|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Candy go to meet the person who called her on the day that Spenser arrived in town?
(a) The zoo parking lot.
(b) A cafe.
(c) The parking lot of Wal-mart.
(d) The airport.
2. Why do Spenser and Candy have to wait to see Roger Hammond?
(a) He is in a meeting.
(b) He is out of the office.
(c) He is on a long distance call.
(d) No reason is given.
3. Who does Spenser find in his hotel lobby in Chapter 3?
(a) A woman he doesn't know.
(b) A man he doesn't know.
(c) Candy Sloan.
(d) Brian Sloan.
4. What do Spenser and Candy do the night they meet with Roger Hammond and have drinks together?
(a) Go skinny-dipping.
(b) Sleep together.
(c) Break into an office.
(d) Observe a beating.
5. Why do Spenser and Candy stop at the Farmer's Market in Chapter 7?
(a) To talk to a farmer who knows Hammond.
(b) To escape being followed.
(c) To buy vegetables for dinner.
(d) To meet with a potential informant.
6. Who does Spenser intend to tell about his and Candy's late night activity the night before they visit the Oceania offices?
(a) Richard Hammond.
(b) Mickey Rafferty.
(d) Detective Odell.
7. Who does Candy tell Spenser called her after they parted ways the day he arrived in town?
(a) Rachel Wallace.
(b) Allan Pinkerton.
(c) A man claiming to have information.
(d) Her boss.
8. What is the first thing Candy wants to do when she returns to work?
(a) Talk to her co-workers.
(b) Call the local police detective.
(c) Talk to the studio head.
(d) Access her computer files.
9. Who else is present when Candy and Spenser make their visit to the Oceania offices?
(a) The CEO and the head of the board of directors.
(b) A security guard and a PR person.
(c) A security guard and the person's daughter.
(d) The person's daughter and attorney.
10. What is Mickey's job?
(a) Camera man.
(b) Stunt man.
(c) Security guard.
(d) Personal assistant.
11. Who first calls Spenser in Chapter 1?
(a) A former client.
(b) His mother.
(c) His lover.
(d) A bill collector.
12. How does Spenser get the information he wants from the person waiting near Candy's car in Chapter 7?
(a) At gunpoint.
(b) He threatens the person with exposing information.
(c) He pays for it with cash.
(d) By agreeing to do something in exchange.
13. Who is Sam Felton?
(a) A security guard at Summit Studios.
(b) A night guard for Summit Studios.
(c) An actor for Summit Studios.
(d) A movie producer at Summit Studios.
14. Who is Susan?
(a) The person Spenser is reading about.
(b) Spenser's mother.
(c) Spenser's girlfriend.
(d) Spenser's landlady.
15. Who do Candy and Spenser go to visit the day after their visit to Roger Hammond?
(a) LuAnn Ramsey.
(b) Carol Zogby.
(c) Detective Odell.
(d) Peter Brewster.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Spenser find waiting near Candy's car in Chapter 7?
2. Who meets Spenser at the airport in Chapter 2?
3. Who walks Spenser and Candy to their car when they leave Summit Studios?
4. What does Spenser notice as he and Candy are leaving Summit Studios?
5. What does Candy Sloan tell Spenser she does NOT want him to do in Chapter 2?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)