.
9. Does Detective Samuelson respect Spenser?
10. Is Candy concerned about other people?
The relationships in A Savage Place are a bit complex. Answer the following questions on the relationships that follow.
1) How is Spenser's ability to act as a bodyguard affected once he has sex with Candy?
2) How is the reader's perception of Spenser based on his relationships with others?
3) Does Candy use the men she is involved with, or does she genuinely care for them?
Uncovering corruption in A Savage Place has dire consequences for Candy and others.
1) Which characters best represent corruption in the novel?
2) How do the title and setting support the theme of corruption in the story?
3) How do Candy and Spenser's willingness to defy authority help or hinder her attempt to uncover the corruption in the film industry?
How do the downfalls of characters like Candy, Peter Brewster, Mickey Rafferty, and others equate to morality and appearances?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)