|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who first calls Spenser in Chapter 1?
(a) His lover.
(b) A bill collector.
(c) A former client.
(d) His mother.
2. Where is the first place Candy goes at the Farmer's Market in Chapter 7?
(a) A stall selling lettuce and bok choy.
(b) A stall selling berries.
(c) The concession stand.
(d) The bathroom.
3. Who is Candy Sloan?
(a) Another private investigator.
(b) A reporter.
(c) A business executive.
(d) A curator.
4. How does Roger Hammond react when Candy shares her corruption suspicions?
(a) He agrees to help if he can.
(b) He dismisses suspicions and calls her naive.
(c) He shares his own suspicions.
(d) He becomes hostile.
5. How long do Candy and Spenser have to wait before they are allowed to see the person they are visiting at the Oceania offices?
(a) 5 minutes.
(b) All day.
(c) They are greeted as they get off the elevator.
(d) A long time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mickey's job?
2. What is Oceania Limited?
3. Why do Spenser and Candy have to wait to see Roger Hammond?
4. What did Mickey see that instigated Candy's investigation?
5. What does Roger Hammond accuse Candy of after she shares her suspicions?
Short Essay Questions
1. How well do Spenser and Candy work together?
2. What is revealed about Spenser by the way he deals with the man who follows Candy in Chapter 7?
3. How does Spenser first hear about Candy Sloan?
4. Is Candy concerned about other people?
5. How are Candy's fears of sexism confirmed during her visit to Richard Hammond?
6. What indications are there that Candy and Spenser are in danger at Sam Felton's house?
7. Why does Spenser decide to tell Detective Samuelson about the bribe?
8. How does their one night stand affect the working relationship between Candy and Spenser?
9. Why does Spenser refuse the extra week's pay he is offered by Candy's boss?
10. Why does Candy hinder the police investigation into Mickey Rafferty's death?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)