|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sam Felton tell Candy when she asks him about her suspicions?
(a) He tells her she is right, but begs her not to tell anyone.
(b) He tells her she worries too much.
(c) He denies the whole thing.
(d) He tells her she better know her place.
2. Who drives the car on the way back from the meeting with Roger Hammond?
(a) No one, the engine won't start.
(b) No one, the tires are flat.
3. How does Roger Hammond react when Candy shares her corruption suspicions?
(a) He dismisses suspicions and calls her naive.
(b) He becomes hostile.
(c) He shares his own suspicions.
(d) He agrees to help if he can.
4. What does Spenser tell Candy to do as they are leaving Summit Studios?
(a) Take a few odd turns.
(b) Act naturally.
(c) Wait in the car while he runs back inside.
(d) Call Hammond's office.
5. What does Rachel Wallace tell Spenser to expect?
(a) A phone call.
(c) A package.
6. Who walks Spenser and Candy to their car when they leave Summit Studios?
(a) Security guards.
(b) Mickey Rafferty.
(c) Roger Hammond.
(d) A secretary.
7. Who is Sam Felton?
(a) A security guard at Summit Studios.
(b) An actor for Summit Studios.
(c) A movie producer at Summit Studios.
(d) A night guard for Summit Studios.
8. Who does Candy Sloan say will pay for Spenser's services?
(a) Her business.
(b) Her trust fund.
(c) She will pay.
(d) Her employer.
9. What has Candy Sloan received that motivates her to contact Spenser?
(a) An inheritance.
(b) A terminal diagnosis.
(d) An anonymous letter.
10. Who first calls Spenser in Chapter 1?
(a) His lover.
(b) His mother.
(c) A former client.
(d) A bill collector.
11. Where does Spenser stay in Chapter 2?
(a) In someone's spare bedroom.
(b) Above someone's garage.
(c) In a penthouse apartment.
(d) In a hotel.
12. What does Spenser tell Candy about Susan the night before they visit the Oceania offices?
(a) They are uncommitted.
(b) She is a reliable source.
(c) She is terminally ill.
(d) He loves her.
13. Who does Peter Brewster call at the end of Chapter 11?
(c) Sam Felton.
(d) Carol Zogby.
14. Why does Candy Sloan want to hire Spenser?
(a) For personal protection.
(b) To investigate a theft.
(c) To investigate her husband.
(d) To serve papers.
15. What is the relationship between Mickey and Candy?
(a) They are brother and sister.
(b) She once interviewed him for a story.
(c) They have never met.
(d) He thinks she is his girlfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Candy go to meet the person who called her on the day that Spenser arrived in town?
2. What does Spenser notice as he and Candy are leaving Summit Studios?
3. How long do Candy and Spenser have to wait before they are allowed to see the person they are visiting at the Oceania offices?
4. What does Candy tell the person that she and Spenser go to see after leaving the Farmer's Market?
5. What does Spenser show Candy in the beginning of Chapter 8?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)