|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Spenser find waiting near Candy's car in Chapter 7?
(a) A strange man.
(b) Mickey Rafferty.
(c) Roger Hammond.
(d) Sam Felton.
2. Who does Candy Sloan say will pay for Spenser's services?
(a) Her trust fund.
(b) Her employer.
(c) Her business.
(d) She will pay.
3. Where do Spenser and Candy share drinks after their meeting with Roger Hammond?
(a) On her balcony.
(b) At a cocktail party.
(c) In a hotel bar.
(d) As they walk along the beach.
4. Where does Spenser stay in Chapter 2?
(a) In someone's spare bedroom.
(b) In a hotel.
(c) In a penthouse apartment.
(d) Above someone's garage.
5. Where do Spenser and Candy head for a drink after leaving the meeting with Roger Hammond?
(a) The commissary.
(b) The Star Cafe.
(c) The Blue Light Bar.
(d) A vending machine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Candy and Spenser go to visit the day after their visit to Roger Hammond?
2. What is the relationship between Mickey and Candy?
3. What does Spenser suggest to Mickey in Chapter 4?
4. What is Oceania Limited?
5. Who first calls Spenser in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Candy Sloan need a bodyguard?
2. Describe Richard Hammond's reaction to Candy's allegations of corruption.
3. Is Candy concerned about other people?
4. Why does Spenser avoid the police sirens coming around the corner at the end of Chapter 7?
5. How does Candy feel about Spenser aiding her with the investigation?
6. Why does Candy send someone else to pick up Spenser his first morning in Los Angeles?
7. Is Spenser an intelligent person?
8. Is Candy's ambition a positive trait?
9. What is revealed about Spenser by the way he deals with the man who follows Candy in Chapter 7?
10. What is the tone of Spenser's first conversation with Candy Sloan?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)