|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Candy Sloan?
(a) A business executive.
(b) Another private investigator.
(c) A curator.
(d) A reporter.
2. Who tells Candy and Spenser that Roger Hammond got the studio into financial trouble?
(a) An attorney.
(b) A doctor.
(c) An agent.
(d) Sam Felton.
3. What does Spenser tell Candy to do as they are leaving Summit Studios?
(a) Act naturally.
(b) Take a few odd turns.
(c) Wait in the car while he runs back inside.
(d) Call Hammond's office.
4. Who does Candy tell Spenser called her after they parted ways the day he arrived in town?
(a) A man claiming to have information.
(b) Rachel Wallace.
(c) Her boss.
(d) Allan Pinkerton.
5. What does the person who calls Spenser in Chapter 3 tell him?
(a) That Candy has been hurt.
(b) That Candy wants to meet with him at ten.
(c) That his credit card has been denied.
(d) That he is needed back in Boston.
6. How does Roger Hammond initially react to Candy and Spenser?
(a) He's pleasant and helpful.
(b) He's polite, but reserved.
(c) He's suspicious of their motives.
(d) He's rude and offensive.
7. How does Rachel Wallace react to the way Spenser answers the phone?
(a) With pride.
(b) She calls him stuffy.
(c) She laughs.
(d) She disapproves.
8. What does Roger Hammond promise Candy he will do?
(a) Meet with her in one week to share information.
(b) Call her.
(c) Report her conduct to the studio head.
(d) Update her on his investigation.
9. Where is the first place Candy goes at the Farmer's Market in Chapter 7?
(a) A stall selling berries.
(b) A stall selling lettuce and bok choy.
(c) The concession stand.
(d) The bathroom.
10. How does Spenser get the information he wants from the person waiting near Candy's car in Chapter 7?
(a) By agreeing to do something in exchange.
(b) He threatens the person with exposing information.
(c) He pays for it with cash.
(d) At gunpoint.
11. How does Spenser answer the phone in Chapter 1?
(a) By pretending to be someone else.
(c) By saying, Spense here.
(d) He lets the machine pick up.
12. Where is Candy left stranded in Chapter 3?
(a) The Ventura Freeway.
(b) Behind an abandoned warehouse.
(c) The departing flights zone.
(d) By the giraffe exhibit.
13. Where does Candy go to meet the person who called her on the day that Spenser arrived in town?
(a) The parking lot of Wal-mart.
(b) The zoo parking lot.
(c) A cafe.
(d) The airport.
14. What does Candy suggest the next move should be on the evening after meeting with Roger Hammond?
(a) To meet with the president of Waverly, Inc.
(b) To interview employees at Summit Studios.
(c) To interview former employees of Roger Hammond.
(d) To meet with the president of Oceania.
15. Why does Candy Sloan want to hire Spenser?
(a) To investigate a theft.
(b) For personal protection.
(c) To investigate her husband.
(d) To serve papers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Spenser and Candy head for a drink after leaving the meeting with Roger Hammond?
2. Why do Spenser and Candy return to his hotel before she goes back to work, after her recovery?
3. Who threatens to complain to Candy's boss after she says she has a witness to a bribe payoff?
4. Where does Spenser go by plane in Chapter 2?
5. What does Sam Felton tell Candy when she asks him about her suspicions?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)