|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Candy get defensive towards Spenser after she returns from her dinner date?
(a) She feels he is judging her investigative approach.
(b) He accuses her of caring more for her career than people.
(c) She feels guilty about having sex.
(d) She thinks she made a serious mistake in the investigation.
2. What does Spenser promise Detective Samuelson?
(a) To quit smoking.
(b) To stay out of town.
(c) To keep in touch.
(d) To return to testify.
3. Why does Candy tell Spenser she is afraid in the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) She's afraid that she is going to be killed next.
(b) She thinks her boss is going to fire her.
(c) She is afraid that she can't complete her investigation.
(d) She thinks Peter Brewster could cost her her job.
4. Who is planning on meeting with Franco on the night that Candy is planning to have dinner with Peter Brewster?
(a) Roger Hammond.
(b) Peter Brewster.
(c) Detective Samuelson.
5. What does Spenser tell Peter Brewster that Brewster is going to do?
(a) Confess on television.
(b) Suffer like Candy suffered.
(c) Lose everything he has.
(d) Tell him where the killer is located.
6. What does Candy tell Spenser that Peter Brewster has when they have dinner together in Chapter 23?
(a) An aging mother he cares for.
(b) A softer side.
(c) A lease in Roger Hammond's name.
(d) Mob connections.
7. Where is Spenser nearly run off by police after reporting the murder?
(a) Peter Brewster's house.
(b) Oceania offices.
(c) Summit Studios.
(d) The murder scene.
8. Who does the message say that Felton spoke to?
(a) Mickey Rafferty.
(b) Detective Samuelson.
(c) Andre LaPointe.
(d) A reporter from another television station.
9. Who do Candy and Spenser suspect keeps sending the thugs after them?
(a) Peter Brewster.
(b) Sam Felton.
(c) Roger Hammond.
(d) Detective Samuelson.
10. What is discovered in the dumpster at a Holiday Inn?
(a) Franco's body.
(b) Sam Felton's body.
(c) Roger Hammond's cell phone.
(d) Spenser's cell phone.
11. Who does Candy tell Spenser she is going to have dinner with the night after her dinner with him?
(a) No one.
(c) Roger Hammond.
(d) Peter Brewster.
12. Who does Spenser find in Peter Brewster's office when he breaks in, in Chapter 27?
(a) Peter Brewster's secretary.
(b) Peter Brewster and a security guard.
(c) Roger Hammond and Peter Brewster.
(d) Peter Brewster and his attorney.
13. What did Peter Brewster do when he found out about Roger Hammond's financial problems?
(a) Blackmailed him.
(b) Took a piece of the action.
(c) Told Hammond to deal with it himself.
(d) Bailed his friend out of trouble.
14. What is revealed about Mickey when a police officer comes to Candy's house?
(a) He lied about witnessing the bribe.
(b) He is dead.
(c) He is in the hospital.
(d) He is missing.
15. What does Spenser find when he first approaches Peter Brewster's car the night of the meeting with Franco?
(a) It is empty.
(b) Candy and Peter kissing.
(c) A recorded message still playing.
(d) Smoke billowing from the engine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the message from that Candy and Spenser find, the day after Samuelson's visit?
2. What message is at Candy's house the day after Samuelson's visit?
3. Why does a news crew come to Peter Brewster's office?
4. Who does Spenser find dead after he locates Peter Brewster's car?
5. Why did Franco kill Sam Felton?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)