|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Spenser notice as he and Candy are leaving Summit Studios?
(a) Richard Hammond is arguing with his secretary.
(b) His cell phone is missing.
(c) They are being followed.
(d) There is a camera in their vehicle.
2. Where is Candy left stranded in Chapter 3?
(a) By the giraffe exhibit.
(b) Behind an abandoned warehouse.
(c) The departing flights zone.
(d) The Ventura Freeway.
3. Where do Spenser and Candy share drinks after their meeting with Roger Hammond?
(a) In a hotel bar.
(b) On her balcony.
(c) At a cocktail party.
(d) As they walk along the beach.
4. What does Roger Hammond promise Candy he will do?
(a) Update her on his investigation.
(b) Call her.
(c) Meet with her in one week to share information.
(d) Report her conduct to the studio head.
5. Why do Spenser and Candy return to his hotel before she goes back to work, after her recovery?
(a) To talk to the concierge.
(b) To pick up his cell phone.
(c) For a fresh change of clothes.
(d) To use the pool.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Candy and Spenser go to see after leaving the Farmer's Market?
2. Who drives the car on the way back from the meeting with Roger Hammond?
3. What best describes Roger Hammond's reaction to seeing Spenser and Candy after their meeting?
4. What does Candy Sloan tell Spenser she does NOT want him to do in Chapter 2?
5. How does Roger Hammond initially react to Candy and Spenser?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the relationship between Richard Hammond and the mob.
2. Is Mickey reliable?
3. How does Candy feel about Spenser aiding her with the investigation?
4. How is Mickey involved in Candy's investigation?
5. What kind of person is Candy?
6. Describe Richard Hammond's reaction to Candy's allegations of corruption.
7. How does Spenser first hear about Candy Sloan?
8. How is Mickey's hostility toward Spenser resolved?
9. What clues does Spenser have in Chapters 6 and 7 that tell him Candy is on the right track with her investigation?
10. What is the relationship between Candy and Mickey?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)