|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Candy tell Samuelson about the bribe?
(b) That she got an anonymous tip.
(c) That Mickey is the witness.
(d) That she is the witness.
2. Who kills the young blond man in Chapter 17?
(a) Sam Felton.
(c) It's unknown.
3. Who gets charged with withholding information in Chapter 18?
(c) Sam Felton.
(d) No one.
4. What does Spenser see on the night of Candy's first dinner date after she is taken off the corruption story?
(a) The news director of the station with Franco in a bar.
(b) Franco, in a cab.
(c) Candy having sex with her date.
(d) A movie about an abduction.
5. What does Spenser tell Candy they have in Chapter 17?
(a) A recording of evidence.
(b) Proof that Mickey was involved with the corruption.
(c) Proof that Franco killed Mickey.
(d) 15 minutes to meet with a police detective.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the news crew do at Peter Brewster's office?
2. What best describes the roles Candy assigns herself and Spenser in Chapter 12?
3. Who does Candy tell Spenser she is going to have dinner with the night after her dinner with him?
4. Who wants to see Spenser prosecuted for assault and kidnapping?
5. Why did Franco kill Sam Felton?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happens when Spenser confronts Brewster at the Oceania offices.
2. Why does Spenser refuse the extra week's pay he is offered by Candy's boss?
3. Does Candy feel safe around Peter Brewster?
4. What does Candy learn about the corruption investigation from Peter Brewster?
5. How does Spenser try to keep Candy safe from Peter Brewster?
6. Why does Candy hinder the police investigation into Mickey Rafferty's death?
7. Does Spenser respect Candy?
8. How do Candy and Spenser get into Sam Felton's house?
9. Which characters in the novel get what they deserve?
10. Why does Candy refuse to let Spenser console her in Chapter 12?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)