|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Spenser do at the end of Chapter 15?
(a) Plants a bug in Mickey Raffety's apartment.
(b) Visits Detective Samuelson without telling Candy.
(c) Teaches Candy how to use a gun.
(d) Arranges a meeting with a reporter.
2. Who does Candy say she is angry with when Spenser tries to console her in Chapter 12?
(a) Peter Brewster.
(b) Roger Hammond.
(c) All men.
3. Why does a news crew come to Peter Brewster's office?
(a) Peter Brewster calls them.
(b) Detective Samuelson tips them off.
(c) A colleague of Candy's has a suspicion.
(d) Spenser calls them.
4. What best describes the way Spenser spends his days in Chapter 22?
(a) He follows Roger Hammond.
(b) He follows Candy to work and on her dates.
(c) He follows Peter Brewster.
(d) He works security at the station.
5. How are Spenser and Candy received at the place they look for Sam Felton, in Chapter 16?
(a) They go unnoticed.
(b) They are escorted out by security.
(c) They are not allowed in.
(d) They are invited to wait for Sam.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kills the young blond man in Chapter 17?
2. What does Spenser hear after finding Peter Brewster's car the night of the meeting with Franco?
3. Who does Spenser say killed Candy and Franco, when he is in Peter Brewster's office?
4. What does Spenser find when he first approaches Peter Brewster's car the night of the meeting with Franco?
5. Who is Samuelson?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Spenser's feelings about Candy's relationship with Peter Brewster?
2. Does Detective Samuelson respect Spenser?
3. What is the importance of Spenser teaching Candy how to shoot a gun?
4. What is the connection between Peter Brewster and Sam Felton?
5. Why does Spenser refuse the extra week's pay he is offered by Candy's boss?
6. What does Spenser do after finding Candy's dead body?
7. Describe Spenser's relationship with Detective Samuelson.
8. Describe Franco's visit to Sam Felton's house.
9. Describe Franco's known background.
10. Describe what happens when Spenser confronts Brewster at the Oceania offices.
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)