|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What message is at Candy's house the day after Samuelson's visit?
(a) A phone message.
(b) A note on a rock thrown through the window.
(c) A letter.
(d) A note from a police detective on a business card.
2. Who does Spenser tell to call Detective Samuelson?
(a) Roger Hammond.
(b) Peter Brewster's secretary.
(c) The local police.
(d) Rollie Simms.
3. Where does Candy invite Spenser in Chapter 22?
(a) To the beach.
(b) To dinner.
(c) To a party.
(d) To tour LA.
4. What does the person who tells Candy to stop working on the corruption investigation offer Spenser at the same time?
(a) An extra week's pay.
(b) Tickets to a talk show.
(c) A long-term job with the station.
(d) His private jet for the trip home.
5. Where does Spenser go after Candy is told to stop investigating the corruption story?
(a) Candy's house.
(b) An apartment provided by the station.
(c) Peter Brewster's guest house.
(d) A hotel near the private hangar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is revealed about Mickey when a police officer comes to Candy's house?
2. Why does Spenser suggest that Franco killed Felton, in response to Candy's suspicion?
3. Who does Spenser find dead after he locates Peter Brewster's car?
4. What does Spenser do when Candy goes on a first dinner date after she is taken off the corruption story?
5. Why did Franco kill Sam Felton?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Spenser go to Peter Brewster's office after Candy is killed?
2. What prediction does Spenser make about Franco, and what is it's result?
3. How does Candy feel about using sex to get information from Peter Brewster?
4. What is the importance of Spenser teaching Candy how to shoot a gun?
5. Why does Candy refuse to let Spenser console her in Chapter 12?
6. What does Spenser do after finding Candy's dead body?
7. Why does Spenser lock himself in the office with Brewster and Simms?
8. Does Detective Samuelson respect Spenser?
9. What leads Spenser to suspect that Franco is running the corruption scheme?
10. Does Candy feel safe around Peter Brewster?
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)