|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Spenser do after breakfast in Chapter 3?
(a) Goes for a run.
(b) Checks his email.
(c) Goes to a gym.
(d) Completes a crossword puzzle.
2. Where does Spenser escort Candy the evening after meeting with Roger Hammond?
(a) To dinner.
(b) To the police station.
(c) To a cocktail hour for journalists.
(d) To an awards show.
3. What best describes Roger Hammond's reaction to seeing Spenser and Candy after their meeting?
4. Who bailed out Roger Hammond when he got the studio into financial trouble?
(a) A west coast mob family.
(b) An east coast loan shark.
(c) A woman named Carol Zogby.
(d) A company called Waverly, Inc.
5. What causes Spenser to speak rudely to Peter Brewster?
(a) Something Detective Odell tells him.
(b) The way his assistant treats them.
(c) A picture he sees on Brewster's desk.
(d) His rudeness to Candy.
6. Where do Spenser and Candy share drinks after their meeting with Roger Hammond?
(a) As they walk along the beach.
(b) At a cocktail party.
(c) On her balcony.
(d) In a hotel bar.
7. Why do Spenser and Candy stop at the Farmer's Market in Chapter 7?
(a) To meet with a potential informant.
(b) To buy vegetables for dinner.
(c) To talk to a farmer who knows Hammond.
(d) To escape being followed.
8. How does Spenser answer the phone in Chapter 1?
(a) By saying, Spense here.
(b) He lets the machine pick up.
(d) By pretending to be someone else.
9. What is the first thing Candy wants to do when she returns to work?
(a) Call the local police detective.
(b) Talk to her co-workers.
(c) Access her computer files.
(d) Talk to the studio head.
10. Where is the first place Candy goes at the Farmer's Market in Chapter 7?
(a) The bathroom.
(b) A stall selling lettuce and bok choy.
(c) The concession stand.
(d) A stall selling berries.
11. Who first calls Spenser in Chapter 1?
(a) A former client.
(b) A bill collector.
(c) His lover.
(d) His mother.
12. In Chapter 7, who tells Candy that he thinks Roger Hammond is lying?
(b) Mike Wallace.
(c) Steve Butler.
13. What does the person look like who is waiting near Candy's car in Chapter 7?
(a) She is a teenager with braces and stringy hair.
(b) He is a blond man.
(c) He is a bald African-American man.
(d) She is a short redhead.
14. Where does Spenser stay in Chapter 2?
(a) In a penthouse apartment.
(b) In a hotel.
(c) In someone's spare bedroom.
(d) Above someone's garage.
15. Who is Susan?
(a) Spenser's landlady.
(b) Spenser's girlfriend.
(c) Spenser's mother.
(d) The person Spenser is reading about.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mickey tell Spenser in Chapter 3?
2. How does Rachel Wallace react to the way Spenser answers the phone?
3. What does Mickey do at the end of Chapter 3?
4. Who does Spenser find waiting near Candy's car in Chapter 7?
5. Who walks Spenser and Candy to their car when they leave Summit Studios?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)