|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What best describes Mickey Rafferty's appearance?
(a) Short and tough-looking.
(b) Unkempt and gritty.
(c) Professional and clean.
(d) Tall and lanky.
2. Who is Sam Felton?
(a) A night guard for Summit Studios.
(b) An actor for Summit Studios.
(c) A movie producer at Summit Studios.
(d) A security guard at Summit Studios.
3. Who threatens to complain to Candy's boss after she says she has a witness to a bribe payoff?
(a) Carol Zogby.
(b) Detective Odell.
(c) LuAnn Ramsey.
(d) Peter Brewster.
4. What does Mickey do at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Gives Spenser a business card.
(b) Tries to hit Spenser.
(c) Tells Candy to look into Summit Studios.
(d) Buys Spenser's meal.
5. Who is Candy Sloan?
(a) Another private investigator.
(b) A reporter.
(c) A curator.
(d) A business executive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Spenser and Candy have to wait to see Roger Hammond?
2. Who is Mickey Rafferty?
3. What is true of Candy when Spenser first sees her in Chapter 3?
4. Who tells Candy and Spenser that Roger Hammond got the studio into financial trouble?
5. How does Spenser dress in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Spenser respect Candy?
2. Why does Candy refuse to let Spenser console her in Chapter 12?
3. What prediction does Spenser make about Franco, and what is it's result?
4. How are Candy's fears of sexism confirmed during her visit to Richard Hammond?
5. How do Candy and Spenser get into Sam Felton's house?
6. Why does Spenser avoid the police sirens coming around the corner at the end of Chapter 7?
7. Is Mickey reliable?
8. Does Candy feel safe around Peter Brewster?
9. Why do Candy and Spenser go to visit Sam Felton?
10. Describe Candy's conversation with Peter Brewster.
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)