|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rachel Wallace react to the way Spenser answers the phone?
(a) She calls him stuffy.
(b) She laughs.
(c) With pride.
(d) She disapproves.
2. What does Roger Hammond accuse Candy of after she shares her suspicions?
(a) Wanting all the glory for herself.
(b) Making up lies.
(c) Putting her career ahead of her safety.
(d) Being naive about the industry.
3. Where does Candy go to meet the person who called her on the day that Spenser arrived in town?
(a) The airport.
(b) A cafe.
(c) The zoo parking lot.
(d) The parking lot of Wal-mart.
4. Who does Candy Sloan say will pay for Spenser's services?
(a) She will pay.
(b) Her employer.
(c) Her business.
(d) Her trust fund.
5. Who is Susan?
(a) The person Spenser is reading about.
(b) Spenser's girlfriend.
(c) Spenser's landlady.
(d) Spenser's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Under what circumstances do Candy and Spenser leave Roger Hammond's office?
2. Who drives the car on the way back from the meeting with Roger Hammond?
3. Who does Peter Brewster call at the end of Chapter 11?
4. Who walks Spenser and Candy to their car when they leave Summit Studios?
5. Where does Spenser go with Mickey Rafferty in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Richard Hammond a powerful man?
2. Does Richard Hammond feel threatened by Candy's questions?
3. Is Spenser a sympathetic person?
4. How well do Spenser and Candy work together?
5. How does Spenser first hear about Candy Sloan?
6. Describe Mickey Rafferty.
7. Describe Candy's abduction.
8. Describe Candy's conversation with Peter Brewster.
9. What is revealed about Spenser by the way he deals with the man who follows Candy in Chapter 7?
10. Is Spenser an intelligent person?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)