|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Spenser and Candy share drinks after their meeting with Roger Hammond?
(a) As they walk along the beach.
(b) In a hotel bar.
(c) At a cocktail party.
(d) On her balcony.
2. What does Rachel Wallace tell Spenser to expect?
(a) A package.
(c) A phone call.
3. Where does Spenser go by plane in Chapter 2?
(b) Los Angeles.
(d) New Orleans.
4. What does Spenser tell Candy about Susan the night before they visit the Oceania offices?
(a) She is terminally ill.
(b) She is a reliable source.
(c) He loves her.
(d) They are uncommitted.
5. Why does the person in Chapter 7 tell Candy that he believes Roger Hammond is lying?
(a) Because he overheard a conversation.
(b) Because Felton would have told him about the accusations.
(c) Because Hammond and Felton are cousins.
(d) Because Hammond has a drug problem.
6. Who gave Spenser the material he is reading when the novel opens?
(a) His girlfriend.
(b) His mother.
(c) The librarian.
(d) His co-worker.
7. Who does Peter Brewster call at the end of Chapter 11?
(c) Sam Felton.
(d) Carol Zogby.
8. What does Spenser do after breakfast in Chapter 3?
(a) Goes to a gym.
(b) Goes for a run.
(c) Completes a crossword puzzle.
(d) Checks his email.
9. Why do Spenser and Candy stop at the Farmer's Market in Chapter 7?
(a) To talk to a farmer who knows Hammond.
(b) To meet with a potential informant.
(c) To escape being followed.
(d) To buy vegetables for dinner.
10. How does Roger Hammond initially react to Candy and Spenser?
(a) He's polite, but reserved.
(b) He's pleasant and helpful.
(c) He's suspicious of their motives.
(d) He's rude and offensive.
11. Who else is present when Candy and Spenser make their visit to the Oceania offices?
(a) The CEO and the head of the board of directors.
(b) A security guard and a PR person.
(c) The person's daughter and attorney.
(d) A security guard and the person's daughter.
12. Under what circumstances do Candy and Spenser leave Roger Hammond's office?
(a) They leave out a back door.
(b) Hammond walks them to the parking lot.
(c) Hammond's secretary tells him he has an appointment.
(d) They are kicked out by Hammond.
13. What best describes Mickey Rafferty's appearance?
(a) Unkempt and gritty.
(b) Short and tough-looking.
(c) Professional and clean.
(d) Tall and lanky.
14. What does Mickey tell Spenser in Chapter 3?
(a) That he suspects Candy's boss.
(b) That he is isn't doing his job.
(c) That the Sunrise Cafe is very private.
(d) That the mob is very active in Los Angeles.
15. Who does Candy Sloan say will pay for Spenser's services?
(a) She will pay.
(b) Her employer.
(c) Her trust fund.
(d) Her business.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Candy and Spenser go to see after leaving the Farmer's Market?
2. What is the relationship between Mickey and Candy?
3. How does Roger Hammond react when Candy shares her corruption suspicions?
4. What does Candy suggest the next move should be on the evening after meeting with Roger Hammond?
5. What does Candy Sloan say she would rather NOT do when she talks to Spenser on the phone?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)