|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Spenser dress in Chapter 3?
(a) In a business suit and tie.
(b) In a casual suit.
(c) In a seersucker suit.
(d) In jeans and a t-shirt.
2. Who do Candy and Spenser go to visit the day after their visit to Roger Hammond?
(a) Detective Odell.
(b) Peter Brewster.
(c) LuAnn Ramsey.
(d) Carol Zogby.
3. What does Rachel Wallace tell Spenser to expect?
(b) A package.
(d) A phone call.
4. What does Candy tell the person that she and Spenser go to see after leaving the Farmer's Market?
(a) This this investigation could make her career.
(b) That she has been ill.
(c) This she has information the person wants.
(d) That she knows what this person has done.
5. Who walks Spenser and Candy to their car when they leave Summit Studios?
(a) Roger Hammond.
(b) A secretary.
(c) Mickey Rafferty.
(d) Security guards.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Candy and Spenser go to see after leaving the Farmer's Market?
2. What is Roger Hammond's job?
3. What industry is the topic of Candy Sloan's work?
4. What is Spenser reading when the novel opens?
5. Under what circumstances do Candy and Spenser leave Roger Hammond's office?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Spenser's feelings about Los Angeles.
2. How does Candy feel about Spenser aiding her with the investigation?
3. Describe the relationship between Richard Hammond and the mob.
4. Describe Candy's abduction.
5. Describe Candy's conversation with Peter Brewster.
6. Describe Spenser's personality.
7. How well do Spenser and Candy work together?
8. What is the tone of Spenser's first conversation with Candy Sloan?
9. Is Mickey reliable?
10. Is Candy's ambition a positive trait?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)