|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the person who tells Candy to stop working on the corruption investigation offer Spenser at the same time?
(a) Tickets to a talk show.
(b) A long-term job with the station.
(c) His private jet for the trip home.
(d) An extra week's pay.
2. What does Candy tell Samuelson about the bribe?
(a) That she got an anonymous tip.
(b) That she is the witness.
(c) That Mickey is the witness.
3. What does Candy tell Spenser that Peter Brewster has when they have dinner together in Chapter 23?
(a) Mob connections.
(b) A lease in Roger Hammond's name.
(c) An aging mother he cares for.
(d) A softer side.
4. What does Spenser do when Candy goes on a first dinner date after she is taken off the corruption story?
(a) Checks flights on the Internet.
(b) Follows her.
(c) Calls Susan.
(d) Goes to a bar for dinner.
5. What does Spenser do on the day that Candy tells him she will be in the studio all day?
(a) Meets with Detective Samuelson.
(b) Works at the studio.
(c) Follows someone else.
(d) Tours LA.
6. How does Spenser respond to the offer he receives from the person in Chapter 19?
(a) He accepts.
(b) He refuses.
(c) He says he'll think about it.
(d) He accepts, but later changes his mind.
7. What is the first thing Spenser does after finding the dead bodies?
(a) Stops Candy's bleeding.
(b) Reports the murders.
(c) Throws a body into the burning car.
(d) Takes the recording.
8. What does the news crew do at Peter Brewster's office?
(a) Tapes Matt Bezek's confession.
(b) Tapes a tribute to Candy.
(c) Asks viewers to look for a man matching the picture shown.
(d) Tapes Peter Brewster's confession.
9. Who do Candy and Spenser eat lunch with at the beginning of Chapter 19?
(a) A news director.
(b) The station manager.
(c) Detective Samuelson.
(d) Peter Brewster.
10. Why did Franco kill Sam Felton?
(a) He wanted Sam Felton's share of the skimmed cash.
(b) He was paid to do it by Peter Brewster.
(c) He was afraid Felton would talk about their skimming money.
(d) He was paid to do it by Roger Hammond.
11. Why doesn't Candy want to talk to Samuelson?
(a) He broke her heart.
(b) She is afraid she won't get to break the story.
(c) She is afraid he will report back to Sam Felton.
(d) She doesn't trust Samuelson.
12. What best describes the way Spenser spends his days in Chapter 22?
(a) He works security at the station.
(b) He follows Candy to work and on her dates.
(c) He follows Peter Brewster.
(d) He follows Roger Hammond.
13. Why does Candy get defensive towards Spenser after she returns from her dinner date?
(a) He accuses her of caring more for her career than people.
(b) She thinks she made a serious mistake in the investigation.
(c) She feels he is judging her investigative approach.
(d) She feels guilty about having sex.
14. What is revealed about Mickey when a police officer comes to Candy's house?
(a) He is in the hospital.
(b) He is missing.
(c) He is dead.
(d) He lied about witnessing the bribe.
15. What does Spenser promise Detective Samuelson?
(a) To keep in touch.
(b) To return to testify.
(c) To stay out of town.
(d) To quit smoking.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Spenser say killed Candy and Franco, when he is in Peter Brewster's office?
2. Who does Spenser decide to tell about Mickey's involvement in the corruption story, in Chapter 18?
3. What does Spenser tell Candy they have in Chapter 17?
4. Where does Sam Felton invite Spenser and Candy, in Chapter 16?
5. Who does Spenser find dead after he locates Peter Brewster's car?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)