|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Spenser see on the night of Candy's first dinner date after she is taken off the corruption story?
(a) Franco, in a cab.
(b) Candy having sex with her date.
(c) A movie about an abduction.
(d) The news director of the station with Franco in a bar.
2. Where does Spenser go at 9:40 the morning after he reports a murder?
(a) To the hospital.
(b) To Summit Studios.
(c) To Peter Brewster's office.
(d) For a run.
3. Who is revealed to have been a collection agent for a loan shark?
(c) Mickey Rafferty.
(d) Sam Felton.
4. What best describes Candy's condition the morning after she is told to stop investigating the corruption story?
(d) Sick with the flu.
5. Who does Spenser say killed Candy and Franco, when he is in Peter Brewster's office?
(a) Roger Hammond.
(b) Matt Bezek.
(c) Rollie Simms.
(d) Peter Brewster.
Short Answer Questions
1. What best describes the way Spenser spends his days in Chapter 22?
2. What is discovered in the dumpster at a Holiday Inn?
3. How does Spenser respond to the offer he receives from the person in Chapter 19?
4. Who wants to see Spenser prosecuted for assault and kidnapping?
5. What is Peter Brewster's reaction to Spenser's appearance in his office?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Candy feel about using sex to get information from Peter Brewster?
2. What leads Spenser to suspect that Sam Felton is behind the attacks on Candy?
3. How does Candy react to being told to stop working on the corruption investigation story?
4. Why does Candy hinder the police investigation into Mickey Rafferty's death?
5. Why does Candy refuse to let Spenser console her in Chapter 12?
6. Does Spenser respect Candy?
7. Describe the events leading to Candy's death at the oil field.
8. Why does Spenser lock himself in the office with Brewster and Simms?
9. What leads Spenser to suspect that Franco is running the corruption scheme?
10. Why does Spenser go to Peter Brewster's office after Candy is killed?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)