|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Spenser tell Candy to do as they are leaving Summit Studios?
(a) Act naturally.
(b) Call Hammond's office.
(c) Take a few odd turns.
(d) Wait in the car while he runs back inside.
2. What does Sam Felton tell Candy when she asks him about her suspicions?
(a) He tells her she is right, but begs her not to tell anyone.
(b) He denies the whole thing.
(c) He tells her she worries too much.
(d) He tells her she better know her place.
3. Why does Candy Sloan want to hire Spenser?
(a) For personal protection.
(b) To investigate her husband.
(c) To serve papers.
(d) To investigate a theft.
4. Who is Candy Sloan?
(a) A business executive.
(b) A curator.
(c) Another private investigator.
(d) A reporter.
5. Who is Rachel Wallace?
(a) Spenser's sister.
(b) A writer.
(c) A librarian.
(d) Spenser's co-worker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roger Hammond accuse Candy of after she shares her suspicions?
2. What is Mickey's job?
3. What does Mickey tell Spenser in Chapter 3?
4. Who joins Spenser and Candy after they leave the meeting with Roger Hammond?
5. How long do Candy and Spenser have to wait before they are allowed to see the person they are visiting at the Oceania offices?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Mickey reliable?
2. Why does Candy Sloan need a bodyguard?
3. How are Candy's fears of sexism confirmed during her visit to Richard Hammond?
4. Describe Richard Hammond's reaction to Candy's allegations of corruption.
5. Is Spenser an intelligent person?
6. Is Candy concerned about other people?
7. How does their one night stand affect the working relationship between Candy and Spenser?
8. How is Mickey's hostility toward Spenser resolved?
9. Why does Spenser avoid the police sirens coming around the corner at the end of Chapter 7?
10. Describe the relationship between Richard Hammond and the mob.
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)