|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Candy Sloan say she would rather NOT do when she talks to Spenser on the phone?
(a) Give details over the phone.
(d) Give details using email.
2. How does Spenser answer the phone in Chapter 1?
(a) By pretending to be someone else.
(b) He lets the machine pick up.
(d) By saying, Spense here.
3. How long do Candy and Spenser have to wait before they are allowed to see the person they are visiting at the Oceania offices?
(a) 5 minutes.
(b) A long time.
(c) All day.
(d) They are greeted as they get off the elevator.
4. What happens to Candy when she meets the person who called her on the evening of Spenser's arrival?
(a) She is abducted and beaten.
(b) She is given a packet of confidential files.
(c) She is fired.
(d) She is blackmailed.
5. Where does Spenser go with Mickey Rafferty in Chapter 3?
(a) To the hotel pool.
(b) To the hotel bar.
(c) To the station where Candy works.
(d) To Candy's house.
6. Who does Spenser intend to tell about his and Candy's late night activity the night before they visit the Oceania offices?
(b) Mickey Rafferty.
(c) Richard Hammond.
(d) Detective Odell.
7. Who gave Spenser the material he is reading when the novel opens?
(a) His co-worker.
(b) His mother.
(c) The librarian.
(d) His girlfriend.
8. Who is Mickey Rafferty?
(a) Candy Sloan's would-be boyfriend.
(b) A driver for the station that Candy works for.
(c) Candy Sloan's brother.
(d) The concierge at Spenser's hotel.
9. What does Rachel Wallace tell Spenser to expect?
(b) A package.
(d) A phone call.
10. What does Spenser suggest to Mickey in Chapter 4?
(a) That Mickey is in danger.
(b) That Mickey should see a doctor.
(c) That Mickey should get to know Sam Felton.
(d) That Candy should stop her investigation.
11. How does Spenser dress in Chapter 3?
(a) In a business suit and tie.
(b) In a casual suit.
(c) In jeans and a t-shirt.
(d) In a seersucker suit.
12. What do Spenser and Candy do the night they meet with Roger Hammond and have drinks together?
(a) Observe a beating.
(b) Break into an office.
(c) Go skinny-dipping.
(d) Sleep together.
13. Where does Spenser escort Candy the evening after meeting with Roger Hammond?
(a) To an awards show.
(b) To a cocktail hour for journalists.
(c) To the police station.
(d) To dinner.
14. Who does Spenser find in his hotel lobby in Chapter 3?
(a) Brian Sloan.
(b) A woman he doesn't know.
(c) A man he doesn't know.
(d) Candy Sloan.
15. Where do Spenser and Candy head for a drink after leaving the meeting with Roger Hammond?
(a) A vending machine.
(b) The Star Cafe.
(c) The commissary.
(d) The Blue Light Bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Spenser go by plane in Chapter 2?
2. What does Roger Hammond accuse Candy of after she shares her suspicions?
3. How does Roger Hammond react when Candy shares her corruption suspicions?
4. What does the person who calls Spenser in Chapter 3 tell him?
5. What is true of Candy when Spenser first sees her in Chapter 3?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)