Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing Candy wants to do when she returns to work?
2. What does the person look like who is waiting near Candy's car in Chapter 7?
3. What best describes Mickey Rafferty's mood when Spenser first meets him?
4. Who threatens to complain to Candy's boss after she says she has a witness to a bribe payoff?
5. Who is Sam Felton?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Candy's abduction.
2. Which characters in the novel get what they deserve?
3. Why does Candy refuse to let Spenser console her in Chapter 12?
4. Does Spenser respect Candy?
5. Why does Candy hinder the police investigation into Mickey Rafferty's death?
6. What leads Spenser to suspect that Franco is running the corruption scheme?
7. Does Candy feel safe around Peter Brewster?
8. Describe Mickey Rafferty.
9. Does Detective Samuelson respect Spenser?
10. Is Candy concerned about other people?
Essay Topic 1
Candy and Susan are used to represent different aspects of femininity as the only two women in A Savage Place. Compare and contrast these two woman and their impact on the story, and the author's message about women in the world today.
Essay Topic 2
Uncovering corruption in A Savage Place has dire consequences for Candy and others.
1) Which characters best represent corruption in the novel?
2) How do the title and setting support the theme of corruption in the story?
3) How do Candy and Spenser's willingness to defy authority help or hinder her attempt to uncover the corruption in the film industry?
Essay Topic 3
Rejection of authority in A Savage Place is an important theme in both character and plot development. Analyze the importance of each character's response to authority in the story: Spenser, Candy, the mob, Sam Felton and Peter Brewster.
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)