|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mickey see that instigated Candy's investigation?
(a) A bribe.
(b) A nighttime delivery.
(c) A murder.
(d) Surveillance footage.
2. What does Candy tell the person that she and Spenser go to see after leaving the Farmer's Market?
(a) This this investigation could make her career.
(b) That she has been ill.
(c) This she has information the person wants.
(d) That she knows what this person has done.
3. How does Roger Hammond initially react to Candy and Spenser?
(a) He's suspicious of their motives.
(b) He's rude and offensive.
(c) He's polite, but reserved.
(d) He's pleasant and helpful.
4. What is Spenser reading when the novel opens?
(a) A detective novel.
(b) A biography.
(c) A case file.
(d) The newspaper.
5. What happens to Candy when she meets the person who called her on the evening of Spenser's arrival?
(a) She is blackmailed.
(b) She is fired.
(c) She is given a packet of confidential files.
(d) She is abducted and beaten.
6. Who threatens to complain to Candy's boss after she says she has a witness to a bribe payoff?
(a) LuAnn Ramsey.
(b) Carol Zogby.
(c) Detective Odell.
(d) Peter Brewster.
7. Who does Peter Brewster call at the end of Chapter 11?
(a) Carol Zogby.
(c) Sam Felton.
8. What does Roger Hammond accuse Candy of after she shares her suspicions?
(a) Being naive about the industry.
(b) Wanting all the glory for herself.
(c) Making up lies.
(d) Putting her career ahead of her safety.
9. Who is Candy Sloan?
(a) A reporter.
(b) A business executive.
(c) A curator.
(d) Another private investigator.
10. Where does Spenser stay during Candy's recovery?
(a) In the apartment above her garage.
(b) Next door at Mickey's.
(c) In her house.
(d) In his hotel.
11. How does Spenser dress in Chapter 3?
(a) In a seersucker suit.
(b) In a casual suit.
(c) In jeans and a t-shirt.
(d) In a business suit and tie.
12. What does Candy suggest the next move should be on the evening after meeting with Roger Hammond?
(a) To interview former employees of Roger Hammond.
(b) To interview employees at Summit Studios.
(c) To meet with the president of Oceania.
(d) To meet with the president of Waverly, Inc.
13. What best describes Mickey Rafferty's appearance?
(a) Professional and clean.
(b) Tall and lanky.
(c) Short and tough-looking.
(d) Unkempt and gritty.
14. What does the person look like who is waiting near Candy's car in Chapter 7?
(a) He is a blond man.
(b) She is a short redhead.
(c) He is a bald African-American man.
(d) She is a teenager with braces and stringy hair.
15. What does Candy Sloan tell Spenser she does NOT want him to do in Chapter 2?
(a) Investigate the case.
(b) Talk to her boss.
(c) Drink on the job.
(d) Go to the 3rd floor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mickey's job?
2. Who meets Spenser at the airport in Chapter 2?
3. Who first calls Spenser in Chapter 1?
4. What does Roger Hammond promise Candy he will do?
5. What does Spenser do after breakfast in Chapter 3?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)