|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the message say that Felton spoke to?
(a) Andre LaPointe.
(b) A reporter from another television station.
(c) Detective Samuelson.
(d) Mickey Rafferty.
2. What does Spenser see on the night of Candy's first dinner date after she is taken off the corruption story?
(a) Candy having sex with her date.
(b) Franco, in a cab.
(c) A movie about an abduction.
(d) The news director of the station with Franco in a bar.
3. What does Spenser think about the possibility that Peter Brewster might harm Candy?
(a) He is certain that Peter will.
(b) He thinks that Candy is overreacting.
(c) He is afraid that Peter might.
(d) He thinks that Peter is not the person she should worry about.
4. What does the news crew do at Peter Brewster's office?
(a) Asks viewers to look for a man matching the picture shown.
(b) Tapes Matt Bezek's confession.
(c) Tapes Peter Brewster's confession.
(d) Tapes a tribute to Candy.
5. Who does Spenser call and share his suspicions with about Franco and Felton?
(a) Detective Samuelson.
(b) Roger Hammond.
(c) John Arsenault.
(d) Peter Brewster.
Short Answer Questions
1. What message is at Candy's house the day after Samuelson's visit?
2. Why does Candy tell Spenser that she believes Franco killed Felton, after she is told to stop investigating the story?
3. Who is Samuelson?
4. Why does Spenser suggest that Franco killed Felton, in response to Candy's suspicion?
5. How does Candy feel about the possibility that Peter Brewster might harm her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Candy and Spenser get into Sam Felton's house?
2. What prediction does Spenser make about Franco, and what is it's result?
3. Describe the events leading to Candy's death at the oil field.
4. What are Spenser's feelings about Candy's relationship with Peter Brewster?
5. Why does Spenser lock himself in the office with Brewster and Simms?
6. Why does Spenser go to Peter Brewster's office after Candy is killed?
7. Describe Franco's known background.
8. What indications are there that Candy and Spenser are in danger at Sam Felton's house?
9. Does Detective Samuelson respect Spenser?
10. Why does Spenser refuse the extra week's pay he is offered by Candy's boss?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)