|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Candy and Spenser that Roger Hammond got the studio into financial trouble?
2. Who meets Spenser at the airport in Chapter 2?
3. What is the first thing Candy wants to do when she returns to work?
4. Where is Candy left stranded in Chapter 3?
5. What does Spenser tell Candy to do when he calls her at the end of Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Candy's abduction.
2. Is Spenser a sympathetic person?
3. What kind of person is Candy?
4. How does Candy feel about Spenser aiding her with the investigation?
5. How is Mickey's hostility toward Spenser resolved?
6. Describe Candy's conversation with Peter Brewster.
7. Why does Spenser avoid the police sirens coming around the corner at the end of Chapter 7?
8. Is Mickey reliable?
9. Is Candy's ambition a positive trait?
10. Is Candy concerned about other people?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sex in A Savage Place is used, much like murder, as a means to an end.
1) What does Spenser and Candy's one night stand represent?
2) How is the fact that Candy and Peter Brewster have sex important to the pace of the story?
3) How are sex, murder and the movie industry connected in this novel?
Essay Topic 2
Other than Spenser, are there any characters in the novel that can be described as trustworthy or honest? Use examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
The character of Spenser is one used by author Robert B. Parker in a numerous series of novels. What is it about the character of Spenser that makes readers want to read about him more than once? Discuss the specific character traits that make Spenser likable and easy for readers to relate to.
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)