|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Candy tell Spenser called her after they parted ways the day he arrived in town?
(a) Her boss.
(b) Allan Pinkerton.
(c) Rachel Wallace.
(d) A man claiming to have information.
2. What is true of Candy when Spenser first sees her in Chapter 3?
(a) She is giving orders to others.
(b) She is wearing a red suit.
(c) She is yelling at her brother.
(d) Her face is bruised.
3. What do Spenser and Candy do after stopping by his hotel on the day she returns to work?
(a) Go to lunch.
(b) She takes a nap.
(c) He makes a phone call to another investigator.
(d) Go to the pharmacy.
4. What does the person who calls Spenser in Chapter 3 tell him?
(a) That his credit card has been denied.
(b) That Candy wants to meet with him at ten.
(c) That Candy has been hurt.
(d) That he is needed back in Boston.
5. What does Spenser do after breakfast in Chapter 3?
(a) Goes to a gym.
(b) Checks his email.
(c) Goes for a run.
(d) Completes a crossword puzzle.
6. Who joins Spenser and Candy after they leave the meeting with Roger Hammond?
(a) A publicist.
(b) An administrative assistant.
(c) An agent.
(d) A producer.
7. What best describes Mickey Rafferty's mood when Spenser first meets him?
8. What does Sam Felton tell Candy when she asks him about her suspicions?
(a) He tells her she better know her place.
(b) He tells her she worries too much.
(c) He tells her she is right, but begs her not to tell anyone.
(d) He denies the whole thing.
9. In Chapter 7, who tells Candy that he thinks Roger Hammond is lying?
(a) Mike Wallace.
(c) Steve Butler.
10. Who tells Candy and Spenser that Roger Hammond got the studio into financial trouble?
(a) Sam Felton.
(b) A doctor.
(c) An agent.
(d) An attorney.
11. Who does Spenser intend to tell about his and Candy's late night activity the night before they visit the Oceania offices?
(a) Detective Odell.
(b) Mickey Rafferty.
(d) Richard Hammond.
12. How long do Candy and Spenser have to wait before they are allowed to see the person they are visiting at the Oceania offices?
(a) A long time.
(b) 5 minutes.
(c) All day.
(d) They are greeted as they get off the elevator.
13. Who does Peter Brewster call at the end of Chapter 11?
(a) Carol Zogby.
(b) Sam Felton.
14. Why do Spenser and Candy stop at the Farmer's Market in Chapter 7?
(a) To escape being followed.
(b) To talk to a farmer who knows Hammond.
(c) To buy vegetables for dinner.
(d) To meet with a potential informant.
15. How does Spenser dress in Chapter 3?
(a) In jeans and a t-shirt.
(b) In a casual suit.
(c) In a business suit and tie.
(d) In a seersucker suit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gave Spenser the material he is reading when the novel opens?
2. What happens to Candy when she meets the person who called her on the evening of Spenser's arrival?
3. What is the first thing Candy wants to do when she returns to work?
4. How does Roger Hammond initially react to Candy and Spenser?
5. Who drives the car on the way back from the meeting with Roger Hammond?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)