|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Spenser lock in Peter Brewster's office?
(a) Himself, Peter Brewster and Rollie Simms.
(b) Peter Brewster and Roger Hammond.
(c) Peter Brewster.
(d) Roger Hammond and Rollie Simms.
2. Who is the message from that Candy and Spenser find, the day after Samuelson's visit?
(b) Peter Brewster.
(c) Roger Hammond.
3. How are Spenser and Candy received at the place they look for Sam Felton, in Chapter 16?
(a) They are invited to wait for Sam.
(b) They are escorted out by security.
(c) They go unnoticed.
(d) They are not allowed in.
4. Where does Spenser follow Candy and Peter Brewster on the night someone plans to meet with Franco?
(a) To Summit Studios.
(b) To the Oceania Properties office.
(c) To an oil field.
(d) To his apartment.
5. Who is planning on meeting with Franco on the night that Candy is planning to have dinner with Peter Brewster?
(a) Detective Samuelson.
(c) Peter Brewster.
(d) Roger Hammond.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Spenser hear after finding Peter Brewster's car the night of the meeting with Franco?
2. What does Spenser agree to do for Candy, after Samuelson leaves?
3. Who does Spenser call at the end of Chapter 17?
4. Who is Rollie Simms?
5. How are Simms and Franco connected?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Candy feel about using sex to get information from Peter Brewster?
2. What leads Spenser to suspect that Sam Felton is behind the attacks on Candy?
3. Is Candy attracted to Peter Brewster?
4. Describe Franco's known background.
5. Describe Franco's visit to Sam Felton's house.
6. Does Candy feel safe around Peter Brewster?
7. Why does Candy refuse to let Spenser console her in Chapter 12?
8. How does Candy react to being told to stop working on the corruption investigation story?
9. How do Candy and Spenser get into Sam Felton's house?
10. What indications are there that Candy and Spenser are in danger at Sam Felton's house?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)