|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Candy Sloan?
(a) A curator.
(b) Another private investigator.
(c) A business executive.
(d) A reporter.
2. Who walks Spenser and Candy to their car when they leave Summit Studios?
(a) Security guards.
(b) A secretary.
(c) Mickey Rafferty.
(d) Roger Hammond.
3. What does Spenser suggest to Mickey in Chapter 4?
(a) That Candy should stop her investigation.
(b) That Mickey should see a doctor.
(c) That Mickey is in danger.
(d) That Mickey should get to know Sam Felton.
4. Who is Rachel Wallace?
(a) A librarian.
(b) Spenser's co-worker.
(c) Spenser's sister.
(d) A writer.
5. Where is the first place Candy goes at the Farmer's Market in Chapter 7?
(a) The bathroom.
(b) A stall selling berries.
(c) A stall selling lettuce and bok choy.
(d) The concession stand.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Candy Sloan want to hire Spenser?
2. How does Roger Hammond initially react to Candy and Spenser?
3. Where is Candy left stranded in Chapter 3?
4. What happens to Candy when she meets the person who called her on the evening of Spenser's arrival?
5. Who does Peter Brewster call at the end of Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the relationship between Candy and Mickey?
2. Does Spenser have a strong sense of morals?
3. Why does Candy send someone else to pick up Spenser his first morning in Los Angeles?
4. What clues does Spenser have in Chapters 6 and 7 that tell him Candy is on the right track with her investigation?
5. Describe Richard Hammond's reaction to Candy's allegations of corruption.
6. What is the tone of Spenser's first conversation with Candy Sloan?
7. How does Candy feel about Spenser aiding her with the investigation?
8. How is Mickey involved in Candy's investigation?
9. Why does Spenser avoid the police sirens coming around the corner at the end of Chapter 7?
10. How does Spenser first hear about Candy Sloan?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)