|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Rachel Wallace?
(a) A writer.
(b) Spenser's sister.
(c) Spenser's co-worker.
(d) A librarian.
2. Who does Spenser find in his hotel lobby in Chapter 3?
(a) A woman he doesn't know.
(b) Candy Sloan.
(c) A man he doesn't know.
(d) Brian Sloan.
3. How does Spenser answer the phone in Chapter 1?
(b) By saying, Spense here.
(c) He lets the machine pick up.
(d) By pretending to be someone else.
4. Who bailed out Roger Hammond when he got the studio into financial trouble?
(a) A company called Waverly, Inc.
(b) An east coast loan shark.
(c) A west coast mob family.
(d) A woman named Carol Zogby.
5. What does Mickey do at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Tells Candy to look into Summit Studios.
(b) Gives Spenser a business card.
(c) Buys Spenser's meal.
(d) Tries to hit Spenser.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Candy and Spenser that Roger Hammond got the studio into financial trouble?
2. Who do Candy and Spenser go to visit the day after their visit to Roger Hammond?
3. What does Spenser hear that causes him to drive around the corner at the end of Chapter 7?
4. Where does Candy go to meet the person who called her on the day that Spenser arrived in town?
5. What does Candy suggest the next move should be on the evening after meeting with Roger Hammond?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Spenser avoid the police sirens coming around the corner at the end of Chapter 7?
2. Describe Richard Hammond's reaction to Candy's allegations of corruption.
3. How are Candy's fears of sexism confirmed during her visit to Richard Hammond?
4. Describe Spenser's feelings about Los Angeles.
5. Why does Candy Sloan need a bodyguard?
6. Is Richard Hammond a powerful man?
7. Is Candy concerned about other people?
8. How is Mickey involved in Candy's investigation?
9. Describe Spenser's personality.
10. Describe Mickey Rafferty.
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)