|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Candy tell Spenser called her after they parted ways the day he arrived in town?
(a) Allan Pinkerton.
(b) Her boss.
(c) Rachel Wallace.
(d) A man claiming to have information.
2. How does Roger Hammond react when Candy shares her corruption suspicions?
(a) He becomes hostile.
(b) He dismisses suspicions and calls her naive.
(c) He agrees to help if he can.
(d) He shares his own suspicions.
3. Who is Mickey Rafferty?
(a) The concierge at Spenser's hotel.
(b) Candy Sloan's would-be boyfriend.
(c) A driver for the station that Candy works for.
(d) Candy Sloan's brother.
4. What does Spenser tell Candy about Susan the night before they visit the Oceania offices?
(a) She is terminally ill.
(b) She is a reliable source.
(c) They are uncommitted.
(d) He loves her.
5. Who is Candy Sloan?
(a) A reporter.
(b) A curator.
(c) Another private investigator.
(d) A business executive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rachel Wallace tell Spenser to expect?
2. What does the person look like who is waiting near Candy's car in Chapter 7?
3. What does Roger Hammond promise Candy he will do?
4. How does Roger Hammond initially react to Candy and Spenser?
5. What does Spenser tell Candy to do as they are leaving Summit Studios?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Richard Hammond a powerful man?
2. Is Mickey reliable?
3. Is Spenser an intelligent person?
4. Describe Spenser's feelings about Los Angeles.
5. How are Candy's fears of sexism confirmed during her visit to Richard Hammond?
6. What is the relationship between Candy and Mickey?
7. Is Spenser a sympathetic person?
8. How is Mickey involved in Candy's investigation?
9. Describe Candy's conversation with Peter Brewster.
10. How is Mickey's hostility toward Spenser resolved?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)