Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Peter Brewster call at the end of Chapter 11?
(a) Carol Zogby.
(b) Sam Felton.
2. What does Spenser note about Los Angeles in Chapter 3?
(a) Two streets have the same name.
(b) It's sunny and smoggy at the same time.
(c) People look different than they do in Boston.
(d) They have fresh fruit everywhere.
3. Where does Spenser go with Mickey Rafferty in Chapter 3?
(a) To the hotel bar.
(b) To Candy's house.
(c) To the hotel pool.
(d) To the station where Candy works.
4. What does Rachel Wallace tell Spenser to expect?
(a) A package.
(d) A phone call.
5. Who walks Spenser and Candy to their car when they leave Summit Studios?
(a) Security guards.
(b) Mickey Rafferty.
(c) A secretary.
(d) Roger Hammond.
6. What is Mickey's job?
(a) Camera man.
(b) Personal assistant.
(c) Stunt man.
(d) Security guard.
7. Who do Candy and Spenser go to visit the day after their visit to Roger Hammond?
(a) Peter Brewster.
(b) Carol Zogby.
(c) LuAnn Ramsey.
(d) Detective Odell.
8. Where does Spenser escort Candy the evening after meeting with Roger Hammond?
(a) To a cocktail hour for journalists.
(b) To an awards show.
(c) To dinner.
(d) To the police station.
9. How long do Candy and Spenser have to wait before they are allowed to see the person they are visiting at the Oceania offices?
(a) All day.
(b) They are greeted as they get off the elevator.
(c) A long time.
(d) 5 minutes.
10. What do Spenser and Candy do after stopping by his hotel on the day she returns to work?
(a) He makes a phone call to another investigator.
(b) She takes a nap.
(c) Go to the pharmacy.
(d) Go to lunch.
11. Why do Spenser and Candy have to wait to see Roger Hammond?
(a) He is on a long distance call.
(b) No reason is given.
(c) He is out of the office.
(d) He is in a meeting.
12. What does Candy Sloan tell Spenser she does NOT want him to do in Chapter 2?
(a) Talk to her boss.
(b) Go to the 3rd floor.
(c) Drink on the job.
(d) Investigate the case.
13. Who does Candy think Sam Felton is involved with?
(a) The mob.
(b) His co-star.
(c) The casino industry.
(d) A loan shark.
14. What does Candy Sloan say she would rather NOT do when she talks to Spenser on the phone?
(c) Give details over the phone.
(d) Give details using email.
15. What causes Spenser to speak rudely to Peter Brewster?
(a) Something Detective Odell tells him.
(b) His rudeness to Candy.
(c) The way his assistant treats them.
(d) A picture he sees on Brewster's desk.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Spenser get the information he wants from the person waiting near Candy's car in Chapter 7?
2. Why does the person in Chapter 7 tell Candy that he believes Roger Hammond is lying?
3. Who meets Spenser at the airport in Chapter 2?
4. What does Spenser tell Candy about Susan the night before they visit the Oceania offices?
5. Who is Rachel Wallace?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)