|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Candy want to talk to Samuelson?
(a) She doesn't trust Samuelson.
(b) He broke her heart.
(c) She is afraid she won't get to break the story.
(d) She is afraid he will report back to Sam Felton.
2. Why does a news crew come to Peter Brewster's office?
(a) Spenser calls them.
(b) A colleague of Candy's has a suspicion.
(c) Detective Samuelson tips them off.
(d) Peter Brewster calls them.
3. What do Candy and Spenser argue about after Samuelson leaves?
(a) Talking to the police.
(b) Telling Mickey what Samuelson said.
(c) Keeping Candy safe.
(d) Samuelson and Susan.
4. Why does Candy get defensive towards Spenser after she returns from her dinner date?
(a) She feels he is judging her investigative approach.
(b) He accuses her of caring more for her career than people.
(c) She feels guilty about having sex.
(d) She thinks she made a serious mistake in the investigation.
5. Where does Spenser go, after finding the dead bodies?
(a) Candy's house.
(b) Summit Studios.
(c) Peter Brewster's house.
(d) The hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Spenser lock in Peter Brewster's office?
2. What did Peter Brewster do when he found out about Roger Hammond's financial problems?
3. What is the first thing Spenser does after finding the dead bodies?
4. What is discovered in the dumpster at a Holiday Inn?
5. Who arrives when Candy is questioning Sam Felton?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Franco's visit to Sam Felton's house.
2. How does Candy react to being told to stop working on the corruption investigation story?
3. Why does Spenser go to Peter Brewster's office after Candy is killed?
4. Why does Spenser refuse the extra week's pay he is offered by Candy's boss?
5. Why does Spenser decide to tell Detective Samuelson about the bribe?
6. What does Spenser do after finding Candy's dead body?
7. Describe the events leading to Candy's death at the oil field.
8. How do Candy and Spenser get into Sam Felton's house?
9. What leads Spenser to suspect that Sam Felton is behind the attacks on Candy?
10. Why does Candy refuse to let Spenser console her in Chapter 12?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)