|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who hired the person who is waiting near Candy's car in Chapter 7?
(a) Roger Hammond.
(b) A thug named Bones.
(c) The same man who beat her.
(d) Sam Felton.
2. Who does Candy tell Spenser called her after they parted ways the day he arrived in town?
(a) Her boss.
(b) Allan Pinkerton.
(c) A man claiming to have information.
(d) Rachel Wallace.
3. Who do Candy and Spenser go to see after leaving the Farmer's Market?
(a) An agent.
(b) An attorney.
(c) Sam Felton.
(d) A doctor.
4. Why does the person in Chapter 7 tell Candy that he believes Roger Hammond is lying?
(a) Because Hammond has a drug problem.
(b) Because Hammond and Felton are cousins.
(c) Because Felton would have told him about the accusations.
(d) Because he overheard a conversation.
5. How does Spenser get the information he wants from the person waiting near Candy's car in Chapter 7?
(a) He pays for it with cash.
(b) By agreeing to do something in exchange.
(c) He threatens the person with exposing information.
(d) At gunpoint.
Short Answer Questions
1. What best describes Roger Hammond's reaction to seeing Spenser and Candy after their meeting?
2. How does Spenser answer the phone in Chapter 1?
3. What happens to Candy when she meets the person who called her on the evening of Spenser's arrival?
4. Why do Spenser and Candy have to wait to see Roger Hammond?
5. Who does Candy Sloan say will pay for Spenser's services?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the events leading to Candy's death at the oil field.
2. How does Candy react to being told to stop working on the corruption investigation story?
3. How well do Spenser and Candy work together?
4. What leads Spenser to suspect that Franco is running the corruption scheme?
5. Describe Franco's known background.
6. How does Spenser first hear about Candy Sloan?
7. Describe Candy's abduction.
8. Describe Spenser's personality.
9. How are Candy's fears of sexism confirmed during her visit to Richard Hammond?
10. Why does Spenser lock himself in the office with Brewster and Simms?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)