|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roger Hammond promise Candy he will do?
(a) Meet with her in one week to share information.
(b) Call her.
(c) Report her conduct to the studio head.
(d) Update her on his investigation.
2. How long do Candy and Spenser have to wait before they are allowed to see the person they are visiting at the Oceania offices?
(a) 5 minutes.
(b) They are greeted as they get off the elevator.
(c) A long time.
(d) All day.
3. What does Rachel Wallace tell Spenser to expect?
(b) A package.
(c) A phone call.
4. Who does Spenser find in his hotel lobby in Chapter 3?
(a) A woman he doesn't know.
(b) Brian Sloan.
(c) Candy Sloan.
(d) A man he doesn't know.
5. What does Spenser hear that causes him to drive around the corner at the end of Chapter 7?
(b) A building alarm.
(c) Police sirens.
6. Who joins Spenser and Candy after they leave the meeting with Roger Hammond?
(a) A publicist.
(b) An agent.
(c) A producer.
(d) An administrative assistant.
7. What does the person who calls Spenser in Chapter 3 tell him?
(a) That Candy has been hurt.
(b) That his credit card has been denied.
(c) That he is needed back in Boston.
(d) That Candy wants to meet with him at ten.
8. Who threatens to complain to Candy's boss after she says she has a witness to a bribe payoff?
(a) LuAnn Ramsey.
(b) Carol Zogby.
(c) Detective Odell.
(d) Peter Brewster.
9. Who drives the car on the way back from the meeting with Roger Hammond?
(a) No one, the tires are flat.
(c) No one, the engine won't start.
10. Who do Candy and Spenser go to see after leaving the Farmer's Market?
(a) A doctor.
(b) An attorney.
(c) Sam Felton.
(d) An agent.
11. What does Mickey do at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Tries to hit Spenser.
(b) Gives Spenser a business card.
(c) Buys Spenser's meal.
(d) Tells Candy to look into Summit Studios.
12. What best describes Mickey Rafferty's mood when Spenser first meets him?
13. Why do Spenser and Candy have to wait to see Roger Hammond?
(a) No reason is given.
(b) He is in a meeting.
(c) He is out of the office.
(d) He is on a long distance call.
14. What does Candy Sloan tell Spenser she does NOT want him to do in Chapter 2?
(a) Investigate the case.
(b) Talk to her boss.
(c) Drink on the job.
(d) Go to the 3rd floor.
15. Under what circumstances do Candy and Spenser leave Roger Hammond's office?
(a) Hammond's secretary tells him he has an appointment.
(b) They are kicked out by Hammond.
(c) Hammond walks them to the parking lot.
(d) They leave out a back door.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sam Felton?
2. Who else is present when Candy and Spenser make their visit to the Oceania offices?
3. What is Spenser reading when the novel opens?
4. Who calls Spenser after his shower in Chapter 3?
5. What does Mickey tell Spenser in Chapter 3?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)