|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Candy and Spenser argue about after Samuelson leaves?
(a) Telling Mickey what Samuelson said.
(b) Keeping Candy safe.
(c) Samuelson and Susan.
(d) Talking to the police.
2. What does Spenser place between the cushions of his seat while Candy questions Sam Felton?
(a) A recording device.
(b) His gun.
(c) A disc.
(d) His cell phone.
3. Where does Candy invite Spenser in Chapter 22?
(a) To the beach.
(b) To dinner.
(c) To a party.
(d) To tour LA.
4. What best describes the way Spenser spends his days in Chapter 22?
(a) He works security at the station.
(b) He follows Roger Hammond.
(c) He follows Candy to work and on her dates.
(d) He follows Peter Brewster.
5. Who does Spenser say is planning to kill Franco?
(a) Roger Hammond.
(b) Peter Brewster.
(c) A mob boss.
(d) Mickey Rafferty's brother.
6. Where does Spenser go at 9:40 the morning after he reports a murder?
(a) To the hospital.
(b) To Summit Studios.
(c) To Peter Brewster's office.
(d) For a run.
7. Where does Spenser go after Candy is told to stop investigating the corruption story?
(a) An apartment provided by the station.
(b) A hotel near the private hangar.
(c) Peter Brewster's guest house.
(d) Candy's house.
8. What is the first thing Spenser does after finding the dead bodies?
(a) Stops Candy's bleeding.
(b) Reports the murders.
(c) Throws a body into the burning car.
(d) Takes the recording.
9. What does Spenser tell Candy they have in Chapter 17?
(a) A recording of evidence.
(b) 15 minutes to meet with a police detective.
(c) Proof that Franco killed Mickey.
(d) Proof that Mickey was involved with the corruption.
10. Where do Spenser and Candy go to find Sam Felton in Chapter 16?
(a) A racetrack.
(b) Summit Studios.
(c) The location where he is filming a movie.
(d) His house.
11. Who does Spenser learn bailed Roger Hammond out of financial trouble 6 years ago?
(a) Franco's loan shark boss.
(b) Sam Felton's loan shark brother.
(c) Patrick Brewster.
(d) Peter Brewster.
12. What does Spenser do on the day that Candy tells him she will be in the studio all day?
(a) Works at the studio.
(b) Tours LA.
(c) Follows someone else.
(d) Meets with Detective Samuelson.
13. How does Candy feel about the possibility that Peter Brewster might harm her?
(a) She is angry at the suggestion and defends him.
(b) She is confident that he won't harm her.
(c) She suspects he might try to harm her.
(d) She is certain he will try to harm her.
14. Who kills the young blond man in Chapter 17?
(b) It's unknown.
(c) Sam Felton.
15. What does Spenser hear after finding Peter Brewster's car the night of the meeting with Franco?
(a) Raised voices and shouts.
(b) Roger Hammond's confession.
(d) Candy's voice giving him directions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Candy's response when Spenser tries to console her in Chapter 12?
2. What did Peter Brewster do when he found out about Roger Hammond's financial problems?
3. What does Spenser dream about at the end of the novel?
4. What does Candy tell Spenser that Peter Brewster has when they have dinner together in Chapter 23?
5. How are Spenser and Candy received at the place they look for Sam Felton, in Chapter 16?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)