|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Candy Sloan tell Spenser she does NOT want him to do in Chapter 2?
(a) Go to the 3rd floor.
(b) Investigate the case.
(c) Talk to her boss.
(d) Drink on the job.
2. What is the relationship between Mickey and Candy?
(a) She once interviewed him for a story.
(b) They have never met.
(c) He thinks she is his girlfriend.
(d) They are brother and sister.
3. Who is Candy Sloan?
(a) A reporter.
(b) Another private investigator.
(c) A curator.
(d) A business executive.
4. What does Roger Hammond promise Candy he will do?
(a) Call her.
(b) Meet with her in one week to share information.
(c) Report her conduct to the studio head.
(d) Update her on his investigation.
5. What does Spenser tell Candy to do when he calls her at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) To call Mickey and have him pick her up.
(b) To get her car and drive straight home.
(c) To get her car and pick him up.
(d) To stay hidden.
6. What does Spenser tell Candy to do as they are leaving Summit Studios?
(a) Take a few odd turns.
(b) Wait in the car while he runs back inside.
(c) Act naturally.
(d) Call Hammond's office.
7. Who drives the car on the way back from the meeting with Roger Hammond?
(b) No one, the engine won't start.
(d) No one, the tires are flat.
8. What is Roger Hammond's job?
(a) He is the head of Summit Studios.
(b) He is the owner of a newspaper and a television station.
(c) He is the CEO of Hammond Enterprises.
(d) He is the producer of Investigation Now!
9. Who meets Spenser at the airport in Chapter 2?
(a) No one.
(b) Rachel Wallace.
(c) A driver named Vic.
(d) Candy Sloan.
10. What does Spenser decide about the person waiting near Candy's car in Chapter 7?
(a) This person knows more than he or she is saying.
(b) This person is going to be of use.
(c) This person has no more information.
(d) This person is being used.
11. In Chapter 7, who tells Candy that he thinks Roger Hammond is lying?
(b) Steve Butler.
(c) Mike Wallace.
12. Why do Spenser and Candy have to wait to see Roger Hammond?
(a) He is on a long distance call.
(b) He is in a meeting.
(c) No reason is given.
(d) He is out of the office.
13. What does Spenser show Candy in the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) A self-defense manuever.
(b) A picture of Susan.
(c) A short cut.
(d) How to use a gun.
14. Who does Spenser intend to tell about his and Candy's late night activity the night before they visit the Oceania offices?
(a) Mickey Rafferty.
(b) Detective Odell.
(c) Richard Hammond.
15. What is Oceania Limited?
(a) A talent agency.
(b) The company owned by Carol Zogby.
(c) The parent company of Summit Studios.
(d) A cover for an illegal organization.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Spenser dress in Chapter 3?
2. Who does Candy tell Spenser called her after they parted ways the day he arrived in town?
3. What does the person look like who is waiting near Candy's car in Chapter 7?
4. What has Candy Sloan received that motivates her to contact Spenser?
5. What does Candy suggest the next move should be on the evening after meeting with Roger Hammond?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)