|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Spenser place between the cushions of his seat while Candy questions Sam Felton?
(a) A recording device.
(b) His cell phone.
(c) His gun.
(d) A disc.
2. Who is Samuelson?
(a) A private investigator.
(b) A police detective.
(c) Sam Felton's assistant.
(d) An old boyfriend of Candy's and a District Attorney.
3. Who do Candy and Spenser suspect keeps sending the thugs after them?
(a) Sam Felton.
(b) Detective Samuelson.
(c) Roger Hammond.
(d) Peter Brewster.
4. Who does Spenser call and share his suspicions with about Franco and Felton?
(a) Detective Samuelson.
(b) Roger Hammond.
(c) Peter Brewster.
(d) John Arsenault.
5. What is Peter Brewster's reaction to Spenser's appearance in his office?
(a) He tries to calm Spenser and offers him a drink.
(b) He is calm and unruffled.
(c) He threatens to ruin Spenser's future.
(d) He and a security guard attack Spenser.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Sam Felton's involvement in the corruption?
2. What did Peter Brewster do when he found out about Roger Hammond's financial problems?
3. Who fires Spenser?
4. Why did Franco kill Sam Felton?
5. Who does Spenser say is planning to kill Franco?
Short Essay Questions
1. What leads Spenser to suspect that Franco is running the corruption scheme?
2. What indications are there that Candy and Spenser are in danger at Sam Felton's house?
3. How do Candy and Spenser get into Sam Felton's house?
4. Describe the events leading to Candy's death at the oil field.
5. What is the connection between Peter Brewster and Sam Felton?
6. How does Spenser try to keep Candy safe from Peter Brewster?
7. What is the importance of Spenser teaching Candy how to shoot a gun?
8. What leads Spenser to suspect that Sam Felton is behind the attacks on Candy?
9. Which characters in the novel get what they deserve?
10. Why does Spenser refuse the extra week's pay he is offered by Candy's boss?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)