Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing Candy wants to do when she returns to work?
(a) Call the local police detective.
(b) Access her computer files.
(c) Talk to the studio head.
(d) Talk to her co-workers.
2. What does the person look like who is waiting near Candy's car in Chapter 7?
(a) He is a bald African-American man.
(b) She is a teenager with braces and stringy hair.
(c) He is a blond man.
(d) She is a short redhead.
3. What best describes Mickey Rafferty's mood when Spenser first meets him?
4. Who threatens to complain to Candy's boss after she says she has a witness to a bribe payoff?
(a) Detective Odell.
(b) Carol Zogby.
(c) LuAnn Ramsey.
(d) Peter Brewster.
5. Who is Sam Felton?
(a) A night guard for Summit Studios.
(b) An actor for Summit Studios.
(c) A movie producer at Summit Studios.
(d) A security guard at Summit Studios.
6. What do Spenser and Candy do the night they meet with Roger Hammond and have drinks together?
(a) Go skinny-dipping.
(b) Sleep together.
(c) Observe a beating.
(d) Break into an office.
7. What does Spenser suggest to Mickey in Chapter 4?
(a) That Mickey should see a doctor.
(b) That Candy should stop her investigation.
(c) That Mickey should get to know Sam Felton.
(d) That Mickey is in danger.
8. What has Candy Sloan received that motivates her to contact Spenser?
(a) An inheritance.
(c) A terminal diagnosis.
(d) An anonymous letter.
9. What does Mickey do at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Tells Candy to look into Summit Studios.
(b) Tries to hit Spenser.
(c) Gives Spenser a business card.
(d) Buys Spenser's meal.
10. Who else is present when Candy and Spenser make their visit to the Oceania offices?
(a) A security guard and a PR person.
(b) The CEO and the head of the board of directors.
(c) The person's daughter and attorney.
(d) A security guard and the person's daughter.
11. What happens to Candy when she meets the person who called her on the evening of Spenser's arrival?
(a) She is fired.
(b) She is blackmailed.
(c) She is given a packet of confidential files.
(d) She is abducted and beaten.
12. Who is Susan?
(a) Spenser's landlady.
(b) Spenser's mother.
(c) The person Spenser is reading about.
(d) Spenser's girlfriend.
13. Who first calls Spenser in Chapter 1?
(a) A former client.
(b) His mother.
(c) His lover.
(d) A bill collector.
14. Who drives the car on the way back from the meeting with Roger Hammond?
(a) No one, the engine won't start.
(b) No one, the tires are flat.
15. Who walks Spenser and Candy to their car when they leave Summit Studios?
(a) Security guards.
(b) Mickey Rafferty.
(c) Roger Hammond.
(d) A secretary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Spenser intend to tell about his and Candy's late night activity the night before they visit the Oceania offices?
2. Who bailed out Roger Hammond when he got the studio into financial trouble?
3. What is Spenser reading when the novel opens?
4. Who is Candy Sloan?
5. Who does Peter Brewster call at the end of Chapter 11?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)