|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Spenser lock in Peter Brewster's office?
(a) Peter Brewster.
(b) Peter Brewster and Roger Hammond.
(c) Himself, Peter Brewster and Rollie Simms.
(d) Roger Hammond and Rollie Simms.
2. Why does Spenser suggest that Franco killed Felton, in response to Candy's suspicion?
(a) To prevent Felton from telling Candy about the drug operation.
(b) To tie up loose ends related to the other murder.
(c) To prevent him from telling the mob something.
(d) That he panicked.
3. What is the first thing that Sam Felton does when Spenser and Candy join him, after his invitation, in Chapter 17?
(a) Gives them a disc.
(b) Leaves to wash his hands.
(c) Takes them into a private room.
(d) Offers them a drink.
4. What is Peter Brewster's reaction to Spenser's appearance in his office?
(a) He is calm and unruffled.
(b) He threatens to ruin Spenser's future.
(c) He and a security guard attack Spenser.
(d) He tries to calm Spenser and offers him a drink.
5. What does Spenser dream about at the end of the novel?
6. What happens to Peter Brewster's car when Spenser returns to it after following the loud noises?
(a) The recording is still playing.
(b) It is gone.
(c) It is headed staight at him.
(d) It has exploded.
7. What best describes the way Spenser spends his days in Chapter 22?
(a) He follows Candy to work and on her dates.
(b) He follows Peter Brewster.
(c) He works security at the station.
(d) He follows Roger Hammond.
8. Who does Spenser find in Peter Brewster's office when he breaks in, in Chapter 27?
(a) Peter Brewster and his attorney.
(b) Roger Hammond and Peter Brewster.
(c) Peter Brewster's secretary.
(d) Peter Brewster and a security guard.
9. Who does Candy tell Spenser is blackmailing someone else when they have dinner together in Chapter 23?
(b) Roger Hammond.
(d) Peter Brewster.
10. How does Spenser respond to the offer he receives from the person in Chapter 19?
(a) He accepts, but later changes his mind.
(b) He says he'll think about it.
(c) He refuses.
(d) He accepts.
11. Who does Spenser say will accompany the person he suspects will kill Franco?
(b) Peter Brewster.
(c) Roger Hammond.
(d) His security man.
12. Who do Candy and Spenser eat lunch with at the beginning of Chapter 19?
(a) Detective Samuelson.
(b) A news director.
(c) The station manager.
(d) Peter Brewster.
13. What best describes the roles Candy assigns herself and Spenser in Chapter 12?
(a) She is helpless and he is using her.
(b) She is the victim and he is a bully.
(c) She is the boss and he is her employee.
(d) She is a manipulator and he is enabling her.
14. Where does Detective Samuelson take Spenser at the end of the novel?
(a) To lunch.
(b) To Candy's apartment.
(c) To the airport.
(d) To jail.
15. Why does Candy tell Spenser that she believes Franco killed Felton, after she is told to stop investigating the story?
(a) To cover up a drug operation being run out of the studio.
(b) To protect Peter Brewster.
(c) To hide another murder.
(d) To cover up something bigger than a blackmail scam.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Rollie Simms?
2. What does Spenser promise Detective Samuelson?
3. Why does Candy get defensive towards Spenser after she returns from her dinner date?
4. What does Candy tell Samuelson about the bribe?
5. What was Sam Felton's involvement in the corruption?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)