|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Peter Brewster call at the end of Chapter 11?
(b) Sam Felton.
(c) Carol Zogby.
2. Who joins Spenser and Candy after they leave the meeting with Roger Hammond?
(a) An agent.
(b) A publicist.
(c) An administrative assistant.
(d) A producer.
3. Who is Susan?
(a) Spenser's girlfriend.
(b) Spenser's mother.
(c) The person Spenser is reading about.
(d) Spenser's landlady.
4. Why do Spenser and Candy have to wait to see Roger Hammond?
(a) He is on a long distance call.
(b) He is out of the office.
(c) He is in a meeting.
(d) No reason is given.
5. Who does Spenser intend to tell about his and Candy's late night activity the night before they visit the Oceania offices?
(a) Richard Hammond.
(b) Mickey Rafferty.
(d) Detective Odell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Spenser to speak rudely to Peter Brewster?
2. Who do Candy and Spenser go to visit the day after their visit to Roger Hammond?
3. What does Spenser show Candy in the beginning of Chapter 8?
4. How does Rachel Wallace react to the way Spenser answers the phone?
5. What is Spenser reading when the novel opens?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Spenser first hear about Candy Sloan?
2. Is Mickey reliable?
3. What is revealed about Spenser by the way he deals with the man who follows Candy in Chapter 7?
4. Is Spenser an intelligent person?
5. Does Spenser have a strong sense of morals?
6. How does their one night stand affect the working relationship between Candy and Spenser?
7. Why does Candy send someone else to pick up Spenser his first morning in Los Angeles?
8. Describe Spenser's personality.
9. What kind of person is Candy?
10. How well do Spenser and Candy work together?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)