|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Spenser intend to tell about his and Candy's late night activity the night before they visit the Oceania offices?
(a) Richard Hammond.
(c) Mickey Rafferty.
(d) Detective Odell.
2. What does Mickey do at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Tells Candy to look into Summit Studios.
(b) Tries to hit Spenser.
(c) Buys Spenser's meal.
(d) Gives Spenser a business card.
3. How does Spenser dress in Chapter 3?
(a) In a seersucker suit.
(b) In jeans and a t-shirt.
(c) In a casual suit.
(d) In a business suit and tie.
4. Where do Spenser and Candy share drinks after their meeting with Roger Hammond?
(a) In a hotel bar.
(b) At a cocktail party.
(c) On her balcony.
(d) As they walk along the beach.
5. Who meets Spenser at the airport in Chapter 2?
(a) Candy Sloan.
(b) No one.
(c) A driver named Vic.
(d) Rachel Wallace.
6. What does Spenser tell Candy to do when he calls her at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) To get her car and pick him up.
(b) To stay hidden.
(c) To get her car and drive straight home.
(d) To call Mickey and have him pick her up.
7. What is Spenser reading when the novel opens?
(a) A case file.
(b) The newspaper.
(c) A biography.
(d) A detective novel.
8. Who is Rachel Wallace?
(a) Spenser's sister.
(b) A writer.
(c) A librarian.
(d) Spenser's co-worker.
9. Who drives the car on the way back from the meeting with Roger Hammond?
(b) No one, the engine won't start.
(d) No one, the tires are flat.
10. What is true of Candy when Spenser first sees her in Chapter 3?
(a) She is giving orders to others.
(b) Her face is bruised.
(c) She is wearing a red suit.
(d) She is yelling at her brother.
11. What does Mickey tell Spenser in Chapter 3?
(a) That he suspects Candy's boss.
(b) That the Sunrise Cafe is very private.
(c) That the mob is very active in Los Angeles.
(d) That he is isn't doing his job.
12. Who does Candy think Sam Felton is involved with?
(a) A loan shark.
(b) His co-star.
(c) The casino industry.
(d) The mob.
13. Why do Spenser and Candy have to wait to see Roger Hammond?
(a) He is in a meeting.
(b) No reason is given.
(c) He is out of the office.
(d) He is on a long distance call.
14. What does Spenser decide about the person waiting near Candy's car in Chapter 7?
(a) This person is going to be of use.
(b) This person has no more information.
(c) This person knows more than he or she is saying.
(d) This person is being used.
15. What does Candy Sloan tell Spenser she does NOT want him to do in Chapter 2?
(a) Go to the 3rd floor.
(b) Investigate the case.
(c) Talk to her boss.
(d) Drink on the job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Candy tell Spenser called her after they parted ways the day he arrived in town?
2. What has Candy Sloan received that motivates her to contact Spenser?
3. What is the first thing Candy wants to do when she returns to work?
4. What does Candy suggest the next move should be on the evening after meeting with Roger Hammond?
5. How does Roger Hammond react when Candy shares her corruption suspicions?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)