|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Candy Sloan say she would rather NOT do when she talks to Spenser on the phone?
(b) Give details using email.
(d) Give details over the phone.
2. What is Roger Hammond's job?
(a) He is the head of Summit Studios.
(b) He is the producer of Investigation Now!
(c) He is the CEO of Hammond Enterprises.
(d) He is the owner of a newspaper and a television station.
3. What does Spenser do after breakfast in Chapter 3?
(a) Goes to a gym.
(b) Checks his email.
(c) Goes for a run.
(d) Completes a crossword puzzle.
4. What does Spenser notice as he and Candy are leaving Summit Studios?
(a) Richard Hammond is arguing with his secretary.
(b) His cell phone is missing.
(c) They are being followed.
(d) There is a camera in their vehicle.
5. Where do Spenser and Candy head for a drink after leaving the meeting with Roger Hammond?
(a) The Star Cafe.
(b) The Blue Light Bar.
(c) The commissary.
(d) A vending machine.
6. What industry is the topic of Candy Sloan's work?
(a) The precious metals industry.
(b) The fine art industry.
(c) The movie industry.
(d) The health care industry.
7. What does Mickey tell Spenser in Chapter 3?
(a) That he suspects Candy's boss.
(b) That the mob is very active in Los Angeles.
(c) That he is isn't doing his job.
(d) That the Sunrise Cafe is very private.
8. What does Spenser decide about the person waiting near Candy's car in Chapter 7?
(a) This person knows more than he or she is saying.
(b) This person is being used.
(c) This person has no more information.
(d) This person is going to be of use.
9. Who else is present when Candy and Spenser make their visit to the Oceania offices?
(a) A security guard and the person's daughter.
(b) A security guard and a PR person.
(c) The CEO and the head of the board of directors.
(d) The person's daughter and attorney.
10. What best describes Roger Hammond's reaction to seeing Spenser and Candy after their meeting?
11. Who is Susan?
(a) The person Spenser is reading about.
(b) Spenser's landlady.
(c) Spenser's girlfriend.
(d) Spenser's mother.
12. What does Candy tell the person that she and Spenser go to see after leaving the Farmer's Market?
(a) That she has been ill.
(b) That she knows what this person has done.
(c) This she has information the person wants.
(d) This this investigation could make her career.
13. Where is Candy left stranded in Chapter 3?
(a) The departing flights zone.
(b) The Ventura Freeway.
(c) Behind an abandoned warehouse.
(d) By the giraffe exhibit.
14. How does Roger Hammond initially react to Candy and Spenser?
(a) He's suspicious of their motives.
(b) He's pleasant and helpful.
(c) He's polite, but reserved.
(d) He's rude and offensive.
15. Who does Candy tell Spenser called her after they parted ways the day he arrived in town?
(a) Allan Pinkerton.
(b) Rachel Wallace.
(c) A man claiming to have information.
(d) Her boss.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who drives the car on the way back from the meeting with Roger Hammond?
2. Who does Candy think Sam Felton is involved with?
3. What does Mickey do at the end of Chapter 3?
4. What does Candy suggest the next move should be on the evening after meeting with Roger Hammond?
5. Who meets Spenser at the airport in Chapter 2?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)