Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing Candy wants to do when she returns to work?
(a) Call the local police detective.
(b) Access her computer files.
(c) Talk to the studio head.
(d) Talk to her co-workers.
2. What does the person look like who is waiting near Candy's car in Chapter 7?
(a) He is a bald African-American man.
(b) She is a teenager with braces and stringy hair.
(c) He is a blond man.
(d) She is a short redhead.
3. What best describes Mickey Rafferty's mood when Spenser first meets him?
4. Who threatens to complain to Candy's boss after she says she has a witness to a bribe payoff?
(a) Detective Odell.
(b) Carol Zogby.
(c) LuAnn Ramsey.
(d) Peter Brewster.
5. Who is Sam Felton?
(a) A night guard for Summit Studios.
(b) An actor for Summit Studios.
(c) A movie producer at Summit Studios.
(d) A security guard at Summit Studios.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Spenser and Candy do the night they meet with Roger Hammond and have drinks together?
2. What does Spenser suggest to Mickey in Chapter 4?
3. What has Candy Sloan received that motivates her to contact Spenser?
4. What does Mickey do at the end of Chapter 3?
5. Who else is present when Candy and Spenser make their visit to the Oceania offices?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Candy's abduction.
2. Which characters in the novel get what they deserve?
3. Why does Candy refuse to let Spenser console her in Chapter 12?
4. Does Spenser respect Candy?
5. Why does Candy hinder the police investigation into Mickey Rafferty's death?
6. What leads Spenser to suspect that Franco is running the corruption scheme?
7. Does Candy feel safe around Peter Brewster?
8. Describe Mickey Rafferty.
9. Does Detective Samuelson respect Spenser?
10. Is Candy concerned about other people?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)