|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing Spenser does after finding the dead bodies?
(a) Stops Candy's bleeding.
(b) Throws a body into the burning car.
(c) Takes the recording.
(d) Reports the murders.
2. Who tells Candy to stop working on the corruption investigation in Chapter 19?
(a) Peter Brewster.
(b) Detective Samuelson.
(c) The station manager.
(d) The news director.
3. What was Sam Felton's involvement in the corruption?
(a) Skimming money.
(b) He was blackmailing Roger Hammond.
(c) He was Roger Hammond's half-brother.
(d) He was related to the loan shark.
4. Who asks Candy out to dinner shortly after she is taken off the corruption story?
(a) Roger Hammond.
(b) John Arsenault.
(c) Detective Samuelson.
(d) Peter Brewster.
5. Who kills the young blond man in Chapter 17?
(c) It's unknown.
(d) Sam Felton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Peter Brewster's car when Spenser returns to it after following the loud noises?
2. Where does Detective Samuelson take Spenser at the end of the novel?
3. Where does Sam Felton invite Spenser and Candy, in Chapter 16?
4. Who does Candy tell Spenser she is going to have dinner with the night after her dinner with him?
5. Who is Rollie Simms?
Short Essay Questions
1. What indications are there that Candy and Spenser are in danger at Sam Felton's house?
2. Why does Candy hinder the police investigation into Mickey Rafferty's death?
3. What is the importance of Spenser teaching Candy how to shoot a gun?
4. Why does Spenser lock himself in the office with Brewster and Simms?
5. Describe Spenser's relationship with Detective Samuelson.
6. Why does Candy refuse to let Spenser console her in Chapter 12?
7. Describe Franco's known background.
8. Describe the events leading to Candy's death at the oil field.
9. Does Detective Samuelson respect Spenser?
10. What prediction does Spenser make about Franco, and what is it's result?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)