|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Spenser note about Los Angeles in Chapter 3?
2. What did Mickey see that instigated Candy's investigation?
3. What causes Spenser to speak rudely to Peter Brewster?
4. Who does Spenser find in his hotel lobby in Chapter 3?
5. Why does Candy Sloan want to hire Spenser?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Candy's abduction.
2. Why does Candy send someone else to pick up Spenser his first morning in Los Angeles?
3. What clues does Spenser have in Chapters 6 and 7 that tell him Candy is on the right track with her investigation?
4. Why does Candy Sloan need a bodyguard?
5. Describe Mickey Rafferty.
6. Is Mickey reliable?
7. Describe Franco's known background.
8. How is Mickey's hostility toward Spenser resolved?
9. Is Candy's ambition a positive trait?
10. What leads Spenser to suspect that Sam Felton is behind the attacks on Candy?
Essay Topic 1
How are exploitation, morality, and success interwoven in characters and themes in a Savage Place?
Essay Topic 2
The relationships in A Savage Place are a bit complex. Answer the following questions on the relationships that follow.
1) How is Spenser's ability to act as a bodyguard affected once he has sex with Candy?
2) How is the reader's perception of Spenser based on his relationships with others?
3) Does Candy use the men she is involved with, or does she genuinely care for them?
Essay Topic 3
Rejection of authority in A Savage Place is an important theme in both character and plot development. Analyze the importance of each character's response to authority in the story: Spenser, Candy, the mob, Sam Felton and Peter Brewster.
This section contains 1,534 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)