|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Roger Hammond react when Candy shares her corruption suspicions?
(a) He becomes hostile.
(b) He dismisses suspicions and calls her naive.
(c) He shares his own suspicions.
(d) He agrees to help if he can.
2. What does Spenser note about Los Angeles in Chapter 3?
(a) It's sunny and smoggy at the same time.
(b) They have fresh fruit everywhere.
(c) Two streets have the same name.
(d) People look different than they do in Boston.
3. How long do Candy and Spenser have to wait before they are allowed to see the person they are visiting at the Oceania offices?
(a) 5 minutes.
(b) They are greeted as they get off the elevator.
(c) All day.
(d) A long time.
4. What do Spenser and Candy do the night they meet with Roger Hammond and have drinks together?
(a) Go skinny-dipping.
(b) Break into an office.
(c) Observe a beating.
(d) Sleep together.
5. What is Roger Hammond's job?
(a) He is the owner of a newspaper and a television station.
(b) He is the CEO of Hammond Enterprises.
(c) He is the producer of Investigation Now!
(d) He is the head of Summit Studios.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Rachel Wallace?
2. Where is Candy left stranded in Chapter 3?
3. Who does Candy tell Spenser called her after they parted ways the day he arrived in town?
4. Why does Candy Sloan want to hire Spenser?
5. What does Spenser tell Candy about Susan the night before they visit the Oceania offices?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)