|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gets charged with withholding information in Chapter 18?
(a) Sam Felton.
(b) No one.
2. Who does Spenser lock in Peter Brewster's office?
(a) Himself, Peter Brewster and Rollie Simms.
(b) Peter Brewster and Roger Hammond.
(c) Roger Hammond and Rollie Simms.
(d) Peter Brewster.
3. Who tells Candy to stop working on the corruption investigation in Chapter 19?
(a) Peter Brewster.
(b) Detective Samuelson.
(c) The station manager.
(d) The news director.
4. What is the first thing Spenser does after finding the dead bodies?
(a) Throws a body into the burning car.
(b) Reports the murders.
(c) Takes the recording.
(d) Stops Candy's bleeding.
5. Why does Candy tell Spenser she is afraid in the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) She thinks Peter Brewster could cost her her job.
(b) She is afraid that she can't complete her investigation.
(c) She thinks her boss is going to fire her.
(d) She's afraid that she is going to be killed next.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person who tells Candy to stop working on the corruption investigation offer Spenser at the same time?
2. Who do Candy and Spenser eat lunch with at the beginning of Chapter 19?
3. Who is Samuelson?
4. Who does Spenser say is planning to kill Franco?
5. Why do Candy and Spenser go to Candy's house the day after Samuelson's visit?
Short Essay Questions
1. What prediction does Spenser make about Franco, and what is it's result?
2. Why does Candy hinder the police investigation into Mickey Rafferty's death?
3. Why do Candy and Spenser go to visit Sam Felton?
4. Describe Franco's known background.
5. What leads Spenser to suspect that Franco is running the corruption scheme?
6. What leads Spenser to suspect that Sam Felton is behind the attacks on Candy?
7. Why does Spenser lock himself in the office with Brewster and Simms?
8. Which characters in the novel get what they deserve?
9. What indications are there that Candy and Spenser are in danger at Sam Felton's house?
10. How does Spenser try to keep Candy safe from Peter Brewster?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)