|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Candy and Spenser plan to go talk to, after hearing the message about Felton?
(a) Detective Samuelson.
(b) Mickey Rafferty.
(c) Sam Felton.
(d) Andre LaPointe.
2. How does Spenser respond to the offer he receives from the person in Chapter 19?
(a) He accepts.
(b) He refuses.
(c) He accepts, but later changes his mind.
(d) He says he'll think about it.
3. What does the news crew do at Peter Brewster's office?
(a) Tapes Matt Bezek's confession.
(b) Asks viewers to look for a man matching the picture shown.
(c) Tapes a tribute to Candy.
(d) Tapes Peter Brewster's confession.
4. Who does Spenser say is planning to kill Franco?
(a) Roger Hammond.
(b) A mob boss.
(c) Mickey Rafferty's brother.
(d) Peter Brewster.
5. Why does Candy tell Spenser that she believes Franco killed Felton, after she is told to stop investigating the story?
(a) To cover up a drug operation being run out of the studio.
(b) To protect Peter Brewster.
(c) To hide another murder.
(d) To cover up something bigger than a blackmail scam.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Spenser nearly run off by police after reporting the murder?
2. Who does Spenser decide to tell about Mickey's involvement in the corruption story, in Chapter 18?
3. Who does Spenser find in Peter Brewster's office when he breaks in, in Chapter 27?
4. Who does Candy tell Spenser is blackmailing someone else when they have dinner together in Chapter 23?
5. What does Spenser hear after finding Peter Brewster's car the night of the meeting with Franco?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Detective Samuelson respect Spenser?
2. What leads Spenser to suspect that Sam Felton is behind the attacks on Candy?
3. Is Candy attracted to Peter Brewster?
4. How does Candy react to being told to stop working on the corruption investigation story?
5. What leads Spenser to suspect that Franco is running the corruption scheme?
6. What indications are there that Candy and Spenser are in danger at Sam Felton's house?
7. Why do Candy and Spenser go to visit Sam Felton?
8. What are Spenser's feelings about Candy's relationship with Peter Brewster?
9. Does Spenser respect Candy?
10. Does Candy feel safe around Peter Brewster?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)