|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Candy and Spenser that Roger Hammond got the studio into financial trouble?
(a) An agent.
(b) A doctor.
(c) An attorney.
(d) Sam Felton.
2. What does Roger Hammond accuse Candy of after she shares her suspicions?
(a) Making up lies.
(b) Being naive about the industry.
(c) Putting her career ahead of her safety.
(d) Wanting all the glory for herself.
3. Who does Peter Brewster call at the end of Chapter 11?
(a) Carol Zogby.
(d) Sam Felton.
4. What does Roger Hammond want from Candy after she shares her suspicions?
(a) To help in the investigation.
(b) Her phone number.
(c) Updates on her progress.
(d) The name of her source.
5. Where is the first place Candy goes at the Farmer's Market in Chapter 7?
(a) A stall selling lettuce and bok choy.
(b) The concession stand.
(c) The bathroom.
(d) A stall selling berries.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Spenser after his shower in Chapter 3?
2. Where does Spenser go with Mickey Rafferty in Chapter 3?
3. Who bailed out Roger Hammond when he got the studio into financial trouble?
4. Who does Spenser intend to tell about his and Candy's late night activity the night before they visit the Oceania offices?
5. How does Spenser get the information he wants from the person waiting near Candy's car in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the relationship between Richard Hammond and the mob.
2. What clues does Spenser have in Chapters 6 and 7 that tell him Candy is on the right track with her investigation?
3. How does Spenser first hear about Candy Sloan?
4. What is the relationship between Candy and Mickey?
5. Describe Spenser's feelings about Los Angeles.
6. What is the tone of Spenser's first conversation with Candy Sloan?
7. Is Spenser an intelligent person?
8. How are Candy's fears of sexism confirmed during her visit to Richard Hammond?
9. Describe Richard Hammond's reaction to Candy's allegations of corruption.
10. Describe Candy's conversation with Peter Brewster.
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)