|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Oceania Limited?
(a) The parent company of Summit Studios.
(b) The company owned by Carol Zogby.
(c) A cover for an illegal organization.
(d) A talent agency.
2. How does Roger Hammond react when Candy shares her corruption suspicions?
(a) He becomes hostile.
(b) He shares his own suspicions.
(c) He dismisses suspicions and calls her naive.
(d) He agrees to help if he can.
3. Who first calls Spenser in Chapter 1?
(a) His lover.
(b) A bill collector.
(c) A former client.
(d) His mother.
4. Where does Spenser go by plane in Chapter 2?
(a) New Orleans.
(c) Los Angeles.
5. Who does Spenser find waiting near Candy's car in Chapter 7?
(a) Roger Hammond.
(b) Sam Felton.
(c) Mickey Rafferty.
(d) A strange man.
6. Who threatens to complain to Candy's boss after she says she has a witness to a bribe payoff?
(a) Peter Brewster.
(b) Detective Odell.
(c) LuAnn Ramsey.
(d) Carol Zogby.
7. What is Spenser reading when the novel opens?
(a) A case file.
(b) The newspaper.
(c) A detective novel.
(d) A biography.
8. Who joins Spenser and Candy after they leave the meeting with Roger Hammond?
(a) An agent.
(b) A producer.
(c) An administrative assistant.
(d) A publicist.
9. How does Spenser answer the phone in Chapter 1?
(a) By pretending to be someone else.
(b) He lets the machine pick up.
(c) By saying, Spense here.
10. Why do Spenser and Candy have to wait to see Roger Hammond?
(a) He is out of the office.
(b) He is in a meeting.
(c) No reason is given.
(d) He is on a long distance call.
11. Who drives the car on the way back from the meeting with Roger Hammond?
(a) No one, the tires are flat.
(c) No one, the engine won't start.
12. Who is Sam Felton?
(a) A night guard for Summit Studios.
(b) A security guard at Summit Studios.
(c) An actor for Summit Studios.
(d) A movie producer at Summit Studios.
13. Who is Rachel Wallace?
(a) Spenser's sister.
(b) A writer.
(c) Spenser's co-worker.
(d) A librarian.
14. What is true of Candy when Spenser first sees her in Chapter 3?
(a) She is giving orders to others.
(b) Her face is bruised.
(c) She is yelling at her brother.
(d) She is wearing a red suit.
15. Who is Susan?
(a) Spenser's mother.
(b) Spenser's landlady.
(c) Spenser's girlfriend.
(d) The person Spenser is reading about.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Peter Brewster call at the end of Chapter 11?
2. What causes Spenser to speak rudely to Peter Brewster?
3. What does Candy suggest the next move should be on the evening after meeting with Roger Hammond?
4. How does Roger Hammond initially react to Candy and Spenser?
5. What is the relationship between Mickey and Candy?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)