|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is true of Candy when Spenser first sees her in Chapter 3?
(a) She is giving orders to others.
(b) She is yelling at her brother.
(c) Her face is bruised.
(d) She is wearing a red suit.
2. What is Roger Hammond's job?
(a) He is the head of Summit Studios.
(b) He is the producer of Investigation Now!
(c) He is the owner of a newspaper and a television station.
(d) He is the CEO of Hammond Enterprises.
3. How does Rachel Wallace react to the way Spenser answers the phone?
(a) She calls him stuffy.
(b) With pride.
(c) She laughs.
(d) She disapproves.
4. Who bailed out Roger Hammond when he got the studio into financial trouble?
(a) A woman named Carol Zogby.
(b) A west coast mob family.
(c) An east coast loan shark.
(d) A company called Waverly, Inc.
5. What do Spenser and Candy do the night they meet with Roger Hammond and have drinks together?
(a) Go skinny-dipping.
(b) Observe a beating.
(c) Break into an office.
(d) Sleep together.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Spenser and Candy head for a drink after leaving the meeting with Roger Hammond?
2. What does Spenser note about Los Angeles in Chapter 3?
3. What does Roger Hammond want from Candy after she shares her suspicions?
4. Why does Candy Sloan want to hire Spenser?
5. Who joins Spenser and Candy after they leave the meeting with Roger Hammond?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)