|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Spenser see on the night of Candy's first dinner date after she is taken off the corruption story?
(a) Franco, in a cab.
(b) A movie about an abduction.
(c) The news director of the station with Franco in a bar.
(d) Candy having sex with her date.
2. What does the news crew do at Peter Brewster's office?
(a) Asks viewers to look for a man matching the picture shown.
(b) Tapes Peter Brewster's confession.
(c) Tapes a tribute to Candy.
(d) Tapes Matt Bezek's confession.
3. Why does Candy get defensive towards Spenser after she returns from her dinner date?
(a) She thinks she made a serious mistake in the investigation.
(b) She feels guilty about having sex.
(c) He accuses her of caring more for her career than people.
(d) She feels he is judging her investigative approach.
4. Who does Spenser find in Peter Brewster's office when he breaks in, in Chapter 27?
(a) Roger Hammond and Peter Brewster.
(b) Peter Brewster's secretary.
(c) Peter Brewster and his attorney.
(d) Peter Brewster and a security guard.
5. Who gets charged with withholding information in Chapter 18?
(c) No one.
(d) Sam Felton.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Candy and Spenser plan to go talk to, after hearing the message about Felton?
2. What best describes Candy's condition the morning after she is told to stop investigating the corruption story?
3. Who is revealed to have been a collection agent for a loan shark?
4. Who do Candy and Spenser eat lunch with at the beginning of Chapter 19?
5. What is Candy's response when Spenser tries to console her in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Spenser respect Candy?
2. What is the importance of Spenser teaching Candy how to shoot a gun?
3. Describe Franco's visit to Sam Felton's house.
4. Is Candy attracted to Peter Brewster?
5. Describe Franco's known background.
6. What indications are there that Candy and Spenser are in danger at Sam Felton's house?
7. How does Candy feel about using sex to get information from Peter Brewster?
8. How do Candy and Spenser get into Sam Felton's house?
9. Which characters in the novel get what they deserve?
10. What is the connection between Peter Brewster and Sam Felton?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)