|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Spenser go with Mickey Rafferty in Chapter 3?
(a) To Candy's house.
(b) To the hotel pool.
(c) To the hotel bar.
(d) To the station where Candy works.
2. Who hired the person who is waiting near Candy's car in Chapter 7?
(a) Sam Felton.
(b) The same man who beat her.
(c) Roger Hammond.
(d) A thug named Bones.
3. How does Roger Hammond initially react to Candy and Spenser?
(a) He's pleasant and helpful.
(b) He's polite, but reserved.
(c) He's rude and offensive.
(d) He's suspicious of their motives.
4. Who does Spenser intend to tell about his and Candy's late night activity the night before they visit the Oceania offices?
(a) Detective Odell.
(b) Mickey Rafferty.
(d) Richard Hammond.
5. What best describes Mickey Rafferty's appearance?
(a) Professional and clean.
(b) Short and tough-looking.
(c) Tall and lanky.
(d) Unkempt and gritty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the person in Chapter 7 tell Candy that he believes Roger Hammond is lying?
2. Who gave Spenser the material he is reading when the novel opens?
3. Where does Spenser stay in Chapter 2?
4. What does the person who calls Spenser in Chapter 3 tell him?
5. What best describes Roger Hammond's reaction to seeing Spenser and Candy after their meeting?
Short Essay Questions
1. How well do Spenser and Candy work together?
2. How are Candy's fears of sexism confirmed during her visit to Richard Hammond?
3. Does Spenser have a strong sense of morals?
4. How does Candy feel about Spenser aiding her with the investigation?
5. What is the tone of Spenser's first conversation with Candy Sloan?
6. What clues does Spenser have in Chapters 6 and 7 that tell him Candy is on the right track with her investigation?
7. How is Mickey involved in Candy's investigation?
8. What is the relationship between Candy and Mickey?
9. Describe Candy's conversation with Peter Brewster.
10. Is Candy's ambition a positive trait?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)