|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gets charged with withholding information in Chapter 18?
(a) Sam Felton.
(d) No one.
2. What was Sam Felton's involvement in the corruption?
(a) He was related to the loan shark.
(b) He was Roger Hammond's half-brother.
(c) Skimming money.
(d) He was blackmailing Roger Hammond.
3. Who does Spenser find dead after he locates Peter Brewster's car?
(a) Peter Brewster.
(b) Candy and Peter Brewster.
(c) Candy and Franco.
4. What does Spenser agree to do for Candy, after Samuelson leaves?
(a) Bring her Chinese food.
(b) To stand by her.
(c) Take her to see Mickey.
(d) Tail Samuelson.
5. Why does a news crew come to Peter Brewster's office?
(a) Spenser calls them.
(b) A colleague of Candy's has a suspicion.
(c) Detective Samuelson tips them off.
(d) Peter Brewster calls them.
6. What does Candy tell Spenser that Peter Brewster has when they have dinner together in Chapter 23?
(a) A lease in Roger Hammond's name.
(b) Mob connections.
(c) A softer side.
(d) An aging mother he cares for.
7. What best describes the roles Candy assigns herself and Spenser in Chapter 12?
(a) She is the victim and he is a bully.
(b) She is the boss and he is her employee.
(c) She is a manipulator and he is enabling her.
(d) She is helpless and he is using her.
8. Why doesn't Candy want to talk to Samuelson?
(a) She is afraid she won't get to break the story.
(b) He broke her heart.
(c) She is afraid he will report back to Sam Felton.
(d) She doesn't trust Samuelson.
9. What does Spenser tell Peter Brewster that Brewster is going to do?
(a) Tell him where the killer is located.
(b) Confess on television.
(c) Lose everything he has.
(d) Suffer like Candy suffered.
10. What does Spenser think about the possibility that Peter Brewster might harm Candy?
(a) He thinks that Peter is not the person she should worry about.
(b) He thinks that Candy is overreacting.
(c) He is afraid that Peter might.
(d) He is certain that Peter will.
11. What does Spenser do at the end of Chapter 15?
(a) Visits Detective Samuelson without telling Candy.
(b) Teaches Candy how to use a gun.
(c) Arranges a meeting with a reporter.
(d) Plants a bug in Mickey Raffety's apartment.
12. What does Candy decide to reveal to the police about Mickey's involvement in the corruption investigation in Chapter 16?
(a) She tells them Mickey witnessed a bribe.
(c) She gives them a false lead.
(d) She tells them she has an anonymous source.
13. Who does Spenser call and share his suspicions with about Franco and Felton?
(a) Detective Samuelson.
(b) Peter Brewster.
(c) Roger Hammond.
(d) John Arsenault.
14. What does Spenser promise Detective Samuelson?
(a) To keep in touch.
(b) To quit smoking.
(c) To return to testify.
(d) To stay out of town.
15. What best describes the way Spenser spends his days in Chapter 22?
(a) He follows Peter Brewster.
(b) He follows Candy to work and on her dates.
(c) He follows Roger Hammond.
(d) He works security at the station.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Candy to stop working on the corruption investigation in Chapter 19?
2. Who do Candy and Spenser plan to go talk to, after hearing the message about Felton?
3. Who is Rollie Simms?
4. What best describes Candy's condition the morning after she is told to stop investigating the corruption story?
5. Why does Spenser suggest that Franco killed Felton, in response to Candy's suspicion?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)