|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Spenser show Candy in the beginning of Chapter 8?
2. How does Spenser dress in Chapter 3?
3. How long do Candy and Spenser have to wait before they are allowed to see the person they are visiting at the Oceania offices?
4. Who gave Spenser the material he is reading when the novel opens?
5. Who does Candy think Sam Felton is involved with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Candy concerned about other people?
2. What clues does Spenser have in Chapters 6 and 7 that tell him Candy is on the right track with her investigation?
3. What is the relationship between Candy and Mickey?
4. Does Richard Hammond feel threatened by Candy's questions?
5. How are Candy's fears of sexism confirmed during her visit to Richard Hammond?
6. Describe Spenser's personality.
7. Is Candy's ambition a positive trait?
8. Is Mickey reliable?
9. Is Richard Hammond a powerful man?
10. Why does Spenser avoid the police sirens coming around the corner at the end of Chapter 7?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The character of Spenser is one used by author Robert B. Parker in a numerous series of novels. What is it about the character of Spenser that makes readers want to read about him more than once? Discuss the specific character traits that make Spenser likable and easy for readers to relate to.
Essay Topic 2
Spenser and Peter Brewster are portrayed as very powerful and competent men.
1) Compare and contrast these two characters.
2) Explain how each furthers the character development of the other.
3) Analyze Candy's attraction to both of these characters.
Essay Topic 3
Uncovering corruption in A Savage Place has dire consequences for Candy and others.
1) Which characters best represent corruption in the novel?
2) How do the title and setting support the theme of corruption in the story?
3) How do Candy and Spenser's willingness to defy authority help or hinder her attempt to uncover the corruption in the film industry?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)