|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Spenser get the information he wants from the person waiting near Candy's car in Chapter 7?
(a) By agreeing to do something in exchange.
(b) He pays for it with cash.
(c) He threatens the person with exposing information.
(d) At gunpoint.
2. What does Roger Hammond want from Candy after she shares her suspicions?
(a) Updates on her progress.
(b) The name of her source.
(c) To help in the investigation.
(d) Her phone number.
3. What does Mickey do at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Tells Candy to look into Summit Studios.
(b) Gives Spenser a business card.
(c) Buys Spenser's meal.
(d) Tries to hit Spenser.
4. What does the person who calls Spenser in Chapter 3 tell him?
(a) That Candy wants to meet with him at ten.
(b) That Candy has been hurt.
(c) That he is needed back in Boston.
(d) That his credit card has been denied.
5. Where does Spenser go with Mickey Rafferty in Chapter 3?
(a) To the hotel pool.
(b) To Candy's house.
(c) To the hotel bar.
(d) To the station where Candy works.
6. Who walks Spenser and Candy to their car when they leave Summit Studios?
(a) Roger Hammond.
(b) Security guards.
(c) Mickey Rafferty.
(d) A secretary.
7. Who does Spenser find in his hotel lobby in Chapter 3?
(a) Candy Sloan.
(b) Brian Sloan.
(c) A man he doesn't know.
(d) A woman he doesn't know.
8. Where does Spenser stay in Chapter 2?
(a) In a hotel.
(b) Above someone's garage.
(c) In a penthouse apartment.
(d) In someone's spare bedroom.
9. How does Roger Hammond react when Candy shares her corruption suspicions?
(a) He becomes hostile.
(b) He agrees to help if he can.
(c) He shares his own suspicions.
(d) He dismisses suspicions and calls her naive.
10. Who first calls Spenser in Chapter 1?
(a) A former client.
(b) His lover.
(c) His mother.
(d) A bill collector.
11. How does Rachel Wallace react to the way Spenser answers the phone?
(a) She laughs.
(b) With pride.
(c) She disapproves.
(d) She calls him stuffy.
12. Who is Rachel Wallace?
(a) A writer.
(b) A librarian.
(c) Spenser's co-worker.
(d) Spenser's sister.
13. What does Spenser tell Candy to do when he calls her at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) To stay hidden.
(b) To call Mickey and have him pick her up.
(c) To get her car and drive straight home.
(d) To get her car and pick him up.
14. What does Candy tell the person that she and Spenser go to see after leaving the Farmer's Market?
(a) This this investigation could make her career.
(b) That she knows what this person has done.
(c) That she has been ill.
(d) This she has information the person wants.
15. Where does Spenser go by plane in Chapter 2?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) New Orleans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Candy Sloan?
2. What best describes Mickey Rafferty's appearance?
3. What does Candy suggest the next move should be on the evening after meeting with Roger Hammond?
4. What do Spenser and Candy do the night they meet with Roger Hammond and have drinks together?
5. Where does Spenser stay during Candy's recovery?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)