|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Roger Hammond's job?
(a) He is the producer of Investigation Now!
(b) He is the head of Summit Studios.
(c) He is the CEO of Hammond Enterprises.
(d) He is the owner of a newspaper and a television station.
2. What does Spenser note about Los Angeles in Chapter 3?
(a) Two streets have the same name.
(b) They have fresh fruit everywhere.
(c) People look different than they do in Boston.
(d) It's sunny and smoggy at the same time.
3. What does Spenser decide about the person waiting near Candy's car in Chapter 7?
(a) This person is going to be of use.
(b) This person is being used.
(c) This person has no more information.
(d) This person knows more than he or she is saying.
4. What does Spenser tell Candy to do as they are leaving Summit Studios?
(a) Act naturally.
(b) Take a few odd turns.
(c) Call Hammond's office.
(d) Wait in the car while he runs back inside.
5. What does the person look like who is waiting near Candy's car in Chapter 7?
(a) He is a bald African-American man.
(b) She is a short redhead.
(c) She is a teenager with braces and stringy hair.
(d) He is a blond man.
6. Who meets Spenser at the airport in Chapter 2?
(a) No one.
(b) A driver named Vic.
(c) Rachel Wallace.
(d) Candy Sloan.
7. What is Spenser reading when the novel opens?
(a) A detective novel.
(b) A biography.
(c) A case file.
(d) The newspaper.
8. What do Spenser and Candy do the night they meet with Roger Hammond and have drinks together?
(a) Break into an office.
(b) Observe a beating.
(c) Go skinny-dipping.
(d) Sleep together.
9. What is the first thing Candy wants to do when she returns to work?
(a) Call the local police detective.
(b) Access her computer files.
(c) Talk to the studio head.
(d) Talk to her co-workers.
10. Who do Candy and Spenser go to see after leaving the Farmer's Market?
(a) Sam Felton.
(b) An attorney.
(c) A doctor.
(d) An agent.
11. Why do Spenser and Candy return to his hotel before she goes back to work, after her recovery?
(a) To use the pool.
(b) To talk to the concierge.
(c) To pick up his cell phone.
(d) For a fresh change of clothes.
12. Who does Spenser intend to tell about his and Candy's late night activity the night before they visit the Oceania offices?
(b) Mickey Rafferty.
(c) Richard Hammond.
(d) Detective Odell.
13. Why does Candy Sloan want to hire Spenser?
(a) To serve papers.
(b) For personal protection.
(c) To investigate a theft.
(d) To investigate her husband.
14. What does Spenser show Candy in the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) A picture of Susan.
(b) How to use a gun.
(c) A self-defense manuever.
(d) A short cut.
15. What best describes Mickey Rafferty's appearance?
(a) Professional and clean.
(b) Short and tough-looking.
(c) Tall and lanky.
(d) Unkempt and gritty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mickey Rafferty?
2. Who hired the person who is waiting near Candy's car in Chapter 7?
3. Who walks Spenser and Candy to their car when they leave Summit Studios?
4. What does Candy Sloan tell Spenser she does NOT want him to do in Chapter 2?
5. Who is Rachel Wallace?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)