|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Sam Felton?
(a) A night guard for Summit Studios.
(b) A movie producer at Summit Studios.
(c) A security guard at Summit Studios.
(d) An actor for Summit Studios.
2. What is true of Candy when Spenser first sees her in Chapter 3?
(a) Her face is bruised.
(b) She is yelling at her brother.
(c) She is wearing a red suit.
(d) She is giving orders to others.
3. What does Candy suggest the next move should be on the evening after meeting with Roger Hammond?
(a) To interview former employees of Roger Hammond.
(b) To meet with the president of Waverly, Inc.
(c) To interview employees at Summit Studios.
(d) To meet with the president of Oceania.
4. How long do Candy and Spenser have to wait before they are allowed to see the person they are visiting at the Oceania offices?
(a) All day.
(b) They are greeted as they get off the elevator.
(c) 5 minutes.
(d) A long time.
5. What does Spenser show Candy in the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) How to use a gun.
(b) A picture of Susan.
(c) A self-defense manuever.
(d) A short cut.
6. Who does Peter Brewster call at the end of Chapter 11?
(b) Carol Zogby.
(c) Sam Felton.
7. What do Spenser and Candy do the night they meet with Roger Hammond and have drinks together?
(a) Sleep together.
(b) Break into an office.
(c) Go skinny-dipping.
(d) Observe a beating.
8. Where does Spenser go with Mickey Rafferty in Chapter 3?
(a) To the hotel bar.
(b) To Candy's house.
(c) To the hotel pool.
(d) To the station where Candy works.
9. What does Spenser do after breakfast in Chapter 3?
(a) Completes a crossword puzzle.
(b) Goes to a gym.
(c) Checks his email.
(d) Goes for a run.
10. What has Candy Sloan received that motivates her to contact Spenser?
(a) An inheritance.
(c) An anonymous letter.
(d) A terminal diagnosis.
11. What happens to Candy when she meets the person who called her on the evening of Spenser's arrival?
(a) She is given a packet of confidential files.
(b) She is abducted and beaten.
(c) She is blackmailed.
(d) She is fired.
12. Who does Spenser find waiting near Candy's car in Chapter 7?
(a) Sam Felton.
(b) Roger Hammond.
(c) Mickey Rafferty.
(d) A strange man.
13. Who does Candy think Sam Felton is involved with?
(a) The casino industry.
(b) The mob.
(c) His co-star.
(d) A loan shark.
14. How does Roger Hammond react when Candy shares her corruption suspicions?
(a) He shares his own suspicions.
(b) He dismisses suspicions and calls her naive.
(c) He becomes hostile.
(d) He agrees to help if he can.
15. Where does Spenser stay in Chapter 2?
(a) In a penthouse apartment.
(b) In a hotel.
(c) In someone's spare bedroom.
(d) Above someone's garage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What industry is the topic of Candy Sloan's work?
2. Why do Spenser and Candy stop at the Farmer's Market in Chapter 7?
3. Who does Candy tell Spenser called her after they parted ways the day he arrived in town?
4. What does Sam Felton tell Candy when she asks him about her suspicions?
5. Who first calls Spenser in Chapter 1?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)