|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mickey do at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Tries to hit Spenser.
(b) Gives Spenser a business card.
(c) Buys Spenser's meal.
(d) Tells Candy to look into Summit Studios.
2. Who does Peter Brewster call at the end of Chapter 11?
(b) Carol Zogby.
(c) Sam Felton.
3. What does Spenser tell Candy to do when he calls her at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) To get her car and pick him up.
(b) To stay hidden.
(c) To get her car and drive straight home.
(d) To call Mickey and have him pick her up.
4. What do Spenser and Candy do the night they meet with Roger Hammond and have drinks together?
(a) Sleep together.
(b) Observe a beating.
(c) Break into an office.
(d) Go skinny-dipping.
5. What does Rachel Wallace tell Spenser to expect?
(b) A phone call.
(c) A package.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Spenser go with Mickey Rafferty in Chapter 3?
2. Who gave Spenser the material he is reading when the novel opens?
3. Who joins Spenser and Candy after they leave the meeting with Roger Hammond?
4. Who does Candy tell Spenser called her after they parted ways the day he arrived in town?
5. Where do Spenser and Candy share drinks after their meeting with Roger Hammond?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Mickey reliable?
2. How are Candy's fears of sexism confirmed during her visit to Richard Hammond?
3. What is revealed about Spenser by the way he deals with the man who follows Candy in Chapter 7?
4. How is Mickey involved in Candy's investigation?
5. How well do Spenser and Candy work together?
6. What clues does Spenser have in Chapters 6 and 7 that tell him Candy is on the right track with her investigation?
7. Is Spenser an intelligent person?
8. How does Spenser first hear about Candy Sloan?
9. Describe Spenser's personality.
10. Is Spenser a sympathetic person?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)