|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Spenser learn bailed Roger Hammond out of financial trouble 6 years ago?
(a) Peter Brewster.
(b) Patrick Brewster.
(c) Franco's loan shark boss.
(d) Sam Felton's loan shark brother.
2. By the end of Chapter 18, who does Spenser suspect of being behind the bribes, murders, and the attacks on Candy?
(a) Sam Felton.
(b) Roger Hammond.
(d) Peter Brewster.
3. Where does Candy invite Spenser in Chapter 22?
(a) To dinner.
(b) To a party.
(c) To the beach.
(d) To tour LA.
4. How are Simms and Franco connected?
(a) They served time in prison together.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) Simms killed Franco.
(d) Both are former stuntmen.
5. How does Spenser respond to the offer he receives from the person in Chapter 19?
(a) He refuses.
(b) He says he'll think about it.
(c) He accepts.
(d) He accepts, but later changes his mind.
6. Where does Spenser go at 9:40 the morning after he reports a murder?
(a) To Summit Studios.
(b) To Peter Brewster's office.
(c) To the hospital.
(d) For a run.
7. What does Candy decide to reveal to the police about Mickey's involvement in the corruption investigation in Chapter 16?
(a) She tells them Mickey witnessed a bribe.
(c) She gives them a false lead.
(d) She tells them she has an anonymous source.
8. What does Spenser hear after finding Peter Brewster's car the night of the meeting with Franco?
(a) Raised voices and shouts.
(b) Candy's voice giving him directions.
(d) Roger Hammond's confession.
9. Why doesn't Candy want to talk to Samuelson?
(a) He broke her heart.
(b) She is afraid he will report back to Sam Felton.
(c) She is afraid she won't get to break the story.
(d) She doesn't trust Samuelson.
10. Who does Spenser find dead after he locates Peter Brewster's car?
(a) Candy and Peter Brewster.
(b) Peter Brewster.
(d) Candy and Franco.
11. What does Spenser do on the day that Candy tells him she will be in the studio all day?
(a) Tours LA.
(b) Follows someone else.
(c) Meets with Detective Samuelson.
(d) Works at the studio.
12. What does Candy tell Samuelson about the bribe?
(a) That she is the witness.
(b) That she got an anonymous tip.
(d) That Mickey is the witness.
13. Who does Spenser find in Peter Brewster's office when he breaks in, in Chapter 27?
(a) Roger Hammond and Peter Brewster.
(b) Peter Brewster and a security guard.
(c) Peter Brewster's secretary.
(d) Peter Brewster and his attorney.
14. Why does Candy tell Spenser she is afraid in the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) She thinks her boss is going to fire her.
(b) She's afraid that she is going to be killed next.
(c) She is afraid that she can't complete her investigation.
(d) She thinks Peter Brewster could cost her her job.
15. What happens to Peter Brewster's car when Spenser returns to it after following the loud noises?
(a) It is headed staight at him.
(b) It is gone.
(c) It has exploded.
(d) The recording is still playing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What best describes the roles Candy assigns herself and Spenser in Chapter 12?
2. How does Candy feel about the possibility that Peter Brewster might harm her?
3. Where does Detective Samuelson take Spenser at the end of the novel?
4. Who asks Candy out to dinner shortly after she is taken off the corruption story?
5. Why does Candy tell Spenser that she believes Franco killed Felton, after she is told to stop investigating the story?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)