|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Spenser answer the phone in Chapter 1?
(a) By pretending to be someone else.
(b) He lets the machine pick up.
(c) By saying, Spense here.
2. Who does Candy think Sam Felton is involved with?
(a) His co-star.
(b) A loan shark.
(c) The casino industry.
(d) The mob.
3. Who calls Spenser after his shower in Chapter 3?
(a) His girlfriend.
(b) An unnamed man.
(c) Candy Sloan.
(d) Allan Pinkerton.
4. What best describes Mickey Rafferty's mood when Spenser first meets him?
5. Where do Spenser and Candy share drinks after their meeting with Roger Hammond?
(a) In a hotel bar.
(b) At a cocktail party.
(c) As they walk along the beach.
(d) On her balcony.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Spenser and Candy do the night they meet with Roger Hammond and have drinks together?
2. What industry is the topic of Candy Sloan's work?
3. Under what circumstances do Candy and Spenser leave Roger Hammond's office?
4. Who do Candy and Spenser go to visit the day after their visit to Roger Hammond?
5. What is true of Candy when Spenser first sees her in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Spenser an intelligent person?
2. Describe Richard Hammond's reaction to Candy's allegations of corruption.
3. How is Mickey involved in Candy's investigation?
4. How does Candy feel about Spenser aiding her with the investigation?
5. Describe Mickey Rafferty.
6. Is Candy concerned about other people?
7. What is the relationship between Candy and Mickey?
8. How does Spenser first hear about Candy Sloan?
9. Is Mickey reliable?
10. Why does Spenser avoid the police sirens coming around the corner at the end of Chapter 7?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)