Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Spenser's personality.
2. Is Spenser an intelligent person?
3. How does Spenser first hear about Candy Sloan?
4. Why does Candy Sloan need a bodyguard?
5. What is the tone of Spenser's first conversation with Candy Sloan?
6. How does Candy feel about Spenser aiding her with the investigation?
7. Describe Spenser's feelings about Los Angeles.
8. Why does Candy send someone else to pick up Spenser his first morning in Los Angeles?
9. Describe Mickey Rafferty.
10. Describe Candy's abduction.
11. How is Mickey's hostility toward Spenser resolved?
12. Is Spenser a sympathetic person?
13. How is Mickey involved in Candy's investigation?
14. Is Mickey reliable?
15. What is the relationship between Candy and Mickey?
16. What kind of person is Candy?
17. Is Richard Hammond a powerful man?
18. Describe Richard Hammond's reaction to Candy's allegations of corruption.
19. What clues does Spenser have in Chapters 6 and 7 that tell him Candy is on the right track with her investigation?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)