|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls Candy to apologize for his behavior soon after she is taken off the corruption story?
(b) Roger Hammond.
(c) The news director.
(d) Peter Brewster.
2. Why do Candy and Spenser go to Candy's house the day after Samuelson's visit?
(a) To check her mail.
(b) To pick up a computer disc.
(c) To let her cat out.
(d) To meet someone.
3. Who does Spenser find dead after he locates Peter Brewster's car?
(b) Candy and Franco.
(c) Candy and Peter Brewster.
(d) Peter Brewster.
4. Where does Detective Samuelson take Spenser at the end of the novel?
(a) To jail.
(b) To the airport.
(c) To Candy's apartment.
(d) To lunch.
5. What happens to Peter Brewster's car when Spenser returns to it after following the loud noises?
(a) It has exploded.
(b) It is headed staight at him.
(c) It is gone.
(d) The recording is still playing.
6. What is the first thing that Sam Felton does when Spenser and Candy join him, after his invitation, in Chapter 17?
(a) Leaves to wash his hands.
(b) Takes them into a private room.
(c) Gives them a disc.
(d) Offers them a drink.
7. What is Peter Brewster's reaction to Spenser's appearance in his office?
(a) He threatens to ruin Spenser's future.
(b) He tries to calm Spenser and offers him a drink.
(c) He and a security guard attack Spenser.
(d) He is calm and unruffled.
8. What is discovered in the dumpster at a Holiday Inn?
(a) Franco's body.
(b) Sam Felton's body.
(c) Spenser's cell phone.
(d) Roger Hammond's cell phone.
9. Who do Candy and Spenser plan to go talk to, after hearing the message about Felton?
(a) Sam Felton.
(b) Detective Samuelson.
(c) Andre LaPointe.
(d) Mickey Rafferty.
10. What do Candy and Spenser argue about after Samuelson leaves?
(a) Samuelson and Susan.
(b) Talking to the police.
(c) Telling Mickey what Samuelson said.
(d) Keeping Candy safe.
11. Who does Spenser call and share his suspicions with about Franco and Felton?
(a) Detective Samuelson.
(b) John Arsenault.
(c) Peter Brewster.
(d) Roger Hammond.
12. How are Spenser and Candy received at the place they look for Sam Felton, in Chapter 16?
(a) They are not allowed in.
(b) They go unnoticed.
(c) They are escorted out by security.
(d) They are invited to wait for Sam.
13. Who does Candy tell Spenser she is going to have dinner with the night after her dinner with him?
(a) Peter Brewster.
(c) Roger Hammond.
(d) No one.
14. Who is Rollie Simms?
(a) A news reporter.
(b) Peter Brewster's attorney.
(c) A police officer.
(d) Peter Brewster's security guard.
15. Who kills the young blond man in Chapter 17?
(b) It's unknown.
(d) Sam Felton.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Spenser say killed Candy and Franco, when he is in Peter Brewster's office?
2. What does Spenser think about the possibility that Peter Brewster might harm Candy?
3. Where is Spenser nearly run off by police after reporting the murder?
4. Why does Candy get defensive towards Spenser after she returns from her dinner date?
5. What did Peter Brewster do when he found out about Roger Hammond's financial problems?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)