|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event has Candy upset in the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) A phone call from Roger Hammond.
(b) A news report about a murder.
(c) The meeting with Peter Brewster.
(d) A meeting with her boss.
2. Who is revealed to have been a collection agent for a loan shark?
(b) Sam Felton.
(d) Mickey Rafferty.
3. What does Spenser see on the night of Candy's first dinner date after she is taken off the corruption story?
(a) Franco, in a cab.
(b) Candy having sex with her date.
(c) The news director of the station with Franco in a bar.
(d) A movie about an abduction.
4. What does Candy tell Spenser that Peter Brewster has when they have dinner together in Chapter 23?
(a) Mob connections.
(b) An aging mother he cares for.
(c) A lease in Roger Hammond's name.
(d) A softer side.
5. What does Spenser tell Peter Brewster that Brewster is going to do?
(a) Suffer like Candy suffered.
(b) Tell him where the killer is located.
(c) Lose everything he has.
(d) Confess on television.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Sam Felton's involvement in the corruption?
2. What is revealed about Mickey when a police officer comes to Candy's house?
3. What did Peter Brewster do when he found out about Roger Hammond's financial problems?
4. Who does Spenser tell to call Detective Samuelson?
5. What best describes Candy's condition the morning after she is told to stop investigating the corruption story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Candy learn about the corruption investigation from Peter Brewster?
2. Why does Spenser lock himself in the office with Brewster and Simms?
3. Is Candy attracted to Peter Brewster?
4. What leads Spenser to suspect that Sam Felton is behind the attacks on Candy?
5. What indications are there that Candy and Spenser are in danger at Sam Felton's house?
6. How do Candy and Spenser get into Sam Felton's house?
7. Describe Franco's visit to Sam Felton's house.
8. Describe what happens when Spenser confronts Brewster at the Oceania offices.
9. What are Spenser's feelings about Candy's relationship with Peter Brewster?
10. What does Spenser do after finding Candy's dead body?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)