|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Roger Hammond react when Candy shares her corruption suspicions?
(a) He shares his own suspicions.
(b) He becomes hostile.
(c) He dismisses suspicions and calls her naive.
(d) He agrees to help if he can.
2. Where does Spenser go by plane in Chapter 2?
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) New Orleans.
3. What does the person who calls Spenser in Chapter 3 tell him?
(a) That he is needed back in Boston.
(b) That his credit card has been denied.
(c) That Candy has been hurt.
(d) That Candy wants to meet with him at ten.
4. What does Candy suggest the next move should be on the evening after meeting with Roger Hammond?
(a) To meet with the president of Oceania.
(b) To interview former employees of Roger Hammond.
(c) To interview employees at Summit Studios.
(d) To meet with the president of Waverly, Inc.
5. How long do Candy and Spenser have to wait before they are allowed to see the person they are visiting at the Oceania offices?
(a) They are greeted as they get off the elevator.
(b) 5 minutes.
(c) All day.
(d) A long time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person look like who is waiting near Candy's car in Chapter 7?
2. What does Candy tell the person that she and Spenser go to see after leaving the Farmer's Market?
3. What does Roger Hammond accuse Candy of after she shares her suspicions?
4. Under what circumstances do Candy and Spenser leave Roger Hammond's office?
5. Who walks Spenser and Candy to their car when they leave Summit Studios?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Candy Sloan need a bodyguard?
2. How is Mickey's hostility toward Spenser resolved?
3. What is the connection between Peter Brewster and Sam Felton?
4. What is the importance of Spenser teaching Candy how to shoot a gun?
5. How does Spenser try to keep Candy safe from Peter Brewster?
6. Describe Spenser's relationship with Detective Samuelson.
7. What leads Spenser to suspect that Sam Felton is behind the attacks on Candy?
8. How well do Spenser and Candy work together?
9. How does Candy react to being told to stop working on the corruption investigation story?
10. Why does Spenser decide to tell Detective Samuelson about the bribe?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)