|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Spenser find waiting near Candy's car in Chapter 7?
(a) Sam Felton.
(b) Roger Hammond.
(c) Mickey Rafferty.
(d) A strange man.
2. Who gave Spenser the material he is reading when the novel opens?
(a) The librarian.
(b) His girlfriend.
(c) His co-worker.
(d) His mother.
3. Why do Spenser and Candy have to wait to see Roger Hammond?
(a) No reason is given.
(b) He is in a meeting.
(c) He is on a long distance call.
(d) He is out of the office.
4. Where is Candy left stranded in Chapter 3?
(a) The Ventura Freeway.
(b) The departing flights zone.
(c) By the giraffe exhibit.
(d) Behind an abandoned warehouse.
5. Where is the first place Candy goes at the Farmer's Market in Chapter 7?
(a) The concession stand.
(b) A stall selling lettuce and bok choy.
(c) A stall selling berries.
(d) The bathroom.
6. What has Candy Sloan received that motivates her to contact Spenser?
(b) A terminal diagnosis.
(c) An inheritance.
(d) An anonymous letter.
7. Who is Sam Felton?
(a) A night guard for Summit Studios.
(b) A security guard at Summit Studios.
(c) An actor for Summit Studios.
(d) A movie producer at Summit Studios.
8. What causes Spenser to speak rudely to Peter Brewster?
(a) A picture he sees on Brewster's desk.
(b) Something Detective Odell tells him.
(c) His rudeness to Candy.
(d) The way his assistant treats them.
9. Who does Candy Sloan say will pay for Spenser's services?
(a) Her trust fund.
(b) Her business.
(c) She will pay.
(d) Her employer.
10. What does Roger Hammond promise Candy he will do?
(a) Update her on his investigation.
(b) Call her.
(c) Report her conduct to the studio head.
(d) Meet with her in one week to share information.
11. What does Spenser suggest to Mickey in Chapter 4?
(a) That Mickey is in danger.
(b) That Mickey should see a doctor.
(c) That Candy should stop her investigation.
(d) That Mickey should get to know Sam Felton.
12. What is the relationship between Mickey and Candy?
(a) They are brother and sister.
(b) He thinks she is his girlfriend.
(c) They have never met.
(d) She once interviewed him for a story.
13. Where does Spenser go with Mickey Rafferty in Chapter 3?
(a) To the hotel pool.
(b) To the station where Candy works.
(c) To Candy's house.
(d) To the hotel bar.
14. Why does Candy Sloan want to hire Spenser?
(a) For personal protection.
(b) To investigate her husband.
(c) To investigate a theft.
(d) To serve papers.
15. What does Spenser show Candy in the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) A short cut.
(b) How to use a gun.
(c) A self-defense manuever.
(d) A picture of Susan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Candy Sloan say she would rather NOT do when she talks to Spenser on the phone?
2. How does Roger Hammond initially react to Candy and Spenser?
3. What does Candy suggest the next move should be on the evening after meeting with Roger Hammond?
4. Who hired the person who is waiting near Candy's car in Chapter 7?
5. What does the person who calls Spenser in Chapter 3 tell him?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)