|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Susan?
(a) Spenser's girlfriend.
(b) Spenser's mother.
(c) The person Spenser is reading about.
(d) Spenser's landlady.
2. What does Candy suggest the next move should be on the evening after meeting with Roger Hammond?
(a) To meet with the president of Waverly, Inc.
(b) To meet with the president of Oceania.
(c) To interview former employees of Roger Hammond.
(d) To interview employees at Summit Studios.
3. Who drives the car on the way back from the meeting with Roger Hammond?
(a) No one, the engine won't start.
(c) No one, the tires are flat.
4. What is Oceania Limited?
(a) A cover for an illegal organization.
(b) A talent agency.
(c) The parent company of Summit Studios.
(d) The company owned by Carol Zogby.
5. Who meets Spenser at the airport in Chapter 2?
(a) No one.
(b) A driver named Vic.
(c) Candy Sloan.
(d) Rachel Wallace.
6. What does Spenser decide about the person waiting near Candy's car in Chapter 7?
(a) This person is being used.
(b) This person is going to be of use.
(c) This person knows more than he or she is saying.
(d) This person has no more information.
7. What is Mickey's job?
(a) Personal assistant.
(b) Security guard.
(c) Stunt man.
(d) Camera man.
8. What has Candy Sloan received that motivates her to contact Spenser?
(a) An anonymous letter.
(b) A terminal diagnosis.
(d) An inheritance.
9. Why do Spenser and Candy stop at the Farmer's Market in Chapter 7?
(a) To talk to a farmer who knows Hammond.
(b) To buy vegetables for dinner.
(c) To escape being followed.
(d) To meet with a potential informant.
10. Who bailed out Roger Hammond when he got the studio into financial trouble?
(a) An east coast loan shark.
(b) A woman named Carol Zogby.
(c) A company called Waverly, Inc.
(d) A west coast mob family.
11. What is the first thing Candy wants to do when she returns to work?
(a) Access her computer files.
(b) Talk to the studio head.
(c) Talk to her co-workers.
(d) Call the local police detective.
12. Where do Spenser and Candy head for a drink after leaving the meeting with Roger Hammond?
(a) The Blue Light Bar.
(b) The commissary.
(c) A vending machine.
(d) The Star Cafe.
13. Who gave Spenser the material he is reading when the novel opens?
(a) His mother.
(b) His girlfriend.
(c) The librarian.
(d) His co-worker.
14. Who does Candy think Sam Felton is involved with?
(a) The mob.
(b) His co-star.
(c) The casino industry.
(d) A loan shark.
15. How does Roger Hammond react when Candy shares her corruption suspicions?
(a) He dismisses suspicions and calls her naive.
(b) He agrees to help if he can.
(c) He shares his own suspicions.
(d) He becomes hostile.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Spenser do after breakfast in Chapter 3?
2. Where is the first place Candy goes at the Farmer's Market in Chapter 7?
3. Who is Candy Sloan?
4. What does Candy tell the person that she and Spenser go to see after leaving the Farmer's Market?
5. Where does Spenser stay in Chapter 2?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)