|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is planning on meeting with Franco on the night that Candy is planning to have dinner with Peter Brewster?
(a) Detective Samuelson.
(b) Peter Brewster.
(d) Roger Hammond.
2. Who does Spenser find in Peter Brewster's office when he breaks in, in Chapter 27?
(a) Peter Brewster and his attorney.
(b) Roger Hammond and Peter Brewster.
(c) Peter Brewster's secretary.
(d) Peter Brewster and a security guard.
3. Who arrives when Candy is questioning Sam Felton?
(b) Mickey Rafferty.
(d) Detective Samuelson.
4. What does Spenser think about the possibility that Peter Brewster might harm Candy?
(a) He is afraid that Peter might.
(b) He is certain that Peter will.
(c) He thinks that Peter is not the person she should worry about.
(d) He thinks that Candy is overreacting.
5. What does Candy tell Samuelson about the bribe?
(b) That she got an anonymous tip.
(c) That she is the witness.
(d) That Mickey is the witness.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Simms and Franco connected?
2. What does Spenser do on the day that Candy tells him she will be in the studio all day?
3. What best describes the roles Candy assigns herself and Spenser in Chapter 12?
4. Who fires Spenser?
5. What do Spenser and Candy do after they discover that Sam Felton is not where they hoped he would be in Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Candy and Spenser go to visit Sam Felton?
2. How does Candy feel about using sex to get information from Peter Brewster?
3. Why does Candy refuse to let Spenser console her in Chapter 12?
4. Describe the events leading to Candy's death at the oil field.
5. Describe Franco's visit to Sam Felton's house.
6. Describe Spenser's relationship with Detective Samuelson.
7. Which characters in the novel get what they deserve?
8. Does Candy feel safe around Peter Brewster?
9. Does Detective Samuelson respect Spenser?
10. Why does Candy hinder the police investigation into Mickey Rafferty's death?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)