|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Spenser hear after finding Peter Brewster's car the night of the meeting with Franco?
(b) Candy's voice giving him directions.
(c) Raised voices and shouts.
(d) Roger Hammond's confession.
2. Where does Spenser go, after finding the dead bodies?
(a) Peter Brewster's house.
(b) Summit Studios.
(c) Candy's house.
(d) The hospital.
3. Who is Rollie Simms?
(a) A news reporter.
(b) Peter Brewster's attorney.
(c) Peter Brewster's security guard.
(d) A police officer.
4. What does Spenser think about the possibility that Peter Brewster might harm Candy?
(a) He thinks that Candy is overreacting.
(b) He is certain that Peter will.
(c) He is afraid that Peter might.
(d) He thinks that Peter is not the person she should worry about.
5. Who is the message from that Candy and Spenser find, the day after Samuelson's visit?
(b) Peter Brewster.
(c) Roger Hammond.
6. Who does Candy say she is angry with when Spenser tries to console her in Chapter 12?
(a) Peter Brewster.
(c) All men.
(d) Roger Hammond.
7. What does Spenser promise Detective Samuelson?
(a) To quit smoking.
(b) To keep in touch.
(c) To stay out of town.
(d) To return to testify.
8. How does Candy feel about the possibility that Peter Brewster might harm her?
(a) She suspects he might try to harm her.
(b) She is certain he will try to harm her.
(c) She is angry at the suggestion and defends him.
(d) She is confident that he won't harm her.
9. Who wants to see Spenser prosecuted for assault and kidnapping?
(a) Detective Samuelson.
(b) The District Attorney.
(c) Rollie Simms.
(d) Patrick Brewster.
10. Where does Spenser go at 9:40 the morning after he reports a murder?
(a) To Summit Studios.
(b) To Peter Brewster's office.
(c) For a run.
(d) To the hospital.
11. What does Spenser do when Candy goes on a first dinner date after she is taken off the corruption story?
(a) Follows her.
(b) Checks flights on the Internet.
(c) Calls Susan.
(d) Goes to a bar for dinner.
12. Where is Spenser nearly run off by police after reporting the murder?
(a) Oceania offices.
(b) Peter Brewster's house.
(c) The murder scene.
(d) Summit Studios.
13. Why does a news crew come to Peter Brewster's office?
(a) Spenser calls them.
(b) Detective Samuelson tips them off.
(c) A colleague of Candy's has a suspicion.
(d) Peter Brewster calls them.
14. What happens to Peter Brewster's car when Spenser returns to it after following the loud noises?
(a) It has exploded.
(b) It is gone.
(c) It is headed staight at him.
(d) The recording is still playing.
15. What is discovered in the dumpster at a Holiday Inn?
(a) Spenser's cell phone.
(b) Sam Felton's body.
(c) Roger Hammond's cell phone.
(d) Franco's body.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the news crew do at Peter Brewster's office?
2. Who do Candy and Spenser eat lunch with at the beginning of Chapter 19?
3. What does Candy tell Samuelson about the bribe?
4. What does Spenser see on the night of Candy's first dinner date after she is taken off the corruption story?
5. Who is revealed to have been a collection agent for a loan shark?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)