|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who first calls Spenser in Chapter 1?
(a) A former client.
(b) His lover.
(c) His mother.
(d) A bill collector.
2. Who does Spenser find in his hotel lobby in Chapter 3?
(a) Candy Sloan.
(b) A woman he doesn't know.
(c) Brian Sloan.
(d) A man he doesn't know.
3. What does Spenser hear that causes him to drive around the corner at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) Police sirens.
(d) A building alarm.
4. What does Spenser note about Los Angeles in Chapter 3?
(a) People look different than they do in Boston.
(b) They have fresh fruit everywhere.
(c) Two streets have the same name.
(d) It's sunny and smoggy at the same time.
5. What does Spenser do after breakfast in Chapter 3?
(a) Checks his email.
(b) Goes for a run.
(c) Completes a crossword puzzle.
(d) Goes to a gym.
6. Who bailed out Roger Hammond when he got the studio into financial trouble?
(a) A west coast mob family.
(b) A company called Waverly, Inc.
(c) An east coast loan shark.
(d) A woman named Carol Zogby.
7. Under what circumstances do Candy and Spenser leave Roger Hammond's office?
(a) They leave out a back door.
(b) Hammond walks them to the parking lot.
(c) They are kicked out by Hammond.
(d) Hammond's secretary tells him he has an appointment.
8. Why do Spenser and Candy stop at the Farmer's Market in Chapter 7?
(a) To escape being followed.
(b) To talk to a farmer who knows Hammond.
(c) To meet with a potential informant.
(d) To buy vegetables for dinner.
9. What does Spenser tell Candy to do as they are leaving Summit Studios?
(a) Take a few odd turns.
(b) Wait in the car while he runs back inside.
(c) Call Hammond's office.
(d) Act naturally.
10. Where does Candy go to meet the person who called her on the day that Spenser arrived in town?
(a) A cafe.
(b) The zoo parking lot.
(c) The parking lot of Wal-mart.
(d) The airport.
11. What does Mickey tell Spenser in Chapter 3?
(a) That he is isn't doing his job.
(b) That the mob is very active in Los Angeles.
(c) That he suspects Candy's boss.
(d) That the Sunrise Cafe is very private.
12. Why do Spenser and Candy return to his hotel before she goes back to work, after her recovery?
(a) To use the pool.
(b) For a fresh change of clothes.
(c) To talk to the concierge.
(d) To pick up his cell phone.
13. Who do Candy and Spenser go to see after leaving the Farmer's Market?
(a) An agent.
(b) Sam Felton.
(c) A doctor.
(d) An attorney.
14. Who do Candy and Spenser go to visit the day after their visit to Roger Hammond?
(a) Peter Brewster.
(b) Detective Odell.
(c) LuAnn Ramsey.
(d) Carol Zogby.
15. What does Spenser suggest to Mickey in Chapter 4?
(a) That Mickey should see a doctor.
(b) That Candy should stop her investigation.
(c) That Mickey is in danger.
(d) That Mickey should get to know Sam Felton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person who calls Spenser in Chapter 3 tell him?
2. Who does Spenser intend to tell about his and Candy's late night activity the night before they visit the Oceania offices?
3. Why does the person in Chapter 7 tell Candy that he believes Roger Hammond is lying?
4. Who tells Candy and Spenser that Roger Hammond got the studio into financial trouble?
5. Who does Candy think Sam Felton is involved with?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)