1. What is Spenser reading when the novel opens?
2. Who gave Spenser the material he is reading when the novel opens?
3. Who is Susan?
4. Who first calls Spenser in Chapter 1?
A former client.
5. How does Spenser answer the phone in Chapter 1?
By pretending to be someone else.
6. Who is Rachel Wallace?
7. How does Rachel Wallace react to the way Spenser answers the phone?
8. What does Rachel Wallace tell Spenser to expect?
A phone call.
9. Who is Candy Sloan?
This section contains 5,040 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)