|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Spenser promise Detective Samuelson?
(a) To return to testify.
(b) To stay out of town.
(c) To keep in touch.
(d) To quit smoking.
2. Who calls Candy to apologize for his behavior soon after she is taken off the corruption story?
(a) Roger Hammond.
(c) The news director.
(d) Peter Brewster.
3. What does Spenser tell Peter Brewster that Brewster is going to do?
(a) Tell him where the killer is located.
(b) Confess on television.
(c) Lose everything he has.
(d) Suffer like Candy suffered.
4. What best describes Candy's condition the morning after she is told to stop investigating the corruption story?
(c) Sick with the flu.
5. What is Peter Brewster's reaction to Spenser's appearance in his office?
(a) He tries to calm Spenser and offers him a drink.
(b) He is calm and unruffled.
(c) He threatens to ruin Spenser's future.
(d) He and a security guard attack Spenser.
6. Who does Candy say she is angry with when Spenser tries to console her in Chapter 12?
(a) All men.
(b) Peter Brewster.
(d) Roger Hammond.
7. Who is revealed to have been a collection agent for a loan shark?
(b) Sam Felton.
(d) Mickey Rafferty.
8. Why does Candy tell Spenser she is afraid in the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) She thinks Peter Brewster could cost her her job.
(b) She thinks her boss is going to fire her.
(c) She's afraid that she is going to be killed next.
(d) She is afraid that she can't complete her investigation.
9. Who does Spenser tell to call Detective Samuelson?
(a) Roger Hammond.
(b) Peter Brewster's secretary.
(c) The local police.
(d) Rollie Simms.
10. What does the news crew do at Peter Brewster's office?
(a) Tapes Matt Bezek's confession.
(b) Tapes Peter Brewster's confession.
(c) Asks viewers to look for a man matching the picture shown.
(d) Tapes a tribute to Candy.
11. What does Spenser see on the night of Candy's first dinner date after she is taken off the corruption story?
(a) The news director of the station with Franco in a bar.
(b) Franco, in a cab.
(c) A movie about an abduction.
(d) Candy having sex with her date.
12. What does Spenser think about the possibility that Peter Brewster might harm Candy?
(a) He thinks that Candy is overreacting.
(b) He is certain that Peter will.
(c) He thinks that Peter is not the person she should worry about.
(d) He is afraid that Peter might.
13. Why doesn't Candy want to talk to Samuelson?
(a) She is afraid she won't get to break the story.
(b) She doesn't trust Samuelson.
(c) He broke her heart.
(d) She is afraid he will report back to Sam Felton.
14. Where do Spenser and Candy go to find Sam Felton in Chapter 16?
(a) Summit Studios.
(b) A racetrack.
(c) His house.
(d) The location where he is filming a movie.
15. What does Candy think that Peter Brewster believes?
(a) That he can get out of the blackmail incident.
(b) That he is acting on behalf of someone he loves.
(c) That he is in love with her.
(d) That she is in love with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Spenser find dead after he locates Peter Brewster's car?
2. What is the first thing Spenser does after finding the dead bodies?
3. Where does Spenser go at 9:40 the morning after he reports a murder?
4. What does Spenser do on the day that Candy tells him she will be in the studio all day?
5. Who gets charged with withholding information in Chapter 18?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)