|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Roger Hammond initially react to Candy and Spenser?
(a) He's suspicious of their motives.
(b) He's polite, but reserved.
(c) He's pleasant and helpful.
(d) He's rude and offensive.
2. What best describes Mickey Rafferty's mood when Spenser first meets him?
3. Who bailed out Roger Hammond when he got the studio into financial trouble?
(a) A west coast mob family.
(b) An east coast loan shark.
(c) A company called Waverly, Inc.
(d) A woman named Carol Zogby.
4. Why does the person in Chapter 7 tell Candy that he believes Roger Hammond is lying?
(a) Because Hammond and Felton are cousins.
(b) Because Hammond has a drug problem.
(c) Because he overheard a conversation.
(d) Because Felton would have told him about the accusations.
5. Who does Peter Brewster call at the end of Chapter 11?
(a) Carol Zogby.
(d) Sam Felton.
6. Who does Spenser intend to tell about his and Candy's late night activity the night before they visit the Oceania offices?
(b) Richard Hammond.
(c) Detective Odell.
(d) Mickey Rafferty.
7. What does Candy Sloan tell Spenser she does NOT want him to do in Chapter 2?
(a) Go to the 3rd floor.
(b) Drink on the job.
(c) Talk to her boss.
(d) Investigate the case.
8. What does Candy suggest the next move should be on the evening after meeting with Roger Hammond?
(a) To interview employees at Summit Studios.
(b) To interview former employees of Roger Hammond.
(c) To meet with the president of Oceania.
(d) To meet with the president of Waverly, Inc.
9. Who walks Spenser and Candy to their car when they leave Summit Studios?
(a) Security guards.
(b) Mickey Rafferty.
(c) Roger Hammond.
(d) A secretary.
10. Who gave Spenser the material he is reading when the novel opens?
(a) His co-worker.
(b) His girlfriend.
(c) The librarian.
(d) His mother.
11. What is Oceania Limited?
(a) The parent company of Summit Studios.
(b) A cover for an illegal organization.
(c) The company owned by Carol Zogby.
(d) A talent agency.
12. What does Spenser notice as he and Candy are leaving Summit Studios?
(a) They are being followed.
(b) Richard Hammond is arguing with his secretary.
(c) There is a camera in their vehicle.
(d) His cell phone is missing.
13. What does Rachel Wallace tell Spenser to expect?
(c) A phone call.
(d) A package.
14. What does Candy tell the person that she and Spenser go to see after leaving the Farmer's Market?
(a) This this investigation could make her career.
(b) That she knows what this person has done.
(c) This she has information the person wants.
(d) That she has been ill.
15. Why do Spenser and Candy have to wait to see Roger Hammond?
(a) He is out of the office.
(b) He is in a meeting.
(c) He is on a long distance call.
(d) No reason is given.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Candy Sloan say she would rather NOT do when she talks to Spenser on the phone?
2. Who does Spenser find in his hotel lobby in Chapter 3?
3. Who meets Spenser at the airport in Chapter 2?
4. Who else is present when Candy and Spenser make their visit to the Oceania offices?
5. Why do Spenser and Candy return to his hotel before she goes back to work, after her recovery?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)