|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Spenser and Candy received at the place they look for Sam Felton, in Chapter 16?
(a) They are invited to wait for Sam.
(b) They go unnoticed.
(c) They are not allowed in.
(d) They are escorted out by security.
2. Where does Sam Felton invite Spenser and Candy, in Chapter 16?
(a) To his house.
(b) To his office.
(c) To a film opening.
(d) To a party at a star's house.
3. Who calls Candy to apologize for his behavior soon after she is taken off the corruption story?
(b) Roger Hammond.
(c) The news director.
(d) Peter Brewster.
4. Who does Spenser learn bailed Roger Hammond out of financial trouble 6 years ago?
(a) Patrick Brewster.
(b) Franco's loan shark boss.
(c) Peter Brewster.
(d) Sam Felton's loan shark brother.
5. Who does Candy tell Spenser is blackmailing someone else when they have dinner together in Chapter 23?
(a) Peter Brewster.
(d) Roger Hammond.
6. What happens to Peter Brewster's car when Spenser returns to it after following the loud noises?
(a) It has exploded.
(b) It is gone.
(c) It is headed staight at him.
(d) The recording is still playing.
7. What does Spenser do on the day that Candy tells him she will be in the studio all day?
(a) Tours LA.
(b) Meets with Detective Samuelson.
(c) Works at the studio.
(d) Follows someone else.
8. Why do Candy and Spenser go to Candy's house the day after Samuelson's visit?
(a) To check her mail.
(b) To pick up a computer disc.
(c) To let her cat out.
(d) To meet someone.
9. What does Spenser find when he first approaches Peter Brewster's car the night of the meeting with Franco?
(a) Candy and Peter kissing.
(b) Smoke billowing from the engine.
(c) A recorded message still playing.
(d) It is empty.
10. Who gets charged with withholding information in Chapter 18?
(a) Sam Felton.
(d) No one.
11. What does Spenser see on the night of Candy's first dinner date after she is taken off the corruption story?
(a) A movie about an abduction.
(b) The news director of the station with Franco in a bar.
(c) Franco, in a cab.
(d) Candy having sex with her date.
12. Where does Spenser follow Candy and Peter Brewster on the night someone plans to meet with Franco?
(a) To the Oceania Properties office.
(b) To Summit Studios.
(c) To an oil field.
(d) To his apartment.
13. Where does Detective Samuelson take Spenser at the end of the novel?
(a) To the airport.
(b) To lunch.
(c) To Candy's apartment.
(d) To jail.
14. What best describes Candy's condition the morning after she is told to stop investigating the corruption story?
(c) Sick with the flu.
15. Who fires Spenser?
(a) The news director.
(b) No one.
(c) The station manager.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks Candy out to dinner shortly after she is taken off the corruption story?
2. Where does Spenser go at 9:40 the morning after he reports a murder?
3. Who does the message say that Felton spoke to?
4. What is Candy's response when Spenser tries to console her in Chapter 12?
5. What did Peter Brewster do when he found out about Roger Hammond's financial problems?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)