|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who bailed out Roger Hammond when he got the studio into financial trouble?
(a) A woman named Carol Zogby.
(b) A west coast mob family.
(c) A company called Waverly, Inc.
(d) An east coast loan shark.
2. What is the relationship between Mickey and Candy?
(a) She once interviewed him for a story.
(b) They have never met.
(c) They are brother and sister.
(d) He thinks she is his girlfriend.
3. What does Mickey tell Spenser in Chapter 3?
(a) That the Sunrise Cafe is very private.
(b) That he suspects Candy's boss.
(c) That he is isn't doing his job.
(d) That the mob is very active in Los Angeles.
4. Where does Spenser stay during Candy's recovery?
(a) Next door at Mickey's.
(b) In her house.
(c) In his hotel.
(d) In the apartment above her garage.
5. Who does Peter Brewster call at the end of Chapter 11?
(a) Carol Zogby.
(d) Sam Felton.
6. Who does Spenser intend to tell about his and Candy's late night activity the night before they visit the Oceania offices?
(a) Detective Odell.
(b) Richard Hammond.
(d) Mickey Rafferty.
7. What best describes Mickey Rafferty's appearance?
(a) Short and tough-looking.
(b) Tall and lanky.
(c) Unkempt and gritty.
(d) Professional and clean.
8. Where do Spenser and Candy share drinks after their meeting with Roger Hammond?
(a) As they walk along the beach.
(b) On her balcony.
(c) In a hotel bar.
(d) At a cocktail party.
9. Who is Rachel Wallace?
(a) A librarian.
(b) Spenser's sister.
(c) A writer.
(d) Spenser's co-worker.
10. What do Spenser and Candy do after stopping by his hotel on the day she returns to work?
(a) Go to the pharmacy.
(b) He makes a phone call to another investigator.
(c) She takes a nap.
(d) Go to lunch.
11. Who hired the person who is waiting near Candy's car in Chapter 7?
(a) Roger Hammond.
(b) Sam Felton.
(c) The same man who beat her.
(d) A thug named Bones.
12. Who threatens to complain to Candy's boss after she says she has a witness to a bribe payoff?
(a) LuAnn Ramsey.
(b) Detective Odell.
(c) Carol Zogby.
(d) Peter Brewster.
13. Who does Spenser find waiting near Candy's car in Chapter 7?
(a) Sam Felton.
(b) Roger Hammond.
(c) Mickey Rafferty.
(d) A strange man.
14. Who is Candy Sloan?
(a) A reporter.
(b) A curator.
(c) A business executive.
(d) Another private investigator.
15. What best describes Mickey Rafferty's mood when Spenser first meets him?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Candy and Spenser go to visit the day after their visit to Roger Hammond?
2. What does Spenser suggest to Mickey in Chapter 4?
3. Where is the first place Candy goes at the Farmer's Market in Chapter 7?
4. Where is Candy left stranded in Chapter 3?
5. What does Spenser note about Los Angeles in Chapter 3?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)