|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Susan?
(a) The person Spenser is reading about.
(b) Spenser's mother.
(c) Spenser's girlfriend.
(d) Spenser's landlady.
2. What does Spenser suggest to Mickey in Chapter 4?
(a) That Mickey should see a doctor.
(b) That Candy should stop her investigation.
(c) That Mickey should get to know Sam Felton.
(d) That Mickey is in danger.
3. Where does Spenser stay during Candy's recovery?
(a) In her house.
(b) Next door at Mickey's.
(c) In his hotel.
(d) In the apartment above her garage.
4. Who tells Candy and Spenser that Roger Hammond got the studio into financial trouble?
(a) Sam Felton.
(b) An attorney.
(c) An agent.
(d) A doctor.
5. What does Spenser tell Candy about Susan the night before they visit the Oceania offices?
(a) They are uncommitted.
(b) He loves her.
(c) She is terminally ill.
(d) She is a reliable source.
6. What does Rachel Wallace tell Spenser to expect?
(b) A package.
(d) A phone call.
7. Who is Rachel Wallace?
(a) A librarian.
(b) Spenser's sister.
(c) A writer.
(d) Spenser's co-worker.
8. Why do Spenser and Candy stop at the Farmer's Market in Chapter 7?
(a) To escape being followed.
(b) To talk to a farmer who knows Hammond.
(c) To buy vegetables for dinner.
(d) To meet with a potential informant.
9. How does Rachel Wallace react to the way Spenser answers the phone?
(a) She laughs.
(b) With pride.
(c) She calls him stuffy.
(d) She disapproves.
10. What is Spenser reading when the novel opens?
(a) The newspaper.
(b) A detective novel.
(c) A biography.
(d) A case file.
11. How long do Candy and Spenser have to wait before they are allowed to see the person they are visiting at the Oceania offices?
(a) 5 minutes.
(b) All day.
(c) A long time.
(d) They are greeted as they get off the elevator.
12. What does Sam Felton tell Candy when she asks him about her suspicions?
(a) He tells her she is right, but begs her not to tell anyone.
(b) He tells her she better know her place.
(c) He denies the whole thing.
(d) He tells her she worries too much.
13. What does the person who calls Spenser in Chapter 3 tell him?
(a) That Candy wants to meet with him at ten.
(b) That he is needed back in Boston.
(c) That his credit card has been denied.
(d) That Candy has been hurt.
14. What best describes Roger Hammond's reaction to seeing Spenser and Candy after their meeting?
15. How does Roger Hammond initially react to Candy and Spenser?
(a) He's pleasant and helpful.
(b) He's suspicious of their motives.
(c) He's polite, but reserved.
(d) He's rude and offensive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Candy Sloan say will pay for Spenser's services?
2. Who first calls Spenser in Chapter 1?
3. Who else is present when Candy and Spenser make their visit to the Oceania offices?
4. What causes Spenser to speak rudely to Peter Brewster?
5. What do Spenser and Candy do the night they meet with Roger Hammond and have drinks together?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)