Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing Candy wants to do when she returns to work?
2. What does the person look like who is waiting near Candy's car in Chapter 7?
3. What best describes Mickey Rafferty's mood when Spenser first meets him?
4. Who threatens to complain to Candy's boss after she says she has a witness to a bribe payoff?
5. Who is Sam Felton?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Candy's abduction.
2. Which characters in the novel get what they deserve?
3. Why does Candy refuse to let Spenser console her in Chapter 12?
4. Does Spenser respect Candy?
5. Why does Candy hinder the police investigation into Mickey Rafferty's death?
6. What leads Spenser to suspect that Franco is running the corruption scheme?
7. Does Candy feel safe around Peter Brewster?
8. Describe Mickey Rafferty.
9. Does Detective Samuelson respect Spenser?
10. Is Candy concerned about other people?
Is Candy more logical or emotional by nature? Support your answer with examples from the novel.
The symbolism of the novel as a scene in a movie is supported with car chases, agents, and good-looking LA reporters.
1) What symbolic element in the book best represents the underlying movie industry theme of A Savage Place?
2) What symbolic elements best denotes the gap between appearance and morality in the book?
3) What symbolic element, if it was not included in the novel, would have the greatest impact in its absence, and why?
Spenser and Peter Brewster are portrayed as very powerful and competent men.
1) Compare and contrast these two characters.
2) Explain how each furthers the character development of the other.
3) Analyze Candy's attraction to both of these characters.
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)