|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the news crew do at Peter Brewster's office?
(a) Tapes a tribute to Candy.
(b) Asks viewers to look for a man matching the picture shown.
(c) Tapes Peter Brewster's confession.
(d) Tapes Matt Bezek's confession.
2. Where does Detective Samuelson take Spenser at the end of the novel?
(a) To jail.
(b) To Candy's apartment.
(c) To lunch.
(d) To the airport.
3. Who asks Candy out to dinner shortly after she is taken off the corruption story?
(a) Detective Samuelson.
(b) Roger Hammond.
(c) Peter Brewster.
(d) John Arsenault.
4. What is discovered in the dumpster at a Holiday Inn?
(a) Franco's body.
(b) Roger Hammond's cell phone.
(c) Sam Felton's body.
(d) Spenser's cell phone.
5. What does Candy think that Peter Brewster believes?
(a) That he is acting on behalf of someone he loves.
(b) That he can get out of the blackmail incident.
(c) That she is in love with him.
(d) That he is in love with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Sam Felton's involvement in the corruption?
2. Who does Spenser call at the end of Chapter 17?
3. Why does Candy get defensive towards Spenser after she returns from her dinner date?
4. Who does Spenser call and share his suspicions with about Franco and Felton?
5. What best describes the way Spenser spends his days in Chapter 22?
Short Essay Questions
1. What leads Spenser to suspect that Franco is running the corruption scheme?
2. Which characters in the novel get what they deserve?
3. How does Candy feel about using sex to get information from Peter Brewster?
4. Describe Franco's known background.
5. Describe the events leading to Candy's death at the oil field.
6. How do Candy and Spenser get into Sam Felton's house?
7. Why does Candy hinder the police investigation into Mickey Rafferty's death?
8. What leads Spenser to suspect that Sam Felton is behind the attacks on Candy?
9. Why does Spenser decide to tell Detective Samuelson about the bribe?
10. Why does Candy refuse to let Spenser console her in Chapter 12?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)