|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Spenser dress in Chapter 3?
(a) In a business suit and tie.
(b) In a casual suit.
(c) In a seersucker suit.
(d) In jeans and a t-shirt.
2. Why do Spenser and Candy have to wait to see Roger Hammond?
(a) He is on a long distance call.
(b) He is out of the office.
(c) He is in a meeting.
(d) No reason is given.
3. What best describes Roger Hammond's reaction to seeing Spenser and Candy after their meeting?
4. Who tells Candy and Spenser that Roger Hammond got the studio into financial trouble?
(a) A doctor.
(b) An attorney.
(c) Sam Felton.
(d) An agent.
5. Who does Candy think Sam Felton is involved with?
(a) The mob.
(b) The casino industry.
(c) A loan shark.
(d) His co-star.
6. Who first calls Spenser in Chapter 1?
(a) His lover.
(b) A former client.
(c) A bill collector.
(d) His mother.
7. How does Rachel Wallace react to the way Spenser answers the phone?
(a) She calls him stuffy.
(b) She disapproves.
(c) With pride.
(d) She laughs.
8. What is Oceania Limited?
(a) The company owned by Carol Zogby.
(b) The parent company of Summit Studios.
(c) A talent agency.
(d) A cover for an illegal organization.
9. Where do Spenser and Candy share drinks after their meeting with Roger Hammond?
(a) As they walk along the beach.
(b) In a hotel bar.
(c) On her balcony.
(d) At a cocktail party.
10. How does Spenser answer the phone in Chapter 1?
(a) He lets the machine pick up.
(c) By saying, Spense here.
(d) By pretending to be someone else.
11. Who gave Spenser the material he is reading when the novel opens?
(a) His girlfriend.
(b) The librarian.
(c) His co-worker.
(d) His mother.
12. What does Spenser do after breakfast in Chapter 3?
(a) Goes for a run.
(b) Goes to a gym.
(c) Completes a crossword puzzle.
(d) Checks his email.
13. What does Spenser tell Candy to do as they are leaving Summit Studios?
(a) Call Hammond's office.
(b) Take a few odd turns.
(c) Act naturally.
(d) Wait in the car while he runs back inside.
14. Who does Spenser find waiting near Candy's car in Chapter 7?
(a) A strange man.
(b) Roger Hammond.
(c) Mickey Rafferty.
(d) Sam Felton.
15. What is the first thing Candy wants to do when she returns to work?
(a) Access her computer files.
(b) Talk to the studio head.
(c) Call the local police detective.
(d) Talk to her co-workers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Spenser and Candy do the night they meet with Roger Hammond and have drinks together?
2. What does Spenser suggest to Mickey in Chapter 4?
3. What does Roger Hammond accuse Candy of after she shares her suspicions?
4. What best describes Mickey Rafferty's mood when Spenser first meets him?
5. What does the person who calls Spenser in Chapter 3 tell him?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)