|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Candy tell Spenser called her after they parted ways the day he arrived in town?
(a) Allan Pinkerton.
(b) A man claiming to have information.
(c) Rachel Wallace.
(d) Her boss.
2. What does Spenser note about Los Angeles in Chapter 3?
(a) People look different than they do in Boston.
(b) It's sunny and smoggy at the same time.
(c) Two streets have the same name.
(d) They have fresh fruit everywhere.
3. What does Spenser tell Candy to do when he calls her at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) To get her car and drive straight home.
(b) To get her car and pick him up.
(c) To stay hidden.
(d) To call Mickey and have him pick her up.
4. Who does Peter Brewster call at the end of Chapter 11?
(a) Sam Felton.
(c) Carol Zogby.
5. Where is the first place Candy goes at the Farmer's Market in Chapter 7?
(a) A stall selling lettuce and bok choy.
(b) The bathroom.
(c) A stall selling berries.
(d) The concession stand.
6. Where is Candy left stranded in Chapter 3?
(a) The Ventura Freeway.
(b) Behind an abandoned warehouse.
(c) The departing flights zone.
(d) By the giraffe exhibit.
7. Under what circumstances do Candy and Spenser leave Roger Hammond's office?
(a) Hammond walks them to the parking lot.
(b) Hammond's secretary tells him he has an appointment.
(c) They are kicked out by Hammond.
(d) They leave out a back door.
8. Who tells Candy and Spenser that Roger Hammond got the studio into financial trouble?
(a) An agent.
(b) An attorney.
(c) A doctor.
(d) Sam Felton.
9. Who joins Spenser and Candy after they leave the meeting with Roger Hammond?
(a) An agent.
(b) An administrative assistant.
(c) A publicist.
(d) A producer.
10. Where does Spenser escort Candy the evening after meeting with Roger Hammond?
(a) To a cocktail hour for journalists.
(b) To the police station.
(c) To dinner.
(d) To an awards show.
11. What does Roger Hammond want from Candy after she shares her suspicions?
(a) Her phone number.
(b) Updates on her progress.
(c) To help in the investigation.
(d) The name of her source.
12. Who gave Spenser the material he is reading when the novel opens?
(a) The librarian.
(b) His co-worker.
(c) His girlfriend.
(d) His mother.
13. What is the relationship between Mickey and Candy?
(a) They have never met.
(b) He thinks she is his girlfriend.
(c) She once interviewed him for a story.
(d) They are brother and sister.
14. Who walks Spenser and Candy to their car when they leave Summit Studios?
(a) A secretary.
(b) Mickey Rafferty.
(c) Roger Hammond.
(d) Security guards.
15. What best describes Mickey Rafferty's mood when Spenser first meets him?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who hired the person who is waiting near Candy's car in Chapter 7?
2. Who is Mickey Rafferty?
3. What is the first thing Candy wants to do when she returns to work?
4. What does Candy Sloan say she would rather NOT do when she talks to Spenser on the phone?
5. Why do Spenser and Candy return to his hotel before she goes back to work, after her recovery?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)