|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Spenser do when Candy goes on a first dinner date after she is taken off the corruption story?
(a) Calls Susan.
(b) Follows her.
(c) Checks flights on the Internet.
(d) Goes to a bar for dinner.
2. Who calls Candy to apologize for his behavior soon after she is taken off the corruption story?
(a) Roger Hammond.
(c) Peter Brewster.
(d) The news director.
3. Where do Spenser and Candy go to find Sam Felton in Chapter 16?
(a) Summit Studios.
(b) The location where he is filming a movie.
(c) A racetrack.
(d) His house.
4. Who does Spenser find in Peter Brewster's office when he breaks in, in Chapter 27?
(a) Peter Brewster and his attorney.
(b) Peter Brewster and a security guard.
(c) Peter Brewster's secretary.
(d) Roger Hammond and Peter Brewster.
5. Where does Sam Felton invite Spenser and Candy, in Chapter 16?
(a) To his house.
(b) To his office.
(c) To a film opening.
(d) To a party at a star's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What best describes the way Spenser spends his days in Chapter 22?
2. Who is Rollie Simms?
3. What does Spenser hear after finding Peter Brewster's car the night of the meeting with Franco?
4. Who does Candy tell Spenser she is going to have dinner with the night after her dinner with him?
5. What does Spenser do at the end of Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Candy feel safe around Peter Brewster?
2. Describe Franco's visit to Sam Felton's house.
3. What does Candy learn about the corruption investigation from Peter Brewster?
4. Is Candy attracted to Peter Brewster?
5. How does Candy feel about using sex to get information from Peter Brewster?
6. What indications are there that Candy and Spenser are in danger at Sam Felton's house?
7. Describe what happens when Spenser confronts Brewster at the Oceania offices.
8. Describe Spenser's relationship with Detective Samuelson.
9. Why does Spenser lock himself in the office with Brewster and Simms?
10. Why does Spenser refuse the extra week's pay he is offered by Candy's boss?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)