|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What industry is the topic of Candy Sloan's work?
2. How long do Candy and Spenser have to wait before they are allowed to see the person they are visiting at the Oceania offices?
3. Who walks Spenser and Candy to their car when they leave Summit Studios?
4. Who does Spenser find waiting near Candy's car in Chapter 7?
5. What best describes Mickey Rafferty's appearance?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mickey Rafferty.
2. How does their one night stand affect the working relationship between Candy and Spenser?
3. Is Richard Hammond a powerful man?
4. Does Richard Hammond feel threatened by Candy's questions?
5. What is the tone of Spenser's first conversation with Candy Sloan?
6. Is Spenser an intelligent person?
7. How well do Spenser and Candy work together?
8. Is Spenser a sympathetic person?
9. Describe Candy's abduction.
10. Describe the relationship between Richard Hammond and the mob.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How are the pace and tone of a Savage Place impacted by literary techniques like foreshadowing, contrast, and setting?
Essay Topic 2
Morality in A Savage Place is often shown in shades of gray rather than in black and white. Compare Spenser and Candy in regards to having a strong sense of morals. Discuss how their morality differs, if they stand up for what they believe in, and how these things impact their lives in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Violence in A Savage Place is often used with a purpose, on the part of the author. Select 2-3 issues of violence in the novel and analyze their effect on the story in ways that might include character and plot development, contrast, purpose and other literary techniques.
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)