|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Spenser intend to tell about his and Candy's late night activity the night before they visit the Oceania offices?
(b) Mickey Rafferty.
(c) Richard Hammond.
(d) Detective Odell.
2. Why does the person in Chapter 7 tell Candy that he believes Roger Hammond is lying?
(a) Because Hammond and Felton are cousins.
(b) Because Hammond has a drug problem.
(c) Because Felton would have told him about the accusations.
(d) Because he overheard a conversation.
3. What does Mickey tell Spenser in Chapter 3?
(a) That he suspects Candy's boss.
(b) That the mob is very active in Los Angeles.
(c) That he is isn't doing his job.
(d) That the Sunrise Cafe is very private.
4. Why do Spenser and Candy return to his hotel before she goes back to work, after her recovery?
(a) To talk to the concierge.
(b) For a fresh change of clothes.
(c) To use the pool.
(d) To pick up his cell phone.
5. Where does Spenser go with Mickey Rafferty in Chapter 3?
(a) To the hotel bar.
(b) To the station where Candy works.
(c) To Candy's house.
(d) To the hotel pool.
6. In Chapter 7, who tells Candy that he thinks Roger Hammond is lying?
(b) Steve Butler.
(d) Mike Wallace.
7. Who gave Spenser the material he is reading when the novel opens?
(a) His girlfriend.
(b) The librarian.
(c) His co-worker.
(d) His mother.
8. What does Candy suggest the next move should be on the evening after meeting with Roger Hammond?
(a) To meet with the president of Oceania.
(b) To interview employees at Summit Studios.
(c) To interview former employees of Roger Hammond.
(d) To meet with the president of Waverly, Inc.
9. What does Spenser tell Candy about Susan the night before they visit the Oceania offices?
(a) He loves her.
(b) They are uncommitted.
(c) She is terminally ill.
(d) She is a reliable source.
10. What does Rachel Wallace tell Spenser to expect?
(a) A package.
(d) A phone call.
11. Who does Peter Brewster call at the end of Chapter 11?
(a) Sam Felton.
(d) Carol Zogby.
12. What does Candy Sloan say she would rather NOT do when she talks to Spenser on the phone?
(a) Give details using email.
(c) Give details over the phone.
13. Who hired the person who is waiting near Candy's car in Chapter 7?
(a) Sam Felton.
(b) A thug named Bones.
(c) Roger Hammond.
(d) The same man who beat her.
14. What is Roger Hammond's job?
(a) He is the owner of a newspaper and a television station.
(b) He is the head of Summit Studios.
(c) He is the producer of Investigation Now!
(d) He is the CEO of Hammond Enterprises.
15. What is Mickey's job?
(a) Stunt man.
(b) Personal assistant.
(c) Camera man.
(d) Security guard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Spenser decide about the person waiting near Candy's car in Chapter 7?
2. What causes Spenser to speak rudely to Peter Brewster?
3. Who is Susan?
4. How does Spenser answer the phone in Chapter 1?
5. Who bailed out Roger Hammond when he got the studio into financial trouble?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)