|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who kills the young blond man in Chapter 17?
(b) It's unknown.
(d) Sam Felton.
2. Where is Spenser nearly run off by police after reporting the murder?
(a) Oceania offices.
(b) The murder scene.
(c) Peter Brewster's house.
(d) Summit Studios.
3. Who wants to see Spenser prosecuted for assault and kidnapping?
(a) The District Attorney.
(b) Detective Samuelson.
(c) Patrick Brewster.
(d) Rollie Simms.
4. By the end of Chapter 18, who does Spenser suspect of being behind the bribes, murders, and the attacks on Candy?
(a) Peter Brewster.
(b) Sam Felton.
(d) Roger Hammond.
5. What best describes Candy's condition the morning after she is told to stop investigating the corruption story?
(b) Sick with the flu.
6. Who does Candy tell Spenser she is going to have dinner with the night after her dinner with him?
(b) Roger Hammond.
(c) Peter Brewster.
(d) No one.
7. Who does Candy say she is angry with when Spenser tries to console her in Chapter 12?
(a) Roger Hammond.
(b) Peter Brewster.
(c) All men.
8. How does Spenser respond to the offer he receives from the person in Chapter 19?
(a) He accepts, but later changes his mind.
(b) He accepts.
(c) He says he'll think about it.
(d) He refuses.
9. Where does Candy invite Spenser in Chapter 22?
(a) To the beach.
(b) To tour LA.
(c) To a party.
(d) To dinner.
10. Where does Sam Felton go at the end of Chapter 17?
(a) To a film shoot.
(b) To prison.
(c) Franco takes him away.
(d) To Summit Studios.
11. Who gets charged with withholding information in Chapter 18?
(a) No one.
(c) Sam Felton.
12. What do Candy and Spenser argue about after Samuelson leaves?
(a) Samuelson and Susan.
(b) Telling Mickey what Samuelson said.
(c) Talking to the police.
(d) Keeping Candy safe.
13. What best describes the way Spenser spends his days in Chapter 22?
(a) He follows Roger Hammond.
(b) He works security at the station.
(c) He follows Candy to work and on her dates.
(d) He follows Peter Brewster.
14. How are Simms and Franco connected?
(a) They served time in prison together.
(b) Both are former stuntmen.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) Simms killed Franco.
15. What does Spenser find when he first approaches Peter Brewster's car the night of the meeting with Franco?
(a) A recorded message still playing.
(b) Candy and Peter kissing.
(c) It is empty.
(d) Smoke billowing from the engine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Spenser agree to do for Candy, after Samuelson leaves?
2. Why does Candy tell Spenser she is afraid in the beginning of Chapter 12?
3. Who does Spenser tell to call Detective Samuelson?
4. Who does Spenser call at the end of Chapter 17?
5. Where does Detective Samuelson take Spenser at the end of the novel?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)