|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Franco kill Sam Felton?
(a) He was paid to do it by Peter Brewster.
(b) He was afraid Felton would talk about their skimming money.
(c) He was paid to do it by Roger Hammond.
(d) He wanted Sam Felton's share of the skimmed cash.
2. Why does Candy tell Spenser that she believes Franco killed Felton, after she is told to stop investigating the story?
(a) To cover up something bigger than a blackmail scam.
(b) To protect Peter Brewster.
(c) To cover up a drug operation being run out of the studio.
(d) To hide another murder.
3. Who does Spenser lock in Peter Brewster's office?
(a) Himself, Peter Brewster and Rollie Simms.
(b) Peter Brewster.
(c) Roger Hammond and Rollie Simms.
(d) Peter Brewster and Roger Hammond.
4. What does Spenser agree to do for Candy, after Samuelson leaves?
(a) Bring her Chinese food.
(b) To stand by her.
(c) Take her to see Mickey.
(d) Tail Samuelson.
5. Where does Spenser go, after finding the dead bodies?
(a) Summit Studios.
(b) Peter Brewster's house.
(c) Candy's house.
(d) The hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Spenser place between the cushions of his seat while Candy questions Sam Felton?
2. Why does Candy get defensive towards Spenser after she returns from her dinner date?
3. Who wants to see Spenser prosecuted for assault and kidnapping?
4. What did Peter Brewster do when he found out about Roger Hammond's financial problems?
5. Who asks Candy out to dinner shortly after she is taken off the corruption story?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Detective Samuelson respect Spenser?
2. Describe Spenser's relationship with Detective Samuelson.
3. Why does Spenser go to Peter Brewster's office after Candy is killed?
4. What leads Spenser to suspect that Franco is running the corruption scheme?
5. What is the connection between Peter Brewster and Sam Felton?
6. Which characters in the novel get what they deserve?
7. Is Candy attracted to Peter Brewster?
8. What indications are there that Candy and Spenser are in danger at Sam Felton's house?
9. What is the importance of Spenser teaching Candy how to shoot a gun?
10. Describe Franco's known background.
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)