|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Candy when she meets the person who called her on the evening of Spenser's arrival?
2. Who first calls Spenser in Chapter 1?
3. What does Mickey tell Spenser in Chapter 3?
4. What best describes Mickey Rafferty's mood when Spenser first meets him?
5. What does Spenser tell Candy to do as they are leaving Summit Studios?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Spenser do after finding Candy's dead body?
2. Why does Candy hinder the police investigation into Mickey Rafferty's death?
3. What is the importance of Spenser teaching Candy how to shoot a gun?
4. How does Spenser first hear about Candy Sloan?
5. How does Candy feel about using sex to get information from Peter Brewster?
6. What prediction does Spenser make about Franco, and what is it's result?
7. Why does Spenser refuse the extra week's pay he is offered by Candy's boss?
8. Why do Candy and Spenser go to visit Sam Felton?
9. How does Candy react to being told to stop working on the corruption investigation story?
10. Describe Franco's known background.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How are the pace and tone of a Savage Place impacted by literary techniques like foreshadowing, contrast, and setting?
Essay Topic 2
Ambition seems to fuel many elements of A Savage Place. Candy's ambition, in particular, to succeed at her job seems to lead her to her death. How would the story be different if Candy's main motivation was to right a wrong, rather than to pursue her career?
Essay Topic 3
The relationships in A Savage Place are a bit complex. Answer the following questions on the relationships that follow.
1) How is Spenser's ability to act as a bodyguard affected once he has sex with Candy?
2) How is the reader's perception of Spenser based on his relationships with others?
3) Does Candy use the men she is involved with, or does she genuinely care for them?
This section contains 1,580 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)