|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mickey tell Spenser in Chapter 3?
(a) That he is isn't doing his job.
(b) That the Sunrise Cafe is very private.
(c) That the mob is very active in Los Angeles.
(d) That he suspects Candy's boss.
2. Why do Spenser and Candy stop at the Farmer's Market in Chapter 7?
(a) To escape being followed.
(b) To buy vegetables for dinner.
(c) To talk to a farmer who knows Hammond.
(d) To meet with a potential informant.
3. Who does Candy Sloan say will pay for Spenser's services?
(a) She will pay.
(b) Her trust fund.
(c) Her employer.
(d) Her business.
4. What is Oceania Limited?
(a) The company owned by Carol Zogby.
(b) The parent company of Summit Studios.
(c) A cover for an illegal organization.
(d) A talent agency.
5. Who walks Spenser and Candy to their car when they leave Summit Studios?
(a) Mickey Rafferty.
(b) Security guards.
(c) Roger Hammond.
(d) A secretary.
6. Who is Candy Sloan?
(a) A business executive.
(b) A curator.
(c) A reporter.
(d) Another private investigator.
7. What does Roger Hammond want from Candy after she shares her suspicions?
(a) Updates on her progress.
(b) The name of her source.
(c) Her phone number.
(d) To help in the investigation.
8. What does Mickey do at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Tries to hit Spenser.
(b) Gives Spenser a business card.
(c) Tells Candy to look into Summit Studios.
(d) Buys Spenser's meal.
9. Where is the first place Candy goes at the Farmer's Market in Chapter 7?
(a) A stall selling berries.
(b) The bathroom.
(c) A stall selling lettuce and bok choy.
(d) The concession stand.
10. Where does Spenser stay in Chapter 2?
(a) Above someone's garage.
(b) In someone's spare bedroom.
(c) In a penthouse apartment.
(d) In a hotel.
11. Where does Candy go to meet the person who called her on the day that Spenser arrived in town?
(a) A cafe.
(b) The airport.
(c) The parking lot of Wal-mart.
(d) The zoo parking lot.
12. What does the person look like who is waiting near Candy's car in Chapter 7?
(a) She is a teenager with braces and stringy hair.
(b) He is a blond man.
(c) He is a bald African-American man.
(d) She is a short redhead.
13. What does Rachel Wallace tell Spenser to expect?
(a) A package.
(d) A phone call.
14. What does Spenser suggest to Mickey in Chapter 4?
(a) That Mickey should see a doctor.
(b) That Candy should stop her investigation.
(c) That Mickey should get to know Sam Felton.
(d) That Mickey is in danger.
15. How does Spenser dress in Chapter 3?
(a) In a casual suit.
(b) In a seersucker suit.
(c) In jeans and a t-shirt.
(d) In a business suit and tie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Spenser find waiting near Candy's car in Chapter 7?
2. What best describes Roger Hammond's reaction to seeing Spenser and Candy after their meeting?
3. What does Roger Hammond accuse Candy of after she shares her suspicions?
4. What does Spenser show Candy in the beginning of Chapter 8?
5. Why does Candy Sloan want to hire Spenser?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)