|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What industry is the topic of Candy Sloan's work?
(a) The health care industry.
(b) The movie industry.
(c) The precious metals industry.
(d) The fine art industry.
2. What does Spenser tell Candy to do when he calls her at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) To stay hidden.
(b) To get her car and drive straight home.
(c) To call Mickey and have him pick her up.
(d) To get her car and pick him up.
3. Who do Candy and Spenser go to see after leaving the Farmer's Market?
(a) A doctor.
(b) Sam Felton.
(c) An attorney.
(d) An agent.
4. Who does Spenser decide to tell about Mickey's involvement in the corruption story, in Chapter 18?
(a) Detective Samuelson.
(b) Officer LaFountain.
(c) Candy's boss.
(d) Rachel Wallace.
5. What does Spenser note about Los Angeles in Chapter 3?
(a) People look different than they do in Boston.
(b) They have fresh fruit everywhere.
(c) Two streets have the same name.
(d) It's sunny and smoggy at the same time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gave Spenser the material he is reading when the novel opens?
2. What does Mickey do at the end of Chapter 3?
3. What does Spenser tell Candy about Susan the night before they visit the Oceania offices?
4. What best describes Mickey Rafferty's appearance?
5. What do Spenser and Candy do the night they meet with Roger Hammond and have drinks together?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)