|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is revealed about Mickey when a police officer comes to Candy's house?
(a) He is missing.
(b) He is in the hospital.
(c) He is dead.
(d) He lied about witnessing the bribe.
2. Where do Spenser and Candy go to find Sam Felton in Chapter 16?
(a) A racetrack.
(b) Summit Studios.
(c) The location where he is filming a movie.
(d) His house.
3. Who does Spenser find in Peter Brewster's office when he breaks in, in Chapter 27?
(a) Roger Hammond and Peter Brewster.
(b) Peter Brewster and his attorney.
(c) Peter Brewster's secretary.
(d) Peter Brewster and a security guard.
4. Who do Candy and Spenser plan to go talk to, after hearing the message about Felton?
(a) Mickey Rafferty.
(b) Sam Felton.
(c) Andre LaPointe.
(d) Detective Samuelson.
5. Where does Sam Felton invite Spenser and Candy, in Chapter 16?
(a) To a party at a star's house.
(b) To a film opening.
(c) To his office.
(d) To his house.
6. Where does Spenser go, after finding the dead bodies?
(a) The hospital.
(b) Summit Studios.
(c) Peter Brewster's house.
(d) Candy's house.
7. Who gets charged with withholding information in Chapter 18?
(c) No one.
(d) Sam Felton.
8. Where does Sam Felton go at the end of Chapter 17?
(a) To Summit Studios.
(b) Franco takes him away.
(c) To prison.
(d) To a film shoot.
9. Who calls Candy to apologize for his behavior soon after she is taken off the corruption story?
(a) Peter Brewster.
(c) The news director.
(d) Roger Hammond.
10. What does Candy think that Peter Brewster believes?
(a) That he can get out of the blackmail incident.
(b) That he is acting on behalf of someone he loves.
(c) That he is in love with her.
(d) That she is in love with him.
11. What does Spenser dream about at the end of the novel?
12. Who arrives when Candy is questioning Sam Felton?
(b) Mickey Rafferty.
(c) Detective Samuelson.
13. How are Simms and Franco connected?
(a) Simms killed Franco.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) They served time in prison together.
(d) Both are former stuntmen.
14. What does Spenser see on the night of Candy's first dinner date after she is taken off the corruption story?
(a) Franco, in a cab.
(b) Candy having sex with her date.
(c) The news director of the station with Franco in a bar.
(d) A movie about an abduction.
15. What does Spenser do at the end of Chapter 15?
(a) Visits Detective Samuelson without telling Candy.
(b) Plants a bug in Mickey Raffety's apartment.
(c) Teaches Candy how to use a gun.
(d) Arranges a meeting with a reporter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What best describes Candy's condition the morning after she is told to stop investigating the corruption story?
2. What does the person who tells Candy to stop working on the corruption investigation offer Spenser at the same time?
3. Who do Candy and Spenser eat lunch with at the beginning of Chapter 19?
4. What does Candy tell Samuelson about the bribe?
5. Who is Rollie Simms?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)