|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What best describes Roger Hammond's reaction to seeing Spenser and Candy after their meeting?
2. What does the person look like who is waiting near Candy's car in Chapter 7?
(a) She is a short redhead.
(b) She is a teenager with braces and stringy hair.
(c) He is a bald African-American man.
(d) He is a blond man.
3. What does Roger Hammond accuse Candy of after she shares her suspicions?
(a) Making up lies.
(b) Putting her career ahead of her safety.
(c) Being naive about the industry.
(d) Wanting all the glory for herself.
4. What does Mickey do at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Gives Spenser a business card.
(b) Tells Candy to look into Summit Studios.
(c) Tries to hit Spenser.
(d) Buys Spenser's meal.
5. What does Candy tell the person that she and Spenser go to see after leaving the Farmer's Market?
(a) That she knows what this person has done.
(b) That she has been ill.
(c) This she has information the person wants.
(d) This this investigation could make her career.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Candy suggest the next move should be on the evening after meeting with Roger Hammond?
2. What is Oceania Limited?
3. Where do Spenser and Candy head for a drink after leaving the meeting with Roger Hammond?
4. Who is Rachel Wallace?
5. What does Spenser hear that causes him to drive around the corner at the end of Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Mickey reliable?
2. What is the tone of Spenser's first conversation with Candy Sloan?
3. Does Spenser have a strong sense of morals?
4. Why does Spenser avoid the police sirens coming around the corner at the end of Chapter 7?
5. What clues does Spenser have in Chapters 6 and 7 that tell him Candy is on the right track with her investigation?
6. How does Candy feel about Spenser aiding her with the investigation?
7. Why does Candy send someone else to pick up Spenser his first morning in Los Angeles?
8. What is the relationship between Candy and Mickey?
9. Describe Candy's conversation with Peter Brewster.
10. How is Mickey's hostility toward Spenser resolved?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)