|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Spenser respond to the offer he receives from the person in Chapter 19?
(a) He refuses.
(b) He accepts, but later changes his mind.
(c) He accepts.
(d) He says he'll think about it.
2. Who wants to see Spenser prosecuted for assault and kidnapping?
(a) Detective Samuelson.
(b) Patrick Brewster.
(c) Rollie Simms.
(d) The District Attorney.
3. Where does Sam Felton invite Spenser and Candy, in Chapter 16?
(a) To his house.
(b) To his office.
(c) To a party at a star's house.
(d) To a film opening.
4. What does Spenser tell Peter Brewster that Brewster is going to do?
(a) Suffer like Candy suffered.
(b) Confess on television.
(c) Tell him where the killer is located.
(d) Lose everything he has.
5. What does Spenser find when he first approaches Peter Brewster's car the night of the meeting with Franco?
(a) A recorded message still playing.
(b) Candy and Peter kissing.
(c) It is empty.
(d) Smoke billowing from the engine.
6. What does Spenser see on the night of Candy's first dinner date after she is taken off the corruption story?
(a) Franco, in a cab.
(b) The news director of the station with Franco in a bar.
(c) A movie about an abduction.
(d) Candy having sex with her date.
7. Who is Rollie Simms?
(a) A police officer.
(b) Peter Brewster's security guard.
(c) Peter Brewster's attorney.
(d) A news reporter.
8. What does Spenser promise Detective Samuelson?
(a) To keep in touch.
(b) To quit smoking.
(c) To stay out of town.
(d) To return to testify.
9. Where does Detective Samuelson take Spenser at the end of the novel?
(a) To lunch.
(b) To the airport.
(c) To jail.
(d) To Candy's apartment.
10. Why does Candy tell Spenser that she believes Franco killed Felton, after she is told to stop investigating the story?
(a) To protect Peter Brewster.
(b) To hide another murder.
(c) To cover up a drug operation being run out of the studio.
(d) To cover up something bigger than a blackmail scam.
11. What does Candy tell Samuelson about the bribe?
(b) That she is the witness.
(c) That Mickey is the witness.
(d) That she got an anonymous tip.
12. Who tells Candy to stop working on the corruption investigation in Chapter 19?
(a) Detective Samuelson.
(b) The news director.
(c) Peter Brewster.
(d) The station manager.
13. Who is Samuelson?
(a) An old boyfriend of Candy's and a District Attorney.
(b) A private investigator.
(c) A police detective.
(d) Sam Felton's assistant.
14. Where does Spenser go at 9:40 the morning after he reports a murder?
(a) To Peter Brewster's office.
(b) For a run.
(c) To Summit Studios.
(d) To the hospital.
15. What does Spenser agree to do for Candy, after Samuelson leaves?
(a) Bring her Chinese food.
(b) Tail Samuelson.
(c) Take her to see Mickey.
(d) To stand by her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What best describes the way Spenser spends his days in Chapter 22?
2. What does Spenser hear after finding Peter Brewster's car the night of the meeting with Franco?
3. Where do Spenser and Candy go to find Sam Felton in Chapter 16?
4. Why did Franco kill Sam Felton?
5. Where does Spenser go after Candy is told to stop investigating the corruption story?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)