|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person who calls Spenser in Chapter 3 tell him?
2. What does Candy Sloan say she would rather NOT do when she talks to Spenser on the phone?
3. What is the first thing Candy wants to do when she returns to work?
4. What happens to Candy when she meets the person who called her on the evening of Spenser's arrival?
5. Where does Spenser go with Mickey Rafferty in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Richard Hammond's reaction to Candy's allegations of corruption.
2. Does Richard Hammond feel threatened by Candy's questions?
3. Does Spenser have a strong sense of morals?
4. Why does Spenser avoid the police sirens coming around the corner at the end of Chapter 7?
5. What is revealed about Spenser by the way he deals with the man who follows Candy in Chapter 7?
6. Is Spenser a sympathetic person?
7. Describe Spenser's feelings about Los Angeles.
8. Describe Mickey Rafferty.
9. Describe the relationship between Richard Hammond and the mob.
10. Describe Spenser's personality.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Rejection of authority in A Savage Place is an important theme in both character and plot development. Analyze the importance of each character's response to authority in the story: Spenser, Candy, the mob, Sam Felton and Peter Brewster.
Essay Topic 2
Spenser and Peter Brewster are portrayed as very powerful and competent men.
1) Compare and contrast these two characters.
2) Explain how each furthers the character development of the other.
3) Analyze Candy's attraction to both of these characters.
Essay Topic 3
How are the pace and tone of a Savage Place impacted by literary techniques like foreshadowing, contrast, and setting?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)