|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Spenser think about the possibility that Peter Brewster might harm Candy?
(a) He thinks that Peter is not the person she should worry about.
(b) He is afraid that Peter might.
(c) He thinks that Candy is overreacting.
(d) He is certain that Peter will.
2. What does Candy think that Peter Brewster believes?
(a) That he is in love with her.
(b) That he can get out of the blackmail incident.
(c) That she is in love with him.
(d) That he is acting on behalf of someone he loves.
3. What best describes the roles Candy assigns herself and Spenser in Chapter 12?
(a) She is the victim and he is a bully.
(b) She is helpless and he is using her.
(c) She is the boss and he is her employee.
(d) She is a manipulator and he is enabling her.
4. How are Spenser and Candy received at the place they look for Sam Felton, in Chapter 16?
(a) They are escorted out by security.
(b) They are invited to wait for Sam.
(c) They go unnoticed.
(d) They are not allowed in.
5. What does Candy tell Spenser that Peter Brewster has when they have dinner together in Chapter 23?
(a) A softer side.
(b) A lease in Roger Hammond's name.
(c) Mob connections.
(d) An aging mother he cares for.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Candy tell Spenser she is afraid in the beginning of Chapter 12?
2. What does Spenser dream about at the end of the novel?
3. What does Spenser hear after finding Peter Brewster's car the night of the meeting with Franco?
4. Where does Spenser go after Candy is told to stop investigating the corruption story?
5. Who do Candy and Spenser suspect keeps sending the thugs after them?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happens when Spenser confronts Brewster at the Oceania offices.
2. Describe the events leading to Candy's death at the oil field.
3. Describe Franco's visit to Sam Felton's house.
4. What prediction does Spenser make about Franco, and what is it's result?
5. How does Spenser try to keep Candy safe from Peter Brewster?
6. What is the connection between Peter Brewster and Sam Felton?
7. Why does Spenser go to Peter Brewster's office after Candy is killed?
8. Does Spenser respect Candy?
9. How do Candy and Spenser get into Sam Felton's house?
10. Describe Spenser's relationship with Detective Samuelson.
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)