|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who drives the car on the way back from the meeting with Roger Hammond?
2. Where do Spenser and Candy share drinks after their meeting with Roger Hammond?
3. What best describes Roger Hammond's reaction to seeing Spenser and Candy after their meeting?
4. Who do Candy and Spenser go to visit the day after their visit to Roger Hammond?
5. Where is Candy left stranded in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What prediction does Spenser make about Franco, and what is it's result?
2. Which characters in the novel get what they deserve?
3. Is Candy's ambition a positive trait?
4. What is the importance of Spenser teaching Candy how to shoot a gun?
5. Does Richard Hammond feel threatened by Candy's questions?
6. What leads Spenser to suspect that Sam Felton is behind the attacks on Candy?
7. What indications are there that Candy and Spenser are in danger at Sam Felton's house?
8. Describe Spenser's personality.
9. What is the connection between Peter Brewster and Sam Felton?
10. What is the tone of Spenser's first conversation with Candy Sloan?
Essay Topic 1
Many elements of A Savage Place seem ready made for the big screen: car chases, sex, corruption and murder, all on a large scale. Imagine that the author wrote this novel, not as a detective story, but as a narrative of the event. What elements would need to be changed? Consider things like names, settings, and events in your response.
Essay Topic 2
Is Candy more logical or emotional by nature? Support your answer with examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Is there a double standard between Spenser, as a man, and Candy, as a woman, in this novel?
This section contains 1,546 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)