|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Spenser hear that causes him to drive around the corner at the end of Chapter 7?
(b) Police sirens.
(d) A building alarm.
2. What is Oceania Limited?
(a) A cover for an illegal organization.
(b) The company owned by Carol Zogby.
(c) A talent agency.
(d) The parent company of Summit Studios.
3. How does Spenser dress in Chapter 3?
(a) In a business suit and tie.
(b) In jeans and a t-shirt.
(c) In a seersucker suit.
(d) In a casual suit.
4. Where is Candy left stranded in Chapter 3?
(a) Behind an abandoned warehouse.
(b) The departing flights zone.
(c) By the giraffe exhibit.
(d) The Ventura Freeway.
5. Why do Spenser and Candy have to wait to see Roger Hammond?
(a) He is on a long distance call.
(b) He is out of the office.
(c) He is in a meeting.
(d) No reason is given.
6. How does Rachel Wallace react to the way Spenser answers the phone?
(a) She laughs.
(b) With pride.
(c) She disapproves.
(d) She calls him stuffy.
7. Who is Candy Sloan?
(a) A business executive.
(b) Another private investigator.
(c) A curator.
(d) A reporter.
8. Who is Sam Felton?
(a) An actor for Summit Studios.
(b) A security guard at Summit Studios.
(c) A movie producer at Summit Studios.
(d) A night guard for Summit Studios.
9. What happens to Candy when she meets the person who called her on the evening of Spenser's arrival?
(a) She is given a packet of confidential files.
(b) She is fired.
(c) She is abducted and beaten.
(d) She is blackmailed.
10. Where is the first place Candy goes at the Farmer's Market in Chapter 7?
(a) A stall selling berries.
(b) The concession stand.
(c) The bathroom.
(d) A stall selling lettuce and bok choy.
11. Who do Candy and Spenser go to see after leaving the Farmer's Market?
(a) Sam Felton.
(b) An agent.
(c) A doctor.
(d) An attorney.
12. What is Roger Hammond's job?
(a) He is the owner of a newspaper and a television station.
(b) He is the CEO of Hammond Enterprises.
(c) He is the head of Summit Studios.
(d) He is the producer of Investigation Now!
13. What does Spenser tell Candy to do as they are leaving Summit Studios?
(a) Call Hammond's office.
(b) Wait in the car while he runs back inside.
(c) Take a few odd turns.
(d) Act naturally.
14. Who hired the person who is waiting near Candy's car in Chapter 7?
(a) The same man who beat her.
(b) Roger Hammond.
(c) Sam Felton.
(d) A thug named Bones.
15. Who is Mickey Rafferty?
(a) Candy Sloan's brother.
(b) Candy Sloan's would-be boyfriend.
(c) The concierge at Spenser's hotel.
(d) A driver for the station that Candy works for.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who joins Spenser and Candy after they leave the meeting with Roger Hammond?
2. What does Roger Hammond accuse Candy of after she shares her suspicions?
3. Why do Spenser and Candy stop at the Farmer's Market in Chapter 7?
4. Under what circumstances do Candy and Spenser leave Roger Hammond's office?
5. Where does Spenser stay in Chapter 2?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)