|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Candy and Spenser argue about after Samuelson leaves?
(a) Telling Mickey what Samuelson said.
(b) Talking to the police.
(c) Samuelson and Susan.
(d) Keeping Candy safe.
2. Who do Candy and Spenser eat lunch with at the beginning of Chapter 19?
(a) The station manager.
(b) Detective Samuelson.
(c) A news director.
(d) Peter Brewster.
3. Who is revealed to have been a collection agent for a loan shark?
(b) Sam Felton.
(c) Mickey Rafferty.
4. What did Peter Brewster do when he found out about Roger Hammond's financial problems?
(a) Bailed his friend out of trouble.
(b) Blackmailed him.
(c) Took a piece of the action.
(d) Told Hammond to deal with it himself.
5. Where does Spenser go after Candy is told to stop investigating the corruption story?
(a) Candy's house.
(b) Peter Brewster's guest house.
(c) An apartment provided by the station.
(d) A hotel near the private hangar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Candy tell Spenser that she believes Franco killed Felton, after she is told to stop investigating the story?
2. Who arrives when Candy is questioning Sam Felton?
3. What does Spenser see on the night of Candy's first dinner date after she is taken off the corruption story?
4. Who does Spenser call and share his suspicions with about Franco and Felton?
5. Why does Candy get defensive towards Spenser after she returns from her dinner date?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Franco's visit to Sam Felton's house.
2. Why does Spenser go to Peter Brewster's office after Candy is killed?
3. What indications are there that Candy and Spenser are in danger at Sam Felton's house?
4. Why do Candy and Spenser go to visit Sam Felton?
5. Does Candy feel safe around Peter Brewster?
6. Describe Franco's known background.
7. What prediction does Spenser make about Franco, and what is it's result?
8. Which characters in the novel get what they deserve?
9. Describe what happens when Spenser confronts Brewster at the Oceania offices.
10. What is the importance of Spenser teaching Candy how to shoot a gun?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)