|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Spenser answer the phone in Chapter 1?
(b) He lets the machine pick up.
(c) By saying, Spense here.
(d) By pretending to be someone else.
2. Under what circumstances do Candy and Spenser leave Roger Hammond's office?
(a) They are kicked out by Hammond.
(b) Hammond walks them to the parking lot.
(c) They leave out a back door.
(d) Hammond's secretary tells him he has an appointment.
3. What does Spenser decide about the person waiting near Candy's car in Chapter 7?
(a) This person is going to be of use.
(b) This person knows more than he or she is saying.
(c) This person has no more information.
(d) This person is being used.
4. What is Spenser reading when the novel opens?
(a) The newspaper.
(b) A case file.
(c) A biography.
(d) A detective novel.
5. What does Mickey tell Spenser in Chapter 3?
(a) That the Sunrise Cafe is very private.
(b) That the mob is very active in Los Angeles.
(c) That he suspects Candy's boss.
(d) That he is isn't doing his job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Candy suggest the next move should be on the evening after meeting with Roger Hammond?
2. What is discovered in the dumpster at a Holiday Inn?
3. Where does Sam Felton go at the end of Chapter 17?
4. What does Candy tell Samuelson about the bribe?
5. Where does Spenser stay in Chapter 2?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)