|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Candy tell Samuelson about the bribe?
(a) That she got an anonymous tip.
(b) That Mickey is the witness.
(d) That she is the witness.
2. Who does Spenser tell to call Detective Samuelson?
(a) Rollie Simms.
(b) The local police.
(c) Peter Brewster's secretary.
(d) Roger Hammond.
3. Where does Detective Samuelson take Spenser at the end of the novel?
(a) To Candy's apartment.
(b) To the airport.
(c) To jail.
(d) To lunch.
4. What does Spenser think about the possibility that Peter Brewster might harm Candy?
(a) He thinks that Candy is overreacting.
(b) He is certain that Peter will.
(c) He thinks that Peter is not the person she should worry about.
(d) He is afraid that Peter might.
5. What does Spenser do when Candy goes on a first dinner date after she is taken off the corruption story?
(a) Checks flights on the Internet.
(b) Calls Susan.
(c) Follows her.
(d) Goes to a bar for dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Spenser go after Candy is told to stop investigating the corruption story?
2. Who arrives when Candy is questioning Sam Felton?
3. Who does Spenser find in Peter Brewster's office when he breaks in, in Chapter 27?
4. What does Spenser place between the cushions of his seat while Candy questions Sam Felton?
5. Why does Candy tell Spenser she is afraid in the beginning of Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Franco's visit to Sam Felton's house.
2. What leads Spenser to suspect that Sam Felton is behind the attacks on Candy?
3. What is the importance of Spenser teaching Candy how to shoot a gun?
4. Is Candy attracted to Peter Brewster?
5. Which characters in the novel get what they deserve?
6. What leads Spenser to suspect that Franco is running the corruption scheme?
7. What does Spenser do after finding Candy's dead body?
8. Why does Spenser decide to tell Detective Samuelson about the bribe?
9. What is the connection between Peter Brewster and Sam Felton?
10. What indications are there that Candy and Spenser are in danger at Sam Felton's house?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)