|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Candy Sloan received that motivates her to contact Spenser?
(a) A terminal diagnosis.
(b) An inheritance.
(c) An anonymous letter.
2. Who joins Spenser and Candy after they leave the meeting with Roger Hammond?
(a) An administrative assistant.
(b) A publicist.
(c) An agent.
(d) A producer.
3. What does Spenser tell Candy about Susan the night before they visit the Oceania offices?
(a) He loves her.
(b) She is a reliable source.
(c) She is terminally ill.
(d) They are uncommitted.
4. What does Candy Sloan tell Spenser she does NOT want him to do in Chapter 2?
(a) Investigate the case.
(b) Drink on the job.
(c) Go to the 3rd floor.
(d) Talk to her boss.
5. What does Mickey tell Spenser in Chapter 3?
(a) That the mob is very active in Los Angeles.
(b) That he is isn't doing his job.
(c) That the Sunrise Cafe is very private.
(d) That he suspects Candy's boss.
6. Who is Sam Felton?
(a) An actor for Summit Studios.
(b) A movie producer at Summit Studios.
(c) A security guard at Summit Studios.
(d) A night guard for Summit Studios.
7. Who hired the person who is waiting near Candy's car in Chapter 7?
(a) Roger Hammond.
(b) The same man who beat her.
(c) A thug named Bones.
(d) Sam Felton.
8. What does Spenser note about Los Angeles in Chapter 3?
(a) They have fresh fruit everywhere.
(b) People look different than they do in Boston.
(c) Two streets have the same name.
(d) It's sunny and smoggy at the same time.
9. Where do Spenser and Candy share drinks after their meeting with Roger Hammond?
(a) At a cocktail party.
(b) As they walk along the beach.
(c) On her balcony.
(d) In a hotel bar.
10. What industry is the topic of Candy Sloan's work?
(a) The movie industry.
(b) The health care industry.
(c) The fine art industry.
(d) The precious metals industry.
11. Who is Susan?
(a) Spenser's girlfriend.
(b) Spenser's landlady.
(c) Spenser's mother.
(d) The person Spenser is reading about.
12. Who does Candy Sloan say will pay for Spenser's services?
(a) Her trust fund.
(b) Her business.
(c) Her employer.
(d) She will pay.
13. Where does Spenser go with Mickey Rafferty in Chapter 3?
(a) To the hotel pool.
(b) To the station where Candy works.
(c) To Candy's house.
(d) To the hotel bar.
14. What is the first thing Candy wants to do when she returns to work?
(a) Call the local police detective.
(b) Access her computer files.
(c) Talk to the studio head.
(d) Talk to her co-workers.
15. What does Candy tell the person that she and Spenser go to see after leaving the Farmer's Market?
(a) This she has information the person wants.
(b) This this investigation could make her career.
(c) That she knows what this person has done.
(d) That she has been ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between Mickey and Candy?
2. What does Spenser tell Candy to do when he calls her at the end of Chapter 7?
3. Who threatens to complain to Candy's boss after she says she has a witness to a bribe payoff?
4. What does the person who calls Spenser in Chapter 3 tell him?
5. What do Spenser and Candy do after stopping by his hotel on the day she returns to work?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)